Pudding in the Pool!

We decided to go over to Lyttleton early for a couple of pre-dinner drinks...yes, on top of what I already had drunk whilst in the throes of my outrageous French accent....
The Wunderbar is a Lyttleton iconic bar, due of course, to it's magnificently kitsch decor!!
It took a bit of a beating in the earthquake, but they have got it back up and running in record time!


Flamingoes!
I love 'em!!

G, the lamp freak, really loves this pair of lamps.

After a while we trotted up the hill to Jo's house.
I really loved the red roses against the blue, blue sky.
She has a rather extensive, terraced backyard.

I took on my darling Vix's suggestion of wearing a maxi.
Frock-vintage, opshopped
Top-school fair
Hairpiece-gift from Justine(my bestie)
Shoes-Mi Piaci, gift from G on his birthday!!!

Yes, I am already missing my Vix dreadfully.
We've gotten into the habit of chatting online at least once a week, so I'm going to be gagging for chat-time when she gets home!

Jo has the most amazing set of chairs, obviously from a church. I forget the details of how and where she got them.

Our starter, washed down with bubbly.
OMG delicious!!

Jo, being the hot barbeque mistress, cooking the salmon for our main.

Whereupon we opened a lovely bottle of red....

Whoops, nearly forgot to photograph our gorgeous main, nom nom NOM!

We retired to the lounge room, and were entertained by Jo's new kitten!!
Eeeeek, so cute!

Eventually I passed out.
Thanks for the pic, G.
Little shit!
I thought you may be amused to see that whilst I may give the impression of being a party girl, I am really a nana!!!
Today I am fecking hungover.
I felt bloody rough coming home on the bus, and when we got in, had a couple of paracetomal and went to bed for a while!!
Ugh.
Then I got up, had coffee and a shower, and went swimming with Justine, Baby Rose and Rose's other Aunty, Pixie, who is down from Wellington for a week.

Pixie, Rose and Justine.
Rosie is hilarious in the water, squawking with excitement and thrashing around!!

Pixie and Justine bought me this wonderful green flower yesterday!
Perfect!

I am currently having a hair of the dog, as I just can't continue in this dreadful condition.
Will be going out for a drink with Pixie and Justine later, then I'll be cycling over to Si & Nix' for band practice.
Crikey, I'm getting a bit old for this sort of carry on!!!
X
Sure, Sacramento my dear, I'll try a Spanish accent sometime soon!! LOL, I'll have to practice first!!



17 comments:

Kitty said...

At least you have a life darling, you'll never be bored Yes G is naughty for taking that photo of you in the chair, but he really does have great taste in lamps :) Love that big necklace in the first shot it really suits you.xx.

Missy Vintage said...

That light shade made of dolls faces!!!! It's creepy but fascinating all at once! Vix needs to have one of those lighting up her wall of misery!!
xx

Franca said...

that is so cool that you wear a flower in your hair even in the pool. And you have the best bars/venues where you live!

Penny Dreadful said...

That is the first time I've ever seen you wearing a maxi. It looks fantastic on you - you are so lucky to be able to wear that style, it doesn't suit everyone. That Vix does know what she is talking about, doesn't she. The Wunderbar looks amazing, just my sort of place x

La Dama said...

I love it all.. your green maxi vestido..very retro flamingos and burgundy seats..*wolf Whistle* looking caliente in pink bathin suit mama...cheeky "G",lol
that baby is so adorable.
your friend is hot devilish mama.
you still look gorge past out amor.

sacramento said...

You are all so cute...I could have just jumpped over and steal those lovely black and white shoes while you were sleep. They are sooooooooooooo wonderful.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

Well Mz Helga, I keep bumping into you on others blogs, so thought it time to march right over and say "Hello!"

Love to see all my vintage blogger friends "living the life!"

Ivy Black said...

Only you could look that glam in a pool, love! I have to say, I'd have swiped those shoes whilst you were out of it too...I'd have brought them back later!
xxx

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Loving the maxi on you! G's shirt is fantastic! V. scary doll lamp in the bar though..... ooh. I heart that shot of the roses - it's quite fabulous the way your blog is a diary of your fun times. Quite fabulous. Xxx Comtesse xxX

Louise said...

That does look like a great bar, but dolls kinda freak me out so what's that above G's head in the first shot? Scary! I miss Vix too, not sure quite how I'll cope with her regular blog posts :-( How do you manage such glamour in a swimming pool by the way? Have fun xx

RETRO REVA said...

You and vix are my all-time favorite souls!
Love all the pics ( i mentioned my Rod has long hair as well ;)
He's way too pretty...........
anyhoo, you know how to LIVE and i love it!!!!!!
there was a movie i watched last week, where the lead said " (her hubs) thinks less is more, but MORE is MORE, and i thought of you my lovely!
i like more, more, more!!!!
you rock :)
xXx
reva

Misfits Vintage said...

As usual, everything enviable! i LOVELOVELOVE your necklace, that bar looks fantastic fun, your G is a total spunkrat, your frock divine and I concur, only YOU could look so fabulously glam in a pool! (And doesn't that exquisite little girl look as though she's having the best. time. ever!) Sarah xxx

Alex said...

Oh heck, am mildly creeped out by the baby/doll head lampshade in the first photo! I have a huge aversion to anything like that. The rest of the place looks marvellous though.

Super maxi! You should defo wear them more often, they look amazing on you.

Brians an unusual name for a girl said...

Looking amazing as usual...g's shirt what a star...duh duh
Hangovers, gawdy I HATE them sometimes even just thinking about drinking has me clutching my head in agony and it takes days DAYS to get over. Dollhead anything is freaky - great velvet seats - green maxi, delish

giddynici said...

How fabulous. I would have been soooooo tempted to steal those flamingos!
Love G's star shirt.
x

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Helga, I love all the red padded velvet at the Lyttleton and the flamingoes. Dinner looks absolutely delicious! I can't quite work out what the starter is, is that a poached egg and with asparagus and parmesan or hollandaise? Beautiful roses, red is my favourite colour and I really like G's star shirt too.

You look fab in that wonderful green maxi dress, the colour really suits you xx

Vintage Vixen said...

The Lyttleton looks so swanky and lavish, my darling.
How on earth can you pass out and still manage to look so truly gorgeous? Do tell! xxx