Some weekend bits and sadness......

So, Friday we took our Boris to the V.E.T, as he's been a little odd,and his tummy seems to be swollen and quite firm to touch, plus he hasn't been eating much. He had been very bright eyed, shiny and quite chipper though.
Bad news: he has renal failure. One kidney is stuffed. The vet, Margaret is such a lovely lady. We've been going there for 18 years,first with Esmeralda, out previous cat, and Boris has been going there for the 5 years that we've had him. She gave him a shot that should have sparked him up a bit in 48 hours,but he hasn't improved, so I spent most of last night crying. I'm scared to ring the vet, but will have to soon......she said we might get a couple of years...or not. I'm guessing we won't.
I'm ridiculously in love with my Boris.
***

So.
We had a gig Friday night, which went really well.
We roped our mate Jeff in to take a couple of posy band pix:


I'm wearing a vintage frock I bought off Trade Me.
Remind me not to stand next to tiny Nix in future!!
I'm not that big, but I look huge next to her!
I spent some time trying to get pix of a guy who was doing great mungo dancing, but I just couldn't capture he spectacular moves.
Shame.
***
Saturday we drove up to Kaikoura to spend the night with our friends Dave & Jana.
It was very relaxing and they are great company.
We drank a lot of red wine, admired their 5 month old baby daughter and I played silly buggers with a headlight.......

Below is the view from their loungeroom window the next morning.
Winter has popped back for a visit, dammit.

Today is bloody freezing.
I tucked Boris up in bed, and I expect he is sleeping.
I am going to miss him so much. I hope we get a bit more time with him, but I don't want him to suffer in any way.
It's in the hands of the vet now.
X





11 comments:

Miss Claire said...

Oh Helga, I'm so sorry to hear about Boris. The poor little thing :( Your heart must be aching right now...How lucky he is to have such a loving mummy.

xx Claire

Vintage Vixen said...

Oh darling Boris. It's such a horrible decision to make. We've lost three of our babies over the past few years and it's heartbreaking.
He couldn't have been more loved. Lots of love to the three of you.
I'll be there around 8am my time/8pm yourse if you need company.
Love you,
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roo Paprika said...

Oh Boris. It is so heartbreaking when one of your beautiful pets are ill. Thinking of you x

Bonnie said...

Helga, I am so sorry to hear of your darling Boris. It is so upsetting anytime your beloved pet is not well. I am such a sucker for animals. Sending good vibrations to Boris across the Pacific.

~Bonnie

Alex said...

Oh no :( What terrible news - poor you and poor, poor Boris. Fingers very tightly crossed that the vet is able to give a more hopeful prognosis - the fact that he's still looking good and is full of energy must surely be a good sign? Give him a cuddle from me.

KibitzKnitz said...

Oh Helga (and G)! I'm SO Sorry about Boris. It's awful to let them go and you do miss them terribly, but it's the last good decision you can make for them to not suffer. I know you'll give him lots of Love while you have him with you.

(((HUG)))

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Poor Boris - my Angus suffered the same fate - I really hope there is something the vet can do for your sweet furry friend:). xoxo

Calamity Jem said...

Dearest Helga,
It's heartbreaking to hear that Baron Boris von Tiddlehoffen is poorly; he seems such a sprightly wee ball of fluff & cuddles. I so hope you don't have to make that horrible decision & I pray that his other kidney is strong enough to keep him going.
Lots of love & healing vibes,
Jem
…xXx

Penny Dreadful said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry. Poor Boris x

Louise said...

Oh Vix, that's really sad. I hate to think of pets being ill and all that. I hope he bucks up soon. Thinking of you my lovely. x

Kandi said...

Oh poor old Boris, it's awful sad news. Bless you all.
kKandi x