The sweet taste in your mouth turned bitter in its glass





Our Cousin Phylicia, also popularly known as my sistercousinwife Sarah's toyboy, came back to town for his father's (G's Uncle Laurie) 80th birthday celebration.
Naturally, we gussied ourselves up for an afternoon with old people and family!


This was the first frock I'd managed to make in about a year!
It's a 50's reproduction pattern, and this was the toile, using a 70's sheet, that came out far better than I expected!
Feck me, am I happy to have refound my sewing mojo!





After some beverages of the boozey variety, much merry making and schmoozing, I needed a lie down in the grass to recuperate.



Hat-60's, from Two Squirrels ages ago
Sunglasses-vintage Orotons, from my sistercousinwifey
Gloves-I think these are part of a lot I got off Trade Me, or else they're from Sarah...can't remember!
Tights-retail
Shoes-a school fair
Handbag-a Rex, a gift from G
Earrings-from the sweetest Squirrel
Beads-60's, opshopped



Just look at our fine lad!
Australian life seems to suit him rather well!


Um, here's something you don't see every day!
G and I with the most recent addition to the family, Baby Ruby...I think she is a second cousin, or something??
G's cousin's baby....I'm never sure how it all works!
Not to mention how terribly alarming it is to hold a baby....


I just love this shot of Phylicia holding court with the oldies!!


X