I'd like a paddle pool full of mayonnaise!


Here's that sweet handbag again!!
Frock-from Shabby Chic market;I've added some trim that I opshopped a while back.Heaps of it on a card-oooo,what else can I trim with it!!?!
Sleeveless cardi-church fair
Socks-opshopped
Boots-Trade Me
The handbag is really too delicate for me to drag to work on my bicycle handlebar!! I've ruined many bags & frocks on my bike over the years, hence I don't wear maxi's anymore when cycling! Many a time I've been stuck by the side of the road with a frock-or scarf-tangled in either my wheel or chain. Most vexing. And I've scraped handbags, broken handles......le sigh! It's hard to look glamourous on a bike, but I give it my best, possums, I really do.
Thought I'd show you some more jewellery today, and then a couple of dip recipes for the lovely Kitty . *I must figure out how to make my links more obvious.
This little beauty I bought on my first trip to London in 1989. Can't remember where though!



The top necklace is from Campeche, Mexico.
The middle one is from an antique shop in Dunedin, also 1989.
The bottom one-the heart is from Oaxaca, and I added the beading. I think it was meant to be a wall plaque, but I like it better around my neck!



I found the 70's pendant in an opshop and added the rest.



From Turkey, can't remember the name of the town; we were going to Gallipoli.

Beading by me, pentagram locket from a witchy shop a former friend used to have.
Inside the locket are little shells & stones from a fabulous trip to Mapua a few years ago.
*****
Ok, here's a couple of my favourite party recipes!
Salmon Spread (or Log, as I like to call it. I like a nice log.)
Place: 250g soft cream cheese in a medium bowl, add 2 x 220g cans of red salmon, well drained & flaked.
Add: 2 tablespoons lemon juice & grated rind, a little finely chopped onion, 2 tablespoons horseradish cream, and salt & pepper. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Using plastic wrap, shape the mixture into 2 logs. Place the 2 logs into the freezer for 20 mins or until firm. Remove logs from wrap and roll in a combination of finely chopped parsley and chives.
Place on a platter with a knife and crackers or whatever you wish to eat with it and away you go!

***
Artichoke & Cashew Dip
You need:
2 tablespoons cashew nuts (unsalted)
1/2 cup basil leaves
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (note:you can omit or substitue with soy cheese for vegans or lactose intolerants)
300g bottled or canned artichokes, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 drops Tabasco sauce
Crackers or french sticks to serve.
Method:
Blend cashew nuts, basil leaves & parmesan in a processor into a paste. Add artichokes and blend until smooth, then continue to blend whilst gradually adding the oil.
Season with the salt & pepper & tabasco and refrigerate until required.
(I actually throw it all in the processor and am done with it. But then, I always do things my way!)

Ta da!
I'll share another couple next time!
Yum! I could live on dips, I just love crunchy & smooth.....mmmmmm.....and I prefer to graze, so it's a great way for me to eat!
X


9 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

Yummy, yummy, yum! Liking the sound of the artichoke and cashew dip , you domestic goddess.
Brian's bag is just fabulous as are you in that hot floral number.
What marvellous pieces of jewellery especially that silver Turkish number. Loving the DiY'ed ones, too.
It's impossible for you NOT to look glamorous.
Loads and loads of love,
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alex said...

Oh I think I know the answer to the link question. I don't know exactly where it is (cos obviously that would require me having a memory) but if you mooch about in the templates/settings section of the blog layout, there's a font and colours part and you can set a different colour for links. Looks as if yours is black at the mo so it's not showing up as different to the other text.

Loving today's frock and all that splendiferous jewellery!

Missy Vintage said...

Loving that jewellery - especially the necklace from Turkey, that is ultra gorgeous x

La Dama said...

you mean full of chocolate..your dips sound great..I love artichoke with cheese..you know I love that virgin mary necklace...love your flowery dresses.

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh, I love the frock and the handbag and the virgin mary pendant and the artichoke dip sounds gooooood!

And the delicate little handbag is so gorgeous! I rarely use any of the little old delicates from my collection because a) they don't hold everything and b) I'm terrified of breaking them! In the olden days they only needed to carry a compact, lippy and a tissue I guess.

You are gorgeous as always Helga!

xxx

ana b. said...

O! So many things to think about from this post. I saw some incredibly glamorous ladies in Vietnam riding their motorbikes and scooters. It made me think a scooter might be for me. Not a motorbike as I'm too much of a wuss and don't even have my learners!

Sarsaparilla said...

Fashion Queen...and Little Miss Homemaker too? I'm so impressed.

Thanks for the yummy sounding recipes!

sacramento said...

You are soooooooooooooooo funny.I heart your purse, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (sigh)

Kitty said...

Oh thank so much for the recipes darl!! Kiss kiss!