Of course,I nearly choked

So, when I got home from work yesterday, I found upon my doorstep not 1 but 2 (count 'em!) parcels from the darling Brian !!
EEEEEEEK!!!
Full of fabulous goodies (see above) for G and I to play with!!
Thank you, sweetheart!! I'm overwhelmed by your generosity and freakin' stoked with these delights!
I promptly threw on one of the frocks and chucked my purse etc in the handbag, because G and I had arranged a........date night!
After nearly 19 years, it's important to do this once in a while. Well, we find it beneficial, anyhows.
So, we went to the movies for the first time in ages, to see Red.
It was fecking awesome! Great fun., great cast.


Helen Mirren is totally a 60+ bodacious babe.

Anyways, on the way home we had a frolic by a stunning elm tree just up the road from our house. I'm quite fond of elms. They remind me a bit of willows, which are my favourite tree. It must be the long, dangly branches or something.

The frock and handbag were in my goodie parcel, the cardi is vintage and I've had it for frickin' ever. The shoes were opshopped, and I made the purple bow out of a bit I cut off a dreadful cardi.




It's a tree.



No, it's G!



Now, a couple of you darlings asked about a shoe post. I have done a few a while back, but as I adore my shoes, I'll gladly do another!! Any excuse to prance about in my fave footwear and be admired is sweet in my book!!!
Yeah!
Shoes make me positively frisky!!
And, Alex , my sweet, you wanted to know more about my "label"?
Well, I finished 2 years of Polytech (sorry, I have no idea what the equivalent would be in the UK.) studying fashion & design technology, or whatever they called it, and I had been making fingerless gloves for my friends shop (Wyrd) on & off. I thought I could sell a few of the frocks I had made during my Polytech course, and work from home making other items to sell.
But, it turns out I am the queen of procrastination, and just couldn't apply myself, therefore not making much money, not to mention how hard it is to cost your own work.......and so I gave it up and got a part-time job. I'm just not cut out to run my own business, and luckily I was just trialling the idea; I hadn't set myself up properly.
Anyways, then we bought our house, and I got a full time job as a machinist and blah-di-blah-di-blah! Our lovely Nikki has been setting up her business, and will finding out all about such things! I expect she will be much more successful than I.
Ta-da!
X




16 comments:

Penny Dreadful said...

Love that bag, soooo cute. The gloves look pretty awesome too x

RETRO REVA said...

You lovley vixen, you!
Can't wait to see Miss Helen in an action movie!
Awesome, as is your outfit :)
And that bag!!!!!!!!
Yummmy!
xXx
Reva

Alex said...

Top frock!!

Love G zooming around the tree :D

Thanks for the extra info about the label. Haven't you led a jolly interesting life? I'm not really of the creative mindset myself but I can imagine that having to make things to order and cost them etc, must take a large part of the joy out of making them.

Missy Vintage said...

I have been reading your blog as a recent follower. You have made me smile so much! I just had to say what a fab blog! x

giddynici said...

Aww what awesome and generous gifting. How lovely. The bag is super sweet. x

Kitty said...

Oh its always such fun to get presents in the mail, isn't it? Darling would you please share some of your dip recipes with us? I've been meaning to ask you since G's party, they looked so good.xx.

La Dama said...

I love presents..cute bag and gloves..you always having lots of fun, you two are like children in playgrounds..

Miss Claire said...

You lucky thing!! I adore your big bows :) xx

Misfits Vintage said...

OMG what a fantastic surprise to come home to! Those tan gloves are to die for and that bag is the cutest frickin thing I have ever seen in my life... and I would love to see whatever the pink number is in the top left pic.

AND - good on you guys for making the effort to have date night - I suspect that that mindset is part of the reason you are both still so crazy in love with each other!

Bless! xxx

Vintage Vixen said...

Hurrah to Brian for her generousity! Both your and G's bag are top and I'm loving the tree-hugging, too.
Loads of love,
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mrs Munster said...

I have never come up with equivelant word for "polytechnic" in UK. I studied nursing back home in polytechnic and in UK it's studied in "university" (pardon me for offending anywone putting " to word university but c'mon...
Loving your date outfit(s)!

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Fab little bag and lurving the bow Helga! On another note, I wonder would you appreciate the very Irish word 'feckology'? We use it over here - means anything you find a bit rubbish or ridic. You've totally brought feck back into my vocab!
xx Comtesse xx

Brians an unusual name for a girl said...

And wowza to you! So deserved, after all that earthquake business, the dress looks GREAT. Stop tormenting that tree haha. Hope thse gloves fit- they're kinda teeny tiny but the fur on the inside divine. Looking forward to seeing G in the shirts xx

Smashingbird said...

You lucky thing, how exciting to get all those fab bits!

Ivy Black said...

Looking yummy, love! Gotta say, if you left that bag on the back of your chair in some swanky establishment...I'd be tempted to nick it! xxx

Hope Adela said...

i just love the white floral print bag! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/