30 December 2010

Wine and nibbles for breaky and lunch!

Yep.
Every day.
We did make efforts for dinner,however!

The marinated feta was heavenly!!
One of our dinners consisted of that with smoked salmon, orzo, homemade pesto and olives........


Nom!
I could quite happily live on snacks like this!

Just look at this setting!! Glorious!
Who'd have thought 3 days later the river would be all over this?!
Jeez, we've had a year of craziness here. The poor South Island has been caned! Earthquakes, a huge storm down south, more earthquakes, this flooding!
On Boxing Day apparently there were 24 aftershocks from about 2am onwards! Not terribly high on the richter scale, but shallow and very central.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!
What's a girl to do but look as fabulous as possible!?
Stay tuned for another post later on..........
The holiday pics will keep dribbling on through!
X




video

7 comments:

Ivy Black said...

Just lovely and what a fantastic spot....pity about the insane weather.
Wheyhay, G!!
xxx

Mrs Cleaver said...

What a gorgeous place to spend christmas & the food sounds devine!Quite similar to our christmas fare actually although yours sounds better :D
I did leave a reply on the last post in case you missed it as i was a little late reading it,thanks for your lovely comments.

ana b. said...

Orzo as in the cheese? There's a restaurant that flambes it at your table here for you and it's the most delicious hunk of dairy ever. What a wonderful place to spend the holidays but I had no idea that was happening in the South Island! I should really turn the tv on.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, what a stunning setting! Just beautiful.

I could happily live on all the food you've mentioned. And red wine. And my favourite Bloody Mary's.

Stay fabulous xx

Vintage Vixen said...

Yummy, I'm drolling at those lucious olives and cheeses. I could live on those, too (as long as Stilton was readily available).
You look utterly fabulous tucking into those delights, my darling. The setting is almost as fabulous as you are.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh looks as though you had a wonderful time away. That spot is divine (and obviously perfect for skinny dipping) and if I were ever to go camping that would be my kind of spot. Shame about the rotten insect bites. I can sit in a room with twenty people and I'll be eaten alive and nobody else will even have a single bite!

So glad you're back on board - I miss you!

Sarah xxx

La Dama said...

your glowing with delight and thats a beautiful peaceful area amor.