23 December 2010

It's a bit majestic, I suppose



We cycle past the Peterborough every morning.
I can't remember what it originally was, but it was transformed into apartments in the late 90's.


A fine example of Christchurch's "gothic" past!


Perfect place for an old Goth to pose!


Fab building, and survived the earthquake really well; it has a counterpart a block South, that didn't fare so well.




Frock, petticoat, boots-opshopped



Socks-Auckland



Cardi-Farmers sale





Earrings-Selcuk, Turkey



Tiara-Spotlight



Necklaces-Vix and Sarah



I'm pretty sure Vix is due back tomorrow, whether or not she can get back is another story!



So.



We are going camping for the next week, up to Pelorus , where there is a pleasant camp ground by a lovely river. We plan to relax with a pile of reading matter, food and wine.


We leave this afternoon!



I'll next see you all around the 30th, when I guess we'll all be getting excited-or not-about New Years Eve parties........


You've all done very well!


(in the words of the immortal Mr Grace!)




Have safe and happy times, don't do anything Helga wouldn't do!!!


(bahahaha!)


X

This makes me laugh maniacly.

(assuming that's a word)

19 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

love the hot pink boots! have fun on your camping trip!

Perdita said...

Love the building, love the boots. Inside my mind the decor is all gothic and the boots all pink platforms!

Mazzy Boy said...

I love the pink boots and you in a church doorway...the glam whore of Babylon LIVES!!!! Hello Auntie, I have missed you. Go to Liz's blog, she has me singing Liza. Have missed you and blogging...xoxoxo

La Dama said...

oh how I love old gothic buildings..wonder how the inside is.. adorable vestido and pink sexy stripper boots..have fun camping amor.

Misfits Vintage said...

Helga - I hope you and G have the most wonderful time by the river, reading, eating, relaxing... I'll miss you!

You look FAB as ever - great colour combo - and the pink boots are FANTASTIC!

Have a lovely xmas you guys. Sarah xxx

Kandi said...

Wow, stunning! And the buidling's not bad either :)
Have the best time lovely lady.
Hugs galore
Kandi xx

Alex said...

Have a glorious time camping! Take many photos please - I'm intrigued to see if you camp in more glam style than I can manage!

Love that building - I can see myself living there quite easily.

Miss Claire said...

You're going camping!! Have the loveliest of times out in the wilderness! I can just imagine a few back packers stumbling along you, gloriously spread out in the sun in a maxi dress with a good book and a glass of wine while G paints your toe-nails! Hehe!

Loving those boots too! And oh my, I would so love to live in one of those apartments! I've always loved the idea of converting a church into a home!

Have a great time xox

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh wow - a dollop of beautiful colour against an amazing building - Helga you are an amazing woman!!! You're always there to make me laugh and I have no idea how I would get by without my daily Helga fix. So glad this building survived the earthquakes - CC is such a beautiful city - it's a terrible shame some buildings didn't survive so well. But you know, Helga makes everything look gorgeous again:) xoxoo

Style ninfa said...

Love that pink color, the dress is super cute ;)
♥ ♥ ♥ Angie
Check out my blog & maybe we could follow each other?
styleninfa.blogspot.com

devilishlypleasurable said...

A bit majestic? Glorious!

Her Royal Pink Majesty. . have a lovely holiday season x

Penny Dreadful said...

Merry Christmas possum, enjoy the fresh air and warm weather!

Hope Adela said...

the color combination of hot pink and turquoise is fantastic!! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, I love you in pink!

What a gorgeous Victorian gothic building. I love anywhere with character.

Have a fabulous time camping. Look forward to the pictures.

Have a wonderful Christmas and I'm very happy to have met you this year. Love Christina xx

Bonnie said...

Helga, you look fab in pink! Have fun on your camping trip and be sure to take pictures.

xo, Bonnie

lady sélénite said...

hey, Lady of the Manor ! You're colorful and so alive, as always, when I come to your blog I receive so good and funny energy, I love that !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

Janna Lynn said...

You look gorgeous! I love those socks peeking up over the boots and the petticoat peeping out under the hem! Cutie Cute Cute....have fun camping! Hearts, Janna Lynn

Vintage Vixen said...

Majestic, My Darling? I'd expect nothing less!
Hope you're having the most fabulous time.
Love ya!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

VildesVerden said...

Love both the house and the outfit!