Imagine I am speaking in an OUTRAGEOUS French accent...

'Allo, my little dumplings of delight!
You are treated to a second post today because it is wafer thin and I am feeling very generous!
This is what I wore to work this very morning, and I feel ever so feminine and smothered in creamy deliciousness......

Discretely involved is:
Frock-vintage, someones homemade, opshopped
Cardi-vintage, church fair
Boots-Trade Me
Socks-Farmers
Most Incredible Hair Ornament-the very talented Jem
Handbag-"So obviously Rex!" NZ vintage brand, Retropolitan garage sale
Necklace-Turkey, bought for me by my darling G in Goreme.
* I freakin' love that hair ornament, Jem, would it be terribly rude to imply politely that I would love another??!!!

We have purchased this little pretty off Trade Me, and we are rather pleased with ourselves, as it was a pretty good price. We would like to have a collection of these beauties, but so far have been hampered by price and/or quality.

Whilst I was picking it up, I spied this pretty modern "retro" lamp,and scored it for a tenner.
Not sure where we will put it, but I couldn't pass it up. I don't mind that it is new, as we will most likely end up using it outside for parties etc, I suspect.

Ooo, I wish to expose to you the interior of my handbag, which is somewhat less impressive than the exterior!! I know not what went on in here!
So, my lucious little eclairs doused in chocolate orange sauce and oozing with cream beaten by virgin nuns wearing pantalets of the finest broderie anglaise, I must away to prepare for the evening ahead, and to enjoy more vino, which in no way has anything to do with my speaking in an outrageous French accent.....
"I want to make love to you all!"
Until tomorrow.....
X


20 comments:

Kitty said...

Cheri, tu a faites des bonnes achetes!!

Calamity Jem said...

Dear Helga,
I'll get onto Father Kitschmas....I have to check out if you've been naughty or nice this year first ;)
Any preferences in couleurs...bleu, jaune, vert?
I'm chuffed to bits that you like it & I think it looks spectacular on you!
Lot's of love,
Jem
...xXx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Helga, you look wonderful with Jem's hairpiece and I love the colour and print of that dress.

I read the post in a French accent. Wafer thin always makes me laugh in French. The eclairs and vino sound perfect xx

Miss Claire said...

Ahh Helga, you make me giggle!!! I can tell you have perhaps already guzzled some vino?? Jems hair piece is gorgeous on you!! What a talented lass!

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Great hair decoration and, indeed, outfit! Thanks for the picture of the handbag lining, some of my vintage buys have had me wondering 'what was going on in there?'xxx Comtesse xxx

Vintage Vixen said...

Bonjour! I used to have a French flatmate but I can only remember rude things.
Such a fabulous outfit and stupendous boobage!
I love your new acquistions.
Au Revior
Je t'aime,
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

giddynici said...

That hair piece is so purdy. Jem is very talented. Gorgeous dress! x

Alex said...

Ooh la la ma cherie!! Vous regardez très très superbe aujourd'hui.

My French colleague's contract has just ended :( Work is not the same without her saying "weekly bonking" when doing the accounts.

Misfits Vintage said...

Le fuque a duque - you look tres chic as ever! LOVE the pretty colours and pattern on your frock - also LOVE that fabbo hairpiece - and j'adore your lady decoration! Hope you are having a wonderful evening. xxx

sacramento said...

Love your french accent. Will you try a Spanish one next???? hehehehehe.
I love, love, love the pattern in your dress: pink and bluesh green sends me mad. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh( sigh)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Penny Dreadful said...

Waffer theen!

Looks like the inside of your bag has been slimed. it is still awesome though x

Perdita said...

Allo Allo!

Love the wall-bust and the lamp, great finds! :)

Hope Adela said...

wow i just adore the colors of your dress! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

heidisadventures said...

Dear Nettie!
Thanks for your wonderful blog! Every time I have a look at it, I get a portion of happiness and colour from you, which is great, particularly at this cold and dark time of the year for us.
Heidi
xxx

Molly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

Your hair is perfect and your style is super duper fabulous! Adore your blog.

devilishlypleasurable said...

Oh my Helga! I was smiling reading this entire piece. You look gorgeous as usual, and . . those are hell of great finds!

Louise said...

Bonjour, what a tres magnifique handbag. I love it! xx

La Dama said...

Helgita,
you look simply marvelous..stealing that bag too..and hair piece..love spoty hair things..cute pretty African face lady.great lamp. mamas...where you hiding avocados in your purse?

Mazzy Boy said...

I love the whole ensemble! The little hair accessory just seriously ties everything together, I love the polka dots and your expression is lovely...you're of a gilded and sadly missed era, my dear!