Currently inspired by:

Janeane Garofalo's character in that 90's movie "Reality Bites".


I have no idea why, but she suddenly popped into my head this morning, and I was like "YESSSSSS! That's exactly the look I'm going for right now!"


I couldn't find much in the way of visuals, and had to cobble this collage together out of very little. I freakin' love that blue frock-the collar! The cuffs! The spots!
I definetly (sp?!) have a collar love thing at the moment. Just can't get enough. I've won a green frock with small white spots off Trade Me, and it has a white collar. Yowza!


Am I having a puritannical flashback sort of experience?!


I've never gone for collars before, associating them with prissiness and rampant sanctimony.


But suddenly, fairly recently, I started fair panting to have collars on everything!


Anyway, I wasn't that fussed on the movie, not that I really remember it. I only saw it once. I can't bear Winona's mealy mouthed-ness, nor that dreadful Ethan Hawke. Hawke? More like sqwawk. Ugh. Actually, the only time I've liked Winona is when she got done for shoplifting. She finally seemed interesting.


I also love that teensy fronge (I know that should be fringe, but fronge just looks so good) Janeane has going on. Super cute.


I really liked her in "The Truth About Cats & Dogs".


I quite like that she is all tough and lezzy looking nowdays, with lots of tattoos.


Maybe Winona needs some tattoos. And to smoke lots of ciggys to give that meepy voice some character. And to turn lezzy and ride a Harley. Maybe she should take up cage fighting. Maybe she needs me to be her stylist cum PR lady.


I'd be great for her.


X


9 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

I don't remember that film at all, I'm sure I saw it but how could I have forgotten those yellow tights and green platforms? Wow!
Meepy? Love it! That Ryder woman was rather wet in that drippy Keira Knightley fashion. Give me a feisty chick like Michelle Rodriguez in Girlfight or Linda Fiorentino in The Last Seduction any day of the week (as long as they were wearing crimplene and platforms, obviously).
Wonder what this collar fetish is all about? Nuns, librarians, puritans? They don't sound like you, mi'lady.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

La Dama said...

I love Janeane Garofalo! My cousins say I have her personality and Roseane Barr's too,always talking shit,hahayy
you nailed the outfits right Helgita.

Penny Dreadful said...

I loved that film, but never really liked poor Winnie in anything else. Whereas Janeane is awesome in everything - and how can you not love yellow tights!

Mrs Munster said...

:) Winona hasn't done nothing much good for ages but cannot beat her in classic Heathers (or Eddie Scissorhands). Janeane Garofalo on the other hand rocks!

Misfits Vintage said...

AGREED! Poor Winona - "meepy" is the best descriptor I have ever heard of her! It also perfectly describes Beaker from the Muppets, yes?

I am currently working on a Misfit Through History on Janeane - I have quite the lady cruch on her!

And Ethan Hawke - *shudder* - what did Uma ever see in him??

I'm with you on the collar thing - I think they remind me of school uniforms. I cannot abide a 'shirt' with a collar but I do love a vintage blouse with a pussybow or a frock with a peter pan collar. DEFINITELY!! (<--sp!)

OK - I've been sitting in bed painting my nails black and reading blogs for the last hour and now I am going to be late for work... WHAT TO WEAR??

XXX

Alex said...

Oh she's totally meepy. Can't bear drippy actresses - give me someone a bit feisty and interesting any day!

Your collar lust is equalled by my pocket lust at the moment. I put a skirt back the other day, just because it had no pockets.

Calamity Jem said...

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank You
Thank you....for my lovely pressies!
You are a precious doll, so you are :)
Lot's of love,
Jem
...xXx

giddynici said...

The green and yellow outfit is sensational! x

sacramento said...

As you could guessed I love the flowery pattern one. I must see that film if it inspire you so much.
Un abrazo my friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX