A Family Affair

Well,we went to one of G's brothers house for what was to be lunch,but we didn't sit down until 3pm,so I am not sure what exactly to call it!
As you can tell from the above,I was a little apprehensive.This sister-in-law and I don't really connect.Usually she laughs at me;so I thought I'd go all out today to give her something to laugh at!!!



G was right into dressing up too,getting out his lovely 70's mushroom coloured suit,and dodgy teacher glasses. Woof!!
The pillars of sanctimony.
On G:
70's suit-gift
Tie-gift from the divinity that is vix
Shirt-opshopped
Docs-opshopped
On me:
Mad hat-vintage,opshopped
Frock-70's maxi that someone else shortened,Trade Me
Tights-Ballantynes
Socks-Sydney
Boots-vintage,opshopped
Coat in earlier pic-vintage,gift
Handbag-gift from Justine
I could almost pass for a trolly-dolly!!

10 comments:

Vintage Obsession said...

hey interesting attire :) nice head gear BTW :)

Camelia Crinoline said...

I love this outfit. The sister in law is obviously jealous of how stylish you are.

Alex said...

Argh Helga, I want to steal you please. This is just perfect, especially that divine hat!! Your sister in law is clearly an oddbod if she laughs at you.

Huzzah for G in his suit and specs as well!

Smashingbird said...

What a fab looking couple, I'm loving your hat too!

Disco Goth said...

Oh green, my favourite! I dream of the day when I find a vintage green leather coat that fits me. G looks suitably fab too =) xx

Miss Smilla said...

Love the green leather coat! Your sister in law obviously has no taste at all.

Helga! said...

What a bunch of sweeties you ladies are!!
Yeah,she has NO taste at all!!Not much personality either!! MEOW!!!
Isn't the hat MAD but fabulous!?

Obscura said...

Holy wow!!
You two look amazing!

Sak said...

omg !!u rock in every outfit..

Helga! said...

Thanks,Obscura & Sak!! :)