Storage Loot

I scored these off Trade Me,and picked them up last night.I think I'm becoming obsessed.
I also got this red 70's frock,which is perfect for winter.Unfortunately you can't see the nice stitching under the bosom.It is a plain and very functional frock and I am rather pleased with it.I just have to decide if I want to take it up.In addition,I got the 70's housecoat on the right.Mildred would be proud.I need something for just throwing on about the house;I don't own pj's,as I said previously,and I don't own a dressing gown either.I either get dressed,or I don't.So this'll be useful.
Turns out the seller had a vintage shop just down the road,called The Parrot in the Peace Lily.It suddenly vanished,and I wondered what had happened.She has closed up shop and is selling it all off on Trade Me,so I'll be keeping an eye on her listings......
I am looking forward to organising things into my 3 new cases.That makes 11 in total now.
Yay!

12 comments:

birdiebabe said...

Ooh,beutiful old bags!

Vintage Vixen said...

What glorious purchases!
I can just see you floating around the house in the housecoat complete with turban, turquoise eyeshadow and some fluffy mules serving G his tea on a tray. Tres, Mildred indeed.
I could get soooo much stuff in those suitcases, great score.
Speak soon!
Vix
xxx

Disco Goth said...

I can see the stitching on the red dress, it looks like a fab shape and it'll look brilliant on you!
I don't really have pjs either, my pjs tend to be yesterday's clothes - saves on washing and storage space!

xxx

Alex said...

The suitcases are fantastic! I hope you spend many a happy hour packing and unpacking them :)

We need some housecoat pics as well!

Kel said...

Great suitcases, the boyfriend totally doesn't understand my need for stacks of old shabby looking cases. Men eh!
Love the housecoat aswell, such pretty colours...

xx

giddynici said...

Those cases are beautiful. I love old cases, the wonder of where they have been! x

Miss Smilla said...

Love the old suitcases, and what a great way to store your vintage purchases!

Hilton said...

Fab dresses, love them....

Helga! said...

Definetly the turquoise eyeshaow and fluffy mules,dahhhling Vix!!!
I filled my cases last night.now I need more!!
I too wonder where they have been.....

a cat of impossible colour said...

Ooh, what's her user name? :)

Jesa said...

Peeeerfect! These all look lovely!

Great blog :)

Cheers, Jesa

Charles Flaum said...

Love the old suitcases! Antique Brass Lamps