22 December 2010

'Tis the season for making merry

So that is what we did!


A friend, Ping, is over from Melbourne for the season, so we had some drinkies last night to catch up before she pops off to the coast to see her family.
My frock is from the Repertory Theatre sale the other week.


Here's Ping!














Snuggles with a sunset backdrop....





















Then we had a messy, drunken jam.


Ping is a mighty fine drummer!






Then all was revealed!



By this time I was in bed, after virtuously skulling water.


G kicked everyone out about 12:30am, I believe!


Just 1 and 1/2 days of work left for the year.....thank goodness!


X


*Thanks, sweet Crystal Lee , for your positive comments again on my hair! I rarely wear it out, as it is so fine and generally annoying!! But clearly I should do more often! x







14 comments:

Mrs Cleaver said...

What a pretty dress!Love the sleeves & the purple heels really make it pop.You have the most amazing skin,i wish mine was like that.

KibitzKnitz said...

Wow!! Tiara's, hot wigs, Fluffing the 'Girls'; you all know how to Live!! ;^) Love the pic of you (standing) and G (sitting). Hooray for for being a short-timer at work!

Misfits Vintage said...

Gorgeous as always Helga - that frock is a real beauty. I love both of the pics of you and G - especially the first one - you both look so serene and in luuurve. You have such fun visitors so frequentl!

Yay for only one and a half days to go!

Sarah xxx

RETRO REVA said...

Thanks so much for participating in the party!
Your photo was my favorite !!!!!!!!!!!!!
xXx
Reva

Penny Dreadful said...

You are pulling out the stops lately - yet another gorgeous frock. Love the length of this one, the shape is just perfect for you. Some of my favourite things came from a theatre sale I went to years ago, but I've never even seen another one advertised since :(

Calamity Jem said...

Dear Helga,
Awe, you & G look so in love!
That dress is seriously stunning, as are you.
What a fabulous party too, you simply can't beat a good old drunken jam :)
Lot's of love,
from a totally baked out Jem
...xXx

Crystal Lee said...

goodness, I can hardly stay up past 10:00 p.m. on a work night. You got more spunk than I do. you're welcome for the comment. and you should definitely wear it down more often.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, what fab pictures, it looks like a great fun evening. Your dress and tiara are stunning xx

Kitty said...

Good to see you're not letting any of your standards slip, my dear, he he!

La Dama said...

I need to see more lovey pictures of you and "G".
that vestido is so lady like..feel like having tea like...I too adore you wearing your long red hair down...you two are made for eachother...your friend fooled me with that blue wig,lol

Comtesse de ferveur said...

I am just loving that gorgeous frock! Looks like a very fun night and water before bed is admirable m'dear - wish I could remember that!
xx Comtesse xx

Perdita said...

Water before bed (and a biscuit) every time! Clever lady. Merry Christmas!

sacramento said...

You all look soooooooooooooo happy, I am sure you will have a wonderful Cxmas.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bonnie said...

Hi Helga, what fun! That is a very pretty dress and looks great on you. You throw the most fun parties and I love the sunset!

Bonnie