Taggaroonied!

Finally, I am getting around to the tag from my darling Vix !


Only 1 week later!!

What's your favourite fashion accessory?

Everything!!! I espouse the "more is more" ethic!

Flowers!
I adore jewellry, and am never without rings & a necklace, and re-discovered earrings again just this year! I'm quite into scarves, too, and quite fancy belts lately.
I have fads for things, actually.


Who's your fashion role model?


Mrs Slocombe and Margot from the Good Life, generally.


But anyone who looks different and fabulous inspires me!


It's probably attitude(Frida Kahlo, drag queens), more than anything, that gets me going!


Other bloggers have been extremely inspirational in recent times!
Reality Tuttle from "Fabulous Nobodies", a rather splendid novel.
***EDIT!!!!
Thanks,Ms Sox Up!!! ,I inexcuseably forgot to mention Mildred Roper!!!
And I do adore Chrissie from Man About the House,too. (Hard to find pix of her!)



What do you always carry with you?


Purse, lipstick or lipbalm, keys, cellphone, notebook, something for snot.
Class!!!
(snort!)



How would you describe your style?


Ha! Um, mostly girly, a bit manic at times. Colourful.

Capricious. Noticeable!

A bit drag queenish at times.

Old fashioned with a twist?

Dunno. You tell me!






What's your favourite? Jeans, sunglassess or heels?


I never wear pants of any kind.


Sunglasses and heels!




What inspired you to blog about fashion?


I felt I had something to offer that might be a bit different, but more about clothes than fashion.


I get a lot of positive comments, so thought I was glorious enough to put myself out there!


I take notice of what's in fashion, but only to score the best bits in the opshops when it's out again!


Mind you, my blog is quite bitsy-mostly clothes, but other blithery crap as well.


I'm so stoked to find like minded souls out there!



What is your favourite fashion store?


Opshops!


What is your favourite fabric in clothing?


Crimplene!
Anything I don't have to iron!!




Who are your favourite designers?


Biba, Ossie Clark, Mary Quant would be a few early designers I like.


Earlier than that I like Worth, Poiret, Schiaparelli....countless!


More recently, Vivienne Westwood,Dolce & Gabbana, John Galliano, Romance was Born,Prada, Betsye Johnson(esp her early stuff).
I love what Bob Mackie did for Cher!


I can't think of all of them.I mostly like those with a historical bent, I suppose. I like it all in small doses, and not every collection either! Vivienne Westwood is a bit shit these days, actually! But I think she is fascinating!

I'm often more interested in the people, same with writers, artists! I prefer them to their work in many cases!



Who, or what, inspires your style?


Life, the universe and everything!!


Mexican & Asian colours, fabulously outrageous people wearing fabulous things!


Movies, TV shows, saloon girls, fictional heroines, historical & folk costume, food, nature.........
It changes & flucuates all the time.




Would you choose to buy something high quality, or make it yourself if you could?


Make it.

Even if I had the dosh, I don't think I could justify spending huge sums.
I tag:
and....dammit,everyone!!!
I'm nosy, so if you want to take these questions and answer them, do!!!
(Sorry about the lack of pix, it would have been a ginormous post if I put pix of myself and my inspirationals in.......xxx)


6 comments:

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh Helga I love your spunky attitude. Why don't people think of Mrs Slocombe and Margot as role models? Why, why why? I love Mildred Roper and Chrissie from Man About the House - Chrissie knew how to rock flares! I love to learn something new about blogger I adore - and I've learned you hate trousers. Thanks for sharing lovely! xo

Roo said...

Hooray for more is more! And you never wear trousers?! I'm not sure I could cope!

Vintage Vixen said...

Bloody blogger, I've been trying to comment all day!
Drag queens, Man About The House, Margo, Mildred. Mts Slocombe - you're a woman after me own heart, darling.
I'm going to get you in tousers before the years' out, though.
Lots of love,
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bonnie said...

I love the more is more philosophy and I think Mrs. Slocombe is a wonderful role model!

Kelly said...

Haha, laughed all the way through this. You are a funny sort. :)
xx

Alex said...

Love, love, love your answers. You should write about yourself more - I'll read it all.