Parents.

My favourite photo of my parents,in their "courting" days,shall we say.I have no photos of my father prior to this.Mid 60's.

Daddy & baby me!1967.

Geoffrey.30/5/1922-11/10/2000


So dapper! I think he was a salesman of some kind about this time.He was a jack of all trades.


He fought in WW II in Tarakan,off the coast(I think) of Borneo.He was 19 and it affected him greatly.He would never speak about it,what little I know I got from Mummy.

Mummy & my Aunt Jan,aged 6.(Janice) Jan is 18 years younger than Mummy,so this is in the early 50's.
Mummy aged about 16/17,I think.

Delores.15/6/1929-30/7/2001


This is from her debut,she must be around 18.Not too sure.








12 comments:

CalamityJem said...

Lovely photos!
Thanks for sharing.
...xXx

Camelia Crinoline said...

I love old photos. Your Mum looks like she was very stylish and the photo of your parents in their "courting" days is lovely.

a cat of impossible colour said...

Gorgeous photos!

Vintage Vixen said...

I can see where you get your style from. What a cool and utterly gorgeous couple.
Thanks for sharing!
Jon's dad also fought in Borneo amongst other places and never spoke a word of it. Mist have been truly hideous.
Vix
xxx

DollhouseGhost said...

A very pretty mum!

Ivy Black said...

How lovely! They knew how to do it back then didn't they?
x

Alex said...

What wonderful photos. You've really got a look of your mum, haven't you?

piglet said...

What gorgeous pictures. I love your Mum's style!

Disco Goth said...

Lovely pictures and I think you look so like your Mum!

xx

Flaming Red said...

Lovely pics. Gosh you look like your mum! Gorgeous!

Helga! said...

Thank you for your lovely words!!Yay if I do look like Mummy,cos I think she was hot!

giddynici said...

The courting picture is beautiful. And I agree with everyone, you look so much like your mam! x