But the night sky blooms with fire, and the burning bed floats higher



A tribute to the wonderous Frida Kahlo, most especially for our lovely friend Lisa, who lives in Mexico!

Frock-opshoppped, many years ago, and is likely from Mexico originally
Earrings, pendant, "rebozo" (shawl)-San Cristobel de las Casas, Mexico
(That's my parents in the pendant; it's a sort of locket)
Other necklaces-London and Thailand
Headpiece-made with the loving hands of Sarah
Cross-Cozumel, Mexico
Frida heart-from the gorgeous Shelley
Moustache-I carry it around in my purse, you just never know when you might need one

I have been obsessed with Frida for as long as I can remember.
I am drawn to strong, powerful women who aren't afraid to push boundaries, and Frida was undeniably such a woman, and just one of many I admire and am inspired by!
One of the highlights of my life, thus far, was going to her house in Coyacan, Mexico City a few years ago.
Obviously, G and I are very influenced by Mexican (and Indian) colours and designs for our house!

X