7 things about MOI !!!

Dearhearts, I am honoured to have been awarded this awarded by not one, but two of my favourite lucious lasses!
Sarah and La Dama have both passed this on to me, under the proviso that I share 7 things about myself!
No worries, I do love to talk about MOI!
1: I used to be a pretty mean squash player. I used to play with G all the time, and consequently played like a bloke, all strength and little finesse, with a lot of aggression!
2: I love watching pub brawls.
3: I used to bellydance, but prefer to play tableh (middle eastern hand drum) nowadays.
4: I have an odd obbsession with nuns, and have always wanted to drop out of trees on unsuspecting passers by dressed as one. No explanation for this, sorry!
5: I am so addicted to chilli that sometimes I have to drink chilli sauce out of the bottle for a hit.
6: I once worked on one of those naughty x rated chatlines in London. Very briefly-I was freaked out by how bloody dodgy some men are! The worst were the Scots and the Jews!
7: I can't roll my tongue, despite years of trying.
***
I would like to mention that the divinely awesome Sarah is having a fabulous giveaway, although I really don't want anyone else to enter as I want to win. Boo!
***
I had a couple of questions to answer, and better do so before I forget...
Our "cabin boy's" name was Alvin!
I was reading "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain, and it was fantastic and now I want to buy lots of cooking implements and cook like mad. I was given a bookshop gift card for my birthday by G's Mama, and I plan on finding a new cookbook, hopefully one of my darling Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstalls!
***
Gotta finish going through cruise pix so I can dazzle you with more fabulousness!
XXX

17 comments:

Alex said...

Too many posts for me to keep up with! Or perhaps I'm just slow, haha.

4) has just made me actually squawk with laughter. Please do that. I wouldn't even mind if you did it to me, I'd be too busy laughing.

KibitzKnitz said...

I thought that cover looked familiar!! That was a great read and Tony B can cook for me anytime... ;^)

Laffing my butt off at The Pouncing Nun!

Miss Claire said...

Bahaha!! The drop-nun! I second alex on that one, please please do it!! And set up a camera to film peoples reactions.

I like to make hayden sweat with too much chili! Hehe! Makes me feel powerful ;)

xxx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, love your answers. I would have nominated you too but I haven't done it yet. I need to think of some things I haven't already shared for fear of boring the tits off everyone. Have a gorgeous weekend xx

Kandi said...

Oh wow, like Alex you are welcome to Nun me if you need the practice ~ it would be a hoot!
Kandi x

Penny Dreadful said...

Chilli sauce out of a bottle, eep!

Misfits Vintage said...

Perhaps if you didn't drink chili sauce you could roll your tongue? Who cares, it's seriously overrated anyway! Let's dress up as nuns and bungee jump! Sarah xxx

Vintage Vixen said...

I can roll my tongue..hahaha! It's hereditary apparently and pisses Jon off no end as he can't either.
Loved the facts, chat lines? Eeek! I can just envisage the dirty old buggers.
Have a fab weekend my darling!
Speak soooooooooooooooooooon
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Enjoyed this! Nuns are ultra-chic and that's a habit (boom boom). Yeah I think the tongue-rolling talent is genetic. I can but my husband can't. I am completely addicted to tabasco, so I understand the chilli compulsion xx Comtesse xx

Missy Vintage said...

Helga I was going to award you with this but I see I wasn't quick enough of the mark. Loved your 7 points.

no.6 especially made me cackle! x

La Dama said...

hahayy,I can picture talking dirty to those pervos,lol
hot sauce ..your like mi Buddy he puts hot sauce on everything.

VainGlorySinner said...

Hahaha dirty chat line. Is it how I image?

One thing I have always wondered.. do loads of women just sit around in a call centre talking dirty to these men or is it an at home thing? I would never be able to do that.. I would not be able to keep myself from laughing haha!

The nun thing is funny. Can we see you dressed as a nun some day? haha!

xx

1950's_atomic_ranch_house said...

Congrats!

elena-anna said...

love your blog , it's really something. check mine and if you like it follow me and i will follow you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lady sélénite said...

It's great to know more about you, I had a lot of fun reading this post !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

Perdita said...

Whenever anyone mentions nuns, my mum tells the following 'joke':
-What's the definition of a nun?
-A bird who don't want nun, cause she can't get nun.
Sigh. In every other respect she is a sophisticated lady.

Talking of sophisticated ladies, a certain Helga has a 'love this blog' award waiting at Perdita's Pursuits (first post on the topic of awards, the other one is my '7 things')...

devilishlypleasurable said...

Drop off from a tree like a nun? God I love you! x