Sioux Divine!



I really f-ing loved Siouxsie Sioux in my goth days,and still do.I just managed to find a copy of her solo album "Mantaray"siouxsiemantaray on Trade Me,and received it in the mail yesterday.I didn't get a chance to listen to it last night,as I had a friend over,but plan to swing it tonight! I have NO idea what it will be like,but am very excited,cos Siouxsie is soooo fabulous.I always loved her style,even when she was a punk,but she rocked most when she started indulging in her love of the 20's,and was dressing and doing her makeup in that style.
Yes,I copied her look a lot-and was stoked to receive the comment that I was the best Siouxsie lookalike they'd seen from a girl at The Mission concert in Auckland in 1990-but I meant it in the most flattering way.Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery,as they say.I don't think Siouxsie ever saw it that way,though.I think I read an ascerbic comment from her along those lines at some point.I still like to do a version of the makeup from time to time,in a more colourful way-so I was thrilled to see that on the cover of "Mantaray" she has kept the look but updated it with colour!!Ooooo-I think I will be having a Siouxsie & The Banshees cd thrashing this weekend!!!

No comments: