Woman in Black...for a change


An old friend and former flatmate/bandmate is in town!!


He's been living in the UK for not sure how long, and I haven't seen him in at least 10 years!!


So I went into town, to the Dux, to meet up with him!


Wearing:


Frock-opshopped, had forever


Belt-opshopped


Fishnets-opshopped


Shoes-Hannah's sale last year




Gorgeous sunglasses, pendant and bow-from the sweet Sarah


Beads-from Renay


This is Miles!

My 3 most outstanding memories of Miles:

(in no particular order)
*He used to live across the road from the Dux, and one night, he and his flatmates ran around the Arts Centre (of which the Dux is a part) naked except for socks on their wangs.
*A party at the same flat; my boyfriend of the time and I were getting frisky in Miles' bed, when he suddenly burst in, furious, and (pointing at my boyfriend) shouted "You! Take your penis and get out of here!" and (pointing at me) "And YOU! Get your clothes on!".
*Staggering home one night along Antigua St, pissed as chooks, Miles trying to convince me it would be a good idea for me to shag him, and me telling him it wouldn't be, as were were flatting and in a band together when he fell over a knee high fence.

***
And now, here's what I wore to work yesterday!

My lovely new frock from Jem !!
I love it! Such fabulous colours!
I am also wearing:
Cardi-Trade Me
Boots-opshopped
Beads-made for me by my neice Maya
Marquisite pendant(barely seen)-Sassy Sarah !
Hairbow-made by moi
Nothing better than a glass of wine at the end of the working day.
X

PS:Can't wait to start getting ready for Rocky tonight!!!
EEEK!!!

15 comments:

Ivy Black said...

Class and cleavage, love! Excellent saucy memories! And the Jem dress is gorgeous.xxxx

KibitzKnitz said...

Wowza!! I have a black eyelet dress (with rhinestone buttons!), but with nowhere near a sexy neckline as yours! Love the new dress too, those colors are great. Very Jealous of your Gorgeous weather. Enjoy! :^)

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I've loving the top photo and I like the sound of Miles, top man! Having said that there is no way on gods earth he got that colour in the UK, tell me he's been travelling or been back a while!!

Roo said...

You look divine in black and the dress from Jem is beautiful. Thank you for your comment, I shall take the good advice from the Master of Posing!

The comment from Straight Talking Mama above made me chortle out loud, Miles has never come from the UK looking like that, we've not had sunshine here for years! xx

Sahakiel said...

Helga, you look amazing! And I'm so happy you had such a great time with your friend, really <3!!

La Dama said...

you look so elegant in black frock.
love the bow and shoes mamas.you have such great stories.have fun at Rocky Horror!
Jem dress looks fabuloso amor.

Miss Claire said...

You gorgeous woman, you! You look hot in all black! Miles sounds like quite a character, haha! Love your new frock, too! I bought one of similar colours yesterday that must have been a maxi but was hemmed up at some stage. Let me fix it up a bit and I'll post a photo for you :)

Xoxoxox Claire

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Helga, I love your stories!

You're looking very chic in black and that print with the purple is fabulous darling!!

I shall have a glass of red and think of you this evening xx

Alex said...

Ahahaha. Can't beat a good falling over a fence story!

You look fab in black but I must admit I prefer the floral frock. It's just so pretty!

Misfits Vintage said...

You look tres glam in the black - and I cannot remember when I have seen you in black before!
And I LOVE the floral frock. You ALWAYS look faaabulous! (Now, are your tanned pal and his penis single? wink wink... Ha!)

Sarah xxx

Sarsaparilla said...

Yeah, I want to know too - is he single? :-)
In any case, I'll bet he was wowed by your black dress. Hopefully there were no repeats of the stories from your past, as much fun as it must have been...

Hey, you might want to visit my blog when you have a chance and take a peek at my 100-follower Giveaway. Might be something you like...

Kitty said...

oh you look so fab in black darl, I don't know why you don't wear it more often. Have a great weekend.xx.

Calamity Jem said...

Dear Helga,
I'm positively squeeling like a happy little piglet in delight of seeing you in the floral frock...you look divine & you've styled it to perfection.
As for the black ensemble, I agree with Kitty, you look uttery fab in black.
What a beautiful dress & the bag is frigging spot-on too.
Oh, it's great meeting up with old friends & chew over the old times.
Have a great weekend my dearest!
Lot's of love,
Jem
...xXx

giddynici said...

So strange to see you in black but you look just as glam as always. How fun to see an old friend! Hope you had a great time catching up. All your memories made me laught but especially the third one! x

Vintage Vixen said...

What saucy memories, you little minx!
Love you in colour but you totally rock it in black...sexy!!! xxx