A Wee Bit O' The Rough

Well,I have been getting compliments all morning, except for just now, when a visitor to the site gave me a look of fear!!! Fantastic!!! It's been a while since I had that kind of effect. So, I think it is safe to say that this outfit is a success!

Frock-opshopped(actually a nightie!)
Cardi-opshopped
Stockings-Trade Me(were tights)
Boots-gift from co-worker
Bracelet-Vix darling
Necklace-Renay
Earrings-some Asian shop in town


I'm definetly looking a bit rough in the face this morning, however, after over-excitedly scoffing vino whilst chatting online with my lovely Vix .I just get carried away, and was decidely sozzled when I eventually staggered off to bed!
And, my allergies are acting up a bit, gracing me with a stylish rash around my right eyebrow.
Nice.
Thankfully,I've been able to hide it a bit.

Now, remember this was going to be my next sewing project?! (I decided on the short version)
Well,being the complete feckwit I can so often be, I didn't check how much fabric I had before I started cutting out, did I?! And I don't have enough for the sleeves. So, I am in limbo, considering a plain brown sleeve, or just leaving it sleeveless. I will probably go with sleeveless, I just have to make facings.
Anyway,I have temporarily lost interest and have been busy fixing/hemming and customising some other frocks that have been lying around. And trying to get my act together to start prepping for G's annual birthday outfit. (His birthday is October 2nd). This year he wants leopard pants & waistcoat. Well, the waistcoat is my idea. And he wants them in short pile faux fur. How very adorable!
No problem!

12 comments:

Kitty said...

Oh darling please that is a fabulous outfit and completely suitable for work! And you don't look rough at all, hello! You should see me in the mornings, ha ha!
I'm thinking of issuing some sort of hair challenge very soon-just want to confirm you'd be up for it?? I think you would but I just want to make sure before I go ahead.

Miss Claire said...

What a sunny outfit!

Can't wait to see G in his leopard get-up! What a spunk!

x Claire

Mazzy Boy said...

I love the yellow...looking fabulous dahl!

Vintage Vixen said...

Rough? What? No way. You look gorgeous. Wish I looked that perky after a night on the vino.
That nightie is far too fab to wear to bed and needs to be paraded off and shown off in all it's loveliness.
Can't the new frock have contrasting sleeves, like brown lace of something?
Always good to scare the natives, don't want them getting too friendly.
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roo Paprika said...

You look fantastic and not rough at all, but you do have my sympathies for allergies round the eye-area, they can be nasty.

I can't wait to see G's errr birthday suit (?!) it sounds like a truly wonderful gift to make for someone. Do you make him clothes every year? I wish I could make something for the Aussie but I fear the sheer amount of material I would require to dress my delicious freak would bankrupt me.

Kel said...

It's thats you looking rough then you are doing alright love!!

Can we see the leopard pants and waitscoat once complete?! :)
xx

Alex said...

Can't believe that was a nightie! It's far too pretty to be restricted to the bedroom.

A contrast sleeve for the new dress would be great. Could you go all out and find an orange to match the colour in the print?

LOVE the sound of G's birthday outfit. Pics are a must.

Disco Goth said...

That yellow dress is sooooo pretty - and yellow isn't my favourite colour by a long stretch!
I can't wait to see G's outfit, it sounds quite splendid =) xx

Smashingbird said...

The new dress is gonna be fab, love the sweetheart neckline!

Bonnie said...

Those stockings have me reeling, i LOVE them! you look great and yellow suits you, hard to believe that is a nightie. No one would ever know! Can't wait to see what you've cooked up for G.

~Bonnie

a cat of impossible colour said...

Rough? No way! You look great.

Helga! said...

You are a bunch of loves! I must make a point of mentioning how rough I look more often!
Yep,you will all be privvy to G's birthday "suit" when it is finished!Bought the fabric today!
xxx