Blossoms




We stopped on the way to work this morning for a couple of pics under the blossom trees along the Deans Ave edge of Hagley Park. They put on a fine show this time of year, but it wasn't quite the right light to be able to capture the gorgeous pink for you.
Good thing we stopped on the way to work rather than on the way home, as I have now spilt lemon yoghurt over myself. Typical!
We'll probably start cycling next week, weather permitting, and will be able to enjoy these blossoms every day until the spring wind blows them off. I really enjoy cycling, but in NZ we are required by law to wear helmets, and that plays havoc with my hair. Can't be helped, I guess, and besides, I need the extra exercise. Am trying to get myself in shape for the January cruise!
Wearing:
Frock-opshopped. It's a plain old cotton one I take travelling usually.
Jacket-vintage, opshopped on the weekend
Petticoat-opshopped
Tights-Farmers
Handbag-vintage, opshopped
Boots-gift

X

11 comments:

MyStyle said...

Hi there-love your jacket and handbag!! x

Vintage Vixen said...

What a glorious shade of orange, I'm loving the red tights with it and how AWESOME does your hair look?
Please tell me you've got an outrageous cycling helmet with bunny ears and a big bow and if you haven't make one.
LOve Ya!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alex said...

What a stunning jacket! Bet your eyes lit up with glee when you spotted that.

Ah, I'm so pleased it's spring somewhere in the world. I miss blossom and daffodils.

Calamity Jem said...

Dear Helga,
what a fabulous jacket, the print is magnificent!
I love the colour of your dress too.
Take care,
Jem
...xXx

Bonnie said...

You look spectacular in orange! Going on a cruise, where to I wonder?

~Bonnie xxx

Kitty said...

Oh I love these colours on you, you should wear them more often. And shut UP about the cruise! No, not really, I'm just jealous!

Ivy Black said...

Looking lovely as always...I like Vix's idea for a helmet. Or you could cover one with fake flowers. Nice to see blossom...the leaves are just starting to turn autumny here.
xx

Kandi said...

Ha, when I first saw your title I though it said Busoms and though oh she has done a post all about her fab busom! Sorry my mind is not right today, if you look down you will find it in the gutter :)
Kandi x

Cara said...

I love your jacket too much <3<3

x x x

Disco Goth said...

I'm right with Vix on the helmet! xx

sarah_ontheroad said...

PLEEEEEEASE give us a close up of that fabulous jacket and I just LOVE Ivy Black's idea of covering a helmet with flowers. Ooh - please do a post on your DIY bike helmet craft project!