A Treat and My Sewing Reality!

The very darling Renay sent me a little handmade treat for being her first follower!!!How lovely is that?! I actually came home to it on Sunday,but didn't post it as I thought the prettiness would be awallowed up in all my weekend blitherings.I'm ever so chuffed,and have already worn the gorgeous necklace twice.
It reminded me that when I started blogging last September,it was at least 2 months before I got a follower,and I was mega excited!I felt like no one had noticed me,and when someone finally did(it was Bug ) I was overjoyed,it was like I had been accepted into the blogging community at last.I might add that Bug was my only follower some some time,and frequently left encouraging comments.I wish I had been as thoughtful as Renay.
Now I have 53 followers,and whilst I would like to think that each and every one of you just hang on my every word........hahaha.....I just think it's lovely to have been noticed by that many people!!!
Thank you,one and all!

Anyhows,I was chucking yet another thing onto my cutting table yesterday when I thought that you might like to see my crazy little sewing reality and how messy it is.........

Chaos!I have my coffee table jammed under there as I had moved it out of the way 3 weeks ago when Jo stayed over and I haven't moved it back yet.There's a couple of coats on the far left that I haven't hung up yet,frocks all over the show that need repairs or alterations,fabric for G,patterns,some trims and zips still in the bag from Fabric Vision,half finished projects and projects I haven't even started.......o dear!!!This table actually opens out another leaf-its bloody brillant.G bought for me years ago,and it has wheels underneath so I can move it around.Great for cutting out.And underneath I have all sorts of crap stored,from equipment to fabric,from patterns to bits of pottery........o dear O DEAR!!!
Not to mention that my coffee table is covered in crap too!!Hahahahaha....................


So there you go.My sewing life!

9 comments:

La Dama said...

cute neckalce..your table is so colorful I want one. ;)

The Long & Winding Bobbin said...

Oh shucks. You are too kind Helgsy. I like messy work spaces sometimes. It looks like organised chaos right? haha. No matter how messy my sewing room is, I still know exactly where everything is! I like the look of that pink and white fabric...

kVk and The Shop Time Forgot said...

Damn, wish I'd thought of doing such a giveaway. I hope you know where everything is in that sewing room, ha ha!

Kel said...

Organised chaos!! :)

That's a lovely necklace, and what a lovely thing for Renay to do. I remember starting out, and getting really excited when I got my first comments etc. Blogging geek!!

X xx

giddynici said...

What a lovely gesture and a very pretty necklace.

I always thing chaos is a sign of creativity. x

Vintage Vixen said...

What a sweet thing for Renay to do, lovely and thoughtful.
Jon keeps threatening to take photos of my chaotic bits of the house, I normally kick them aside and fool people into thinking I live tidily. You're very brave.
Missing you like mad, what's up with t'internet?
Vix
xxx

Alex said...

Oh I'm so pleased you're not the organised type. Chaos is by far the best way!

That's such a lovely thing for Renay to do :)

Disco Goth said...

Wasn't that such a sweet thing? How refreshing to see someone's work space not tidied up, I always feel so inadequate but now I feel more normal (hold the jokes please lol). Mind you all the bags of random bits of dismembered jumpers I have threaten to take over sometimes!

Helga! said...

Um,I have no idea where anything is half the time!