18 April 2010

Love Thy Neighbour

This hot little saucepot is Liz.We met Liz when we moved into our house in 2000;she was living next door.We fell in lurve almost instantly,and formed a firm friendship.She hasn't lived next door for years,but we still refer to each other as the neighbours.

Her birthday is today(no idea why I thought it was Tuesday;I'm good like that),so a bunch of us met up at Winniebagoes last night for dinner........G and I had 4 bandidos before cycling into town-about 10 mins from our place-and then I got stuck into the bubbly with Liz.
I had one of those I've got nothing to wear moments last night,then decided on a green 60's frock that I promptly spilt coffee on.So I ended up in a safe,simple homemade number.See flickr for a semi-decent shot.
G with Liz's man Ely,and her daughter Ebony.G has a bit of a glow on!
Phwoar!!!
"I love you,I rilly rilly love you"
G always has to clean my face after dinner.We had the most scrumptious spicey lamb pizza.Makes my mouth water just typing that.
After a fabulous garlicky baked field mushroom for breaky,I went off the Stash Rehash.I bumped into the adorably petite and pretty cameliacrinoline there,and we had a little rummage together.It was soooo busy!Madness!I was there 25 mins early,and the queue was around the block!!!Still,I managed to get away with these goodies for $20.O dear,more stuff to find space for in my room!!!
This is what I came home to.
G is still on his bender,and had been brutalising the hedge whilst I was out!!!
So I got motivated in the kitchen and made pesto,a salsa,olive/feta/thyme muffins and a tremendous chilli con carne.I will make a broccoli/courgette slice before the evening is out.......
Frock-made by me out of retro fabric from an opshop
Cardi-opshopped
Tutu-opshopped
Handbag-vintage,opshopped
Tights-Farmers
T bars-No 1 Shoe Warehouse
Feeling positively virtuous!
Woof!!Liz has great,sexy style.....and the most gorgeous pillowy lips....mmmmm

10 comments:

Ivy Black said...

And so you should feel virtuous..not only for your outfit but your cooking! You are a dynamo.
x

piglet said...

I love the black and orange, especially the tights, they are wonderful!

Louise said...

You look fabulous. Another wonderful dress! x

Camelia Crinoline said...

I'm so glad we bumped into each other yesterday amid all the craziness. You looked wonderful as usual and someone I know that saw us walking out said "Who was that gorgeous woman I saw you with yesterday at Stash Rehash?".

Deidre in Interwebland said...

I spotted you two at the market yesterday but couldn't make it through the crowd to say hi. Both looking stunning as usual. I hope you enjoy making magic with your purchases.

CalamityJem said...

Another stonking outfit...you look fab fab fab!
xXx

Vintage Obsession said...

haha the drama in the pictures i totally like :)

Sak said...

love all the pics ..yr hair looks extra fabulous ..i know u have done something nice..pretty flower...

Helga! said...

Yay,thanks ladies!!Your sweetness means so much to me!!!

Disco Goth said...

Looks like a top night out was had by all! Loving all the fabrics and ooh, the orange tights of orangeness! =)