The Long and Sometimes Tedious Process of Recording Begins...

I am anything but the most patient of people.I have very high expectations of myself,and want to be perfect first time,every time.Of course,it never happens that way,so recording can become very repetitive,which drives me crazy.It can,admittedly,also be a fascinating process-G loves it,and sits in with Si(a trained sound engineer,and our bass player)at every oppotunity.I just get drunk when I have to be there!
Ooo,looks ever so professional.

I just need to make sure my vocal chords are fully saturated,I mean lubricated........

Nix is on the right track.Doesn't she look adorable!?Great sweater.

C'mon,that was fantastic!! O,ok,I'll do it again.From the top.......
Oooo,looks even more professional!
I haven't done a great deal of recording,just bits here and there with various bands I've been in,and some guest stuff,that has always been blissfully brief.The worst was Swamp Donkeys,my last band.It just went on and on,and band members weren't communicating,there were agendas,and hissy fits,and I just drank my way through it.We ended up with a cd,but it could have been better,and it was missing a song that the lead guitarist was too frigging precious about to even make a start on.Prima Donna!That should be my bag!
I like it live,baby!




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Sahakiel said...

Oh, my, you're so gorgeous and this blog is just a little treasure for me!! Would you share some of your music ith us? I'm sure it would be fantastic!! <3

Helga! said...

Ooo,thank you for the lovely compliment,Sahakiel!! I certainly will be hooking you up with some music once we finish recording....stay tuned!

Vintage Vixen said...

Those mixing desks are seriously scary bits of kit, mind you nothing would improve my voice!
You and Nix look like super-stylish rock chicks as always!
Vix
xxx

Kel said...

So cool, I'd love to give a recording studio a go! Only if to belt a couple of notes before getting booted out...taking vodka/gin tonic with me.

X x

Alex said...

I'd be utterly baffled by all that technical kit, not surprised you had to have a drink or two to help you along!

Helga! said...

I can't deal with technology at all!!Thank goodness Si know's what he is doing!!
Booze isn't always the answer,but it DOES help!!