Word du jour:Decadence

I have these 3 decadent and beautiful images on my mind today,despite a dreadful headache which has plagued me for 2 days........gorgeously inspirational imagery is rather cheering,I feel.




"Divine decadence,darling!"
I don't look decadent,but I simply had to go without a hat and do my hair,as I do have the desire to get a little bit of decadence into my day.Only a couple of weeks into winter and I feel hat trauma already.Oddly,though,I am having an urge for a bowler.


Coat-vintage,opshopped
Frock-early 70's,opshopped
Tights-Farmers
Shoes-Hannahs sale
Handbag-vintage,opshopped.("So obviously Rex!")This bag is getting a bloody good thrashing.
Last night,we had a wintery pasta dish,with salami,homemade olive tapanade,homemade basil pesto,sundried tomatoes and extra parmesan.Delish!

Chased down with a surprisingly pleasant Merlot,not my usual tipple,tends to be too mellow for my liking.We both prefer cab sav's or shiraz.

We have a long weekend coming up,there's bubbly in the fridge,and a more than a hint of decadence in the air.......we have no fixed plans,(aside from Boris' pedicure tomorrow midday)and I am looking forward to whatever possibilities/opportunities come our way!




6 comments:

RETRO REVA said...

I've been wondering who is this Helga and decided to alas poke my head on over! I am in girlie love with Vix and any chick who she likes would certainly be a pal of mine ;) So, nice to meet ya and am gonna be following you as well. I love a gal who digs pink,and actually lived through the 60's,70's and 80's like me! and is a bit of a rebel at heart. I can tell you are! stop by sometime! It's girls like you that keep me on my path!

RETRO REVA said...

by the way, when I saw the sausage and butter, you had me hooked! Yum!!!

a cat of impossible colour said...

Nom! Pasta.

Alex said...

Mmmmm, you're making me hungry!

Louise said...

I so adore cabaret, and Liza Minelli. As soon as I saw the title of your blog I thought of it. :-)

Vintage Vixen said...

Bow-blinking-tastic! Pussybows, hair bows, mega bows, wowser!
Mmmmm yummy dinner, but Boris can have my sausage.
Vix
xxx