Diwali Sunday


I had a lovely cuddle with Baby Rose when I got to Justines.
Just look at the little tyke, grabbing my boobies like it's Christmas!!!
Cheeky tart. No goodness in these booboids, sorry!

It was bloody packed when we got to Victoria Square!! I didn't expect such a turn out! The paper said it was the first time we'd had a big public celebration of Diwai in Christchurch! Yay-it looks to have been very popular,and will become an annual event.
There were all sorts of performers, lots of gorgeous looking ladies swanning around in saris, food stalls and yummy smells.....

Mikel decided to come along too-yay, he could photograph us looking hot.
Would you believe Justine is now back to her pre-baby weight?!
She is one SEXY mama!
Lots of star shaped lanterns; I understand these were lit after dark.
(we didn't stay that long)


There was a stall selling saris-droooool


A wee snack before dinner!


Family portrait.
***
A lovely Spring evening was had by all!
Baby Rose behaved very well!
Definetly want to go again next year, but go in a little later and stay until dark.



On the way back to the car we passed by one of the earthquake casualties.
Still getting aftershocks! We had a 4.4 one this morning!!
I think most of us are getting blase about it all now.
***
OMG-I had a weird freaking dream last night where I was in a laundry room at a party getting it on with the sweet plump dude from "Little Britain",and he was huffing and puffing but acting more like a randy terrier; namely my leg was the real recipient of his attentions. And, he had a wife, who was there, and who walked in on us.Not sure what happened then.
Bloody hell!!!!
X











7 comments:

Miss Claire said...

Looks like it was a lovely day! And what a bizarre dream to have, haha!

Penny Dreadful said...

That curry looks delicious, ORGH! And you look lovely in this dress, what a great colour x

Alex said...

I think Rose is demonstrating impeccable taste and grabbing your frock. It's gorgeous!

The pic of the star lanterns is just so beautiful.

Vintage Vixen said...

I wish I could have been there with you. I'd even have been tempted to give the uber cute Rose a cuddle, and you know how baby-phobic I am.
That dress is glorious and the specs beyond divine.
Speak soon.
Love,
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

giddynici said...

Baby Rose is adorable! Glad you had such a good time. Hope you get to see it at night next year, must have been super pretty.x

Kandi said...

Oh wow your dreams are insane!! Last night I dreamt my legs and feet were covered in gloss paint and I had tread it everywhere without realising it and somehow Dudley Moore was involved, I think it was his house I ruined!?!
Love the lanterns, I could fancy them draped about my boring garden ~ lovely!
Kandi x

Bonnie said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all and I the food looks yummy. I've seen Little Britain a few times and I liked when the two guys dressed up as Victorian ladies. Hysterical!