Cycling Safety at Night

I'm ready!
Flower-Sydney market
Frock-formerly a maxi, opshopped and altered by moi
Cleavage Armour Necklace-my freaky twin Vix
Handbag-vintage, school fair
Whake nets-Trade Me
Shoes-Trade Me




Saturday night's allright for drinking and cycling!

The final of a lame band competition was on at the Dux, and Lupus Lunar, a fave local band, were in it. So we went along to cheer them on!

Copious amounts of vodka and broccoli, along with cycle helmets, make for supreme
nighttime cycling safety. Especially when G plays Camp Mother and leads us into town in an authoritive manner!

I can't stop the music, nobody can stop the music!








We found Amber there!




Si ended up crashed on our couch after he and G stayed up watching "Up In Smoke". He isn't too good today. Maybe that last whiskey wasn't such a good idea?!

Nix went home, as she had kids to deal with this morning. I dread to think how she is feeling!

G is perky as and bouncing around in the garden.

I'm surprisingly perky myself and on a mission to today my sewing/dressing room so that I can actually move in there.

I love Sundays.........

X

PS-Sarah love, that morsel of pink delight was indeed a pink pinny! It's ever so pretty and delicate!! Handy to know that you are an apron fiend! x





14 comments:

La Dama said...

ooooh purple and pink vestido..goes well with pink hair flower and necklace and your wearing more eyeshadowlove your eyes the wonders I would do to your ojos azules(blue eyes)..your truly spoiled by your twin.oh that bag..I was trying to win a brown bag on Ebay..got outbided..darn.your friends look great fun..there goes that sexy blue nurse again and helmet..love ya.

Kitty said...

I didn't really like that pink necklace when I first saw but I can't beelieve what you've done with it, it looks SENSATIONAL!!! I too am having a 'sunday clearance'; in my case, this means pricing/cleaning/hanging/putting away the small ton of stock that I've bought in the past week...so I can make way for the BIG ton of stock that's arriving next week! Cheers darling, and have a big drink while you're at it, I'll be into the champagne very shortly!

ana b. said...

Oh hahaha! Up in Smoke? The Snoop Dogg video? My boyfriend has a copy of that too. The CAPE! It's amazing.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Helga, lovely to meet you via Vix and Jem. I love your style and I'm delighted to have discovered your blog.

I see we have a mutual appreciation for Frida Kahlo (amongst many other things). I keep wanting to do a post on her but I never think I'll do it justice. I watched the Salma Hayek film yet again the other day and I really love it.

Good luck with your work room. Have a wonderful day xx

Misfits Vintage said...

I LOVE your helmet flower mohawk! Actually, I don't know where to start - the frock, necklace, handbag, cape, eyelashes! - it's all frickin faaaabulous!

I had a big clean/tidy/organise Sunday today too. I strung up a clothes line in my bedroom and pegged all my scarves in a rainbow against my wall - sounds a bit bizarre but it looks great!

Sarah xxx

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Great outfit my dear! These whalenets are really rocking legwear. Vix's necklace looks the business with that dress!
xxx Comtesse xxx

Miss Claire said...

I love your matchy-matchy-ness!!!!!! Awesome colours in that outfit :)

xoxo

sacramento said...

Nice to see you all having such a lot of fun. Love, love your purple shoes. They are deliciously 80s.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Penny Dreadful said...

Fabulous blue cape - love all the pics, they've made me smile. Your bike helmet is, as always, incredible. x

devilishlypleasurable said...

What a stunning cyclist ;)

You look insanely awesome and I love the energy in these pictures!

Vintage Vixen said...

You fabulous twin! That outfit is awesome, especially the frock. Love the armoured pendant on you so much.
My weekend plans were ruined by me overdoing it last night..tut tut. When will I ever learn?
Love you,
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helga! said...

Feck you're an awesome bunch of ladies! XXX

The Urban Fashion Gal said...

Love the tights, cute blog!

Calamity Jem said...

Dear Helga,
"Copious amounts of vodka and broccoli"
...you lot are totally bonkers & I love it!
You have a great bunch of friends there, I'd love to join you's on a night out...might even have to consider falling off the wagon ;)
Luv & hugs,
Jem
...xXx