A Little Preparation



I simply have to gloat about just how freakin' fantastic our weather has been this last week!


Yowza!!


Sunday was no exception. G spent much of it pottering around the garden, I spent much of it pottering around in my sewing/dressing room, which is looking a whole lot better, but still has a way to go.


Justine, Mikel & Baby Rose came around for a while, and we sat on the back deck and sweltered a little in the heat, whilst having a couple of drinks and scoffing hummus with crackers and carrot sticks.




We did a teeny bit of preparation for our trip we have planned for December.


We love to plan our food, and have made an expensive list of things to take for our scoffing pleasure. One of which is marinated feta cheese.




Ridiculously easy.


I cut up 2 blocks of goat feta into chunks, popped them into a jar, then added some partly cracked fresh peppercorns and chopped dried chillies, then poured in (extra virgin, my fave kind!) olive oil until covered.


Now it just sits and festers in the fridge until we go away. (23rd-29th dec)




I'm wearing:


Frock-retro, gift from the splendiferous Jem


Handmade felt flower in hair, necklace and vintage apron-gifts from my beloved Vix .

I'm such a spolit brat!

X








14 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

That's because you're worth it, dahling!
Check out that pinny, it's rather a delicate little thing isn't it. Bet you feel like the perfect little 50's housewife swanning around the kitchen.
I love marinated feta, yum yum. I'd sneak down in the night and keep eating that if it was in my fridge.
Love you.
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Syrious said...

wow that's cute and i'm hungry now!!
please don't forget to join my FIRST GIVE-AWAY here:
http://www.syriouslyinfashion.com/2010/11/first-give-away-with-shopalike.html
say it also to your friends and also join my fashion blog too!
xoxo

www.syriouslyinfashion.com

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh Lady Helga - you are perfection in that entire outfit. I LOVE the pattern on that frock and that pinnie /apron is divine!

Also I love that matching hot pink wall and tea towel.

Sarah xxx

Penny Dreadful said...

Om nom nom. I am obsessed with food planning too, don't know what we are eating for Christmas yet though. Maybe marinated feta!

La Dama said...

you ama de casa..I adore your pinky pinny..that feta cheese sound bien bueno..thanks for recipe..your leaveing too in December like Vixcit and I.."Witches of Eastwick."oh my and whata big ass.. Mexican molcajete you own.
enjoy your sunny dias amor!

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Loving that dress on you! You are rocking that necklace's world! Marinated feta is the biz xxx Comtesse xxx

Hope Adela said...

i love the cute little hostess apron and lolita-chic sunglasses! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Helga, I love all the colour in your clothes and in your house.

I went to Sri Lanka a couple of years ago for my 40th and we stayed in the middle of the jungle where you only had vegetarian food (mostly brown sludgy stuff cooked on a fire) or hot salad as there was no electricity. It got so boring after a few days the one thing I craved was feta. I should have taken a few jars! It would have made the hot salad and lack of salt bearable. Hope you've had a fab weekend xx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

PS. Love the pink necklace xx

Straight Talking Mama! said...

oooh we are mammoth food planners if this house too, mmm I wonder if this is part of my problem ;o)

Love your apron!

sacramento said...

Fab recipe, and fab you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Crystal Lee said...

I love the hot pink & turquoise color combo in your kitchen! Your pink shift dress is pretty darlin' too!

Calamity Jem said...

Dear Helga,
I used to love Greek salad with feta but now I make do with the olives.
You asked me a while back for how long I've been vegan, it's been about a year and a half this time around.
I've been vegetarian on & off since my mid teens but I decided to go vegan when I turned thirty.
However I fell off the "vegan wagon" after two years cause I went home for Christmas & craved my mums meatballs & gravad lax, so I started eating everything again for a year but then I watched PETA’s "Meet your Meat" & decided that I just couldn't face it anymore.
I don’t think I’ll ever fall off the "vegan wagon" again as far as eating meat is concerned but I do very occasionally consume dairy products.
Some people think I’m a total hypocrite cause I wear leather etc but I’m not proclaiming to be unflawed, I still have a fair bit to go on this journey but at least I’m trying.
I love that dress on you, I knew you would look FABULOUS wearing it!
Luv,
Jem
…xXx

giddynici said...

That sounds yummy! Must try it. x