How jolly SUPER!

So yesterday we came home to a parcel from the inspirational Jem , plus a parcel containing a pair of lights we'd won off Trade Me!
Excitement and shrieks-mine girly, G's just a bit girly-ensued!
Another fabulous frock!!!
Dame Edna's Bedside Companion!!!
Mary Quant stockings!!!
Freakin' EEEEEEEK!!!
And I'm wild about the card, 70's-tastic!!!
Thank you, Jem!!!

If I could think of a lucky song, I'd be singing it!

And bottom left here is the twin light we won off Trade Me!
G is stoked. He is a lighting freak!
That wonderful yellow cigar lamp is his pride and joy (other than me!) and was his Nana's.
I'm wearing:
Frock-sassy Sarah
Cardi-opshopped
Socks-opshopped
Boots-opshopped
Green beads-gift from Justine years ago
Earrings- a drugstore in Palm Springs
***
Tomorrow night we are going to a midnight stage show....Rocky Horror!!!
And, with Richard O'Brien as the Narrator!!!
We are going with our lovely friends Liz and Eli, and we are all jolly excited, and of course, we're going to be dressing up!
I'm gonna need a big nana nap in the afternoon!
In other matters, we watched The Filth and the Fury last night; hadn't seen it in years. Perked me up no end. With all the crazy end of year hysteria going on, a bit of anarchy is just what is needed!
And in yet other matters, with all the cycling we've been doing since having no car, I have an arse you could bounce a coin off!!!
Now that's cause to celebrate!
X

16 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

you look adorable & that dress from Jem is a gem. Is it pronounced the same? I'm going to go pick up your package from the post office on Saturday. I can't wait!

sacramento said...

Lovely and cheerful as ever.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Ha ha, love your posts as ever. That cigar light is AMAZING. Loving your new dress from Jem.
xx Comtesse xx

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh you look gorgeous in that frock and I LOVE that floral treasure from Jem! I love all the lights too - tell G I have a red anonidised table lamp that has 'TV' cut out all around the rim of the shade.

Wish I could join you for Rocky Horror - how FABULOUS!!

Sarah xxx

Miss Peelpants said...

What a brilliant haul, and that lamp is incredible!!!

Louise said...

Rocky Horror is one of my absolute all time favourites... with Richard O'Brien though, that is going to be astoundingly good. Are you going in fancy dress?

What's in Dame Ednas bedside companion?

xx

Camelia Crinoline said...

I'm so jealous you're going to the Rocky Horror. Mary Quant stockings- how fabulous.

Penny Dreadful said...

Hurrah for Dame Edna! Love Rocky Horror, hope you have an incredible time x

Calamity Jem said...

Dear Helga,
You are more than welcome my lovely!
I was having a root around in the loft the other day & found another 'Helga dress'...I'll send it once I've finished the vintage tie hair thingy for you.
I love your outfit today, the dress is lovely & as for the cigar lamp...AWESOME!
Lot's of love,
Jem
...xXx

Alex said...

Dame Edna! Oh how glorious. Jem finds the most amazing things.

Cannot wait to see the Rocky Horror pictures!

ps - I'm so far behind with comments, argh!!

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Helga, I love the green and orange on you, gorgeous!

The print on the dress from Jem is fab. I needed cheering up a bit. London has been so dreary all day, there's barely any light at the moment.

I find the Sex Pistols always perk me up too. I really liked Juien Temple's last film about Dr Feelgood called Oil City Confidential, you should check it out xx

La Dama said...

you sly fox another parcel..Christmas came early for you mi dear..love that house dress..i have a similar one but in blue and red.that lamp is awesome..I can picture you wearing that vestido with red or purple boots.. lovely Jem sent you. with have you tried dame edna lippies?

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh what a wonderful gift for a gorgeous woman! Oh I'm a total sucker for lamps too - can't help myself, must reign it in;) xo

Perdita said...

Love that cigar light! I want one for my living room (can't buy new stuff as moving soon... grrr...I don't do 'looking forward to nice new flat' well, I want nice new flat NOW).

giddynici said...

Great goodies and fabulous frock. How lovely of Jem. What a treat.

And a midnight showing of Rocky Horror, with Richard O'Brien narrating..... JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!

X

Vintage Vixen said...

You fabulous creature! Love your parcel from Jem, she's done you proud. xxx