Fevered!

Late yesterday I perked up quite a lot.....the medicinal vodka kicked in and blew my illness away!
So,I frocked up in my gingham maxi-haven't worn it for years!-opened up my vanity case and got frisky with this fabulous pink blush I bought in Thailand last December,plaited my hair and let my inner Frida run free!!!!


I have had these platforms forever.Can't remember the last time I wore them.For some reason they are actually disintegrating!But still wearable,luckily.I had stuck on some gold stars at some point,but they have mostly peeled off,dammit.I opshopped the frock many years ago from Savemart,when retro cost less than $5.
Frocking up always makes me feel better and brighter,even though it takes a little effort!
*ooo,I just saw an ad for "The Price of Beauty",seems to be a documentary about beauty/what is considered beautiful in different cultures,hosted by Jessica Simpson?!Actually looks really good.Must check that out.I'm watching Mash as I type,and G is in the kitchen preparing dinner.Mash is such a great show,one of the best American shows ever produced,I reckon.A great mix of comedy and tragedy,it makes me want to laugh and cry,and Alan Alda is terrific and so bittersweet.
Yay for TV on a shitty,cold winters night!




13 comments:

Ivy Black said...

Your inner Frida and then some! Gorgeous as ever.
Alan Alda was one of my first crushes, via MASH, when I was a wee girl...I've always been fond of older men!
xx

kVk and The Shop Time Forgot said...

Looking freaking fabulous, totally love this outfit. Great hairdo, your red colour is way better than mine :)

ana b. said...

Goodness, you make being ill looking entirely glamorous. And medicinal vodka?! I'm going to have to try it next time I feel a cold/flu coming on. Why did I ever waste my time with ginger tea?!

La Dama said...

your gorgeously rockin the Frida look..love your hair flowers,cute gingham dress still looking for one myself and love the pinky blushy and everything else..you make being sick so beautiful..Mash was a great show..love hot lips,lol

The Long & Winding Bobbin said...

Oh vodka! is there anything it can't do??? glad to hear your feeling a little more chipper. Loving the frock, but then again, you could make a paper bag look good. ox

Miss Peelpants said...

You look spectacular my dear, love the dress!

Mrs Munster said...

Awesome look. Pretty pink tights. I'm trying to cure my cold with whiskey :)

Kel said...

You look fantastic, fav outfit ever. Down to the platforms up to the hair, nothing is wrong about this.

Glad you are feeling better.

X xx

CalamityJem said...

Wow wow wow!
Helga, you look totally amazing!
I love the stunning hair-do & the pretty pink blush.
Take care my dear!
...xXx

Helga! said...

great,isn't it,what a little(or a lot)of vodka can do!!!
Thanks for the lovely words,ladies!You all rock!

Miss Smilla said...

Couldn't agree with you more on how frocking up makes you feel better. It's one of the best ways for an instant lift - although the medicinal vodka definitely sounds worth a try too!

Vintage Vixen said...

Ill? How can anyone look that freaking fabulous with the lurgy??
Lurving the pink blusher and the Heidi plaits!!! We'll both have to wear our gingham frocks when we go out on the lash, freaking twinishness to the fore.
Vix
xxx

Disco Goth said...

Fabulous! The frock, the shoes, the blusher...

xx