Featured Friend 2-Nix! (and my new red vanity case)

Just look at the beauteous Nix!She scored this divine retro woollen frock last week when she was out opshopping.I'm quite jealous.Just the perfect frock for the cold weather,and she wears it so well!

My score was a long sought after vanity case.I was hoping to find a 60's one,but found instead what G thinks is an 80's one.It fills all my requirements-big enough to hold all my makeup,brightly coloured,lockable and can double as a handbag.


Nothing flash in my makeup collection,really.It is mostly made up of bits and pieces of my Mums,stuff from Thailand,and lots of Avon,as I have a friend who sells it.There is even a thing of eyeshadows I got when I was 18 or so!Whoops,shouldn't keep it that long,but o well.I don't really care what I use makeup-wise,as long as it makes me look prettier and younger!!LOL! the only quality items I own are a black Lancome eyeliner and a black Mac eyeshadow,both bought duty free a couple of years ago.I don't wear foundation,but probably have most essentials covered,plus some fun stuff.I have a lot of false eyelashes and lipglosses,I've noticed.
My staples are charcoal eyeshadow,black mascara & black eyeliner for everyday.For a bit extra I use jet black eyeshadow,and I adore lippy,currently favouring red,and a spot of blush.I love to go overboard with blush and glitter/shimmer for night time.
Sometimes I look like a kid who got set lose in a paintbox.
But I don't care!



7 comments:

Louise said...

I definitely think that's 80s and the reason I say that is I remember my mum having one just like it when I was a child, and then it was mine and I stupidly got rid of it a few years back before I was into vintage stuff... I regret that now as someone probably has my beautiful burgundy vintage vanity case!

The Long & Winding Bobbin said...

ohh cute. but then again, i'm a sucker for anything red...

Pretty Little Pictures said...

Love the red case!

Vintage Vixen said...

I love Nix's frock, those chevron stripes are always a winner! That's an interesting print above the bed, too.
Gorgeous vanity case, love the square handle. I should have known that you'd wear no foundation either, you freaky twin! Blusher IS an essential as are neon-bright lippies in my world.
Vix
xxx

Alex said...

Ooh that's lovely and I always like a peek at other people's makeup collections.

Mrs Munster said...

You've got the right attitude when it comes to make-up :) The case is just fabulous and such a stunning colour.

giddynici said...

Love it. I have a red one near identical to that. They are fab aren't they. That reminds me though the lock broke on mine so I must get hubby to look at it. x