I'm sure goodness had nothing to do with it!

I must have a billion scarves, which I rarely do anything remotely creative with.
So I had a go. Not overly thrilled with the result, but it was something different!

Been out for a brief shop with Justine today. I needed a couple of things for the cruise, like moisturiser, a soapbox and conditioner. She helped me buy some earrings-on special!-and treated me to a new wallet! Yee! It's black and white spot with a red bow. I forgot to take a pic, will do whilst cruising .....eeek! It sounds so posh!
Frock-a former maxi from Trade Me
Scarf-opshopped
Whalenets-Trade Me, I think
Shoes-opshopped
Earrings-opshopped
Necklace-gift from G
Sunglasses-opshopped
I've been fine tuning my packing, adding my red vanity case(with just about all the cosmetics I own) and putting shoes into plastic bags. Still got to put my toiletries in....I suspect I may be a little overweight, but I'm a rebel and I don't care!!! I've changed my carry on to a tan vinyl bag,and it is full with sunglasses (I'm taking 4 pairs) and books and magazines and my jewellery (of which I'm taking quite a lot!). I think I'm about ready to go! Our flight to Auckland ("Dorkland", to use the local vernacular) is at 7am. Ouch. We're on the same flight as in-laws Mark & Holly, and their son Nathan, so will share a cab into the city, where we will meet G's Mama (whom I call Mum), and the other in-laws Simon and Mariko, and their kids Leo and Maya. We'll have brunch, and head down to the wharf about midday-ish.....eeeeek!
***
On the subject of goodness-well, we weren't actually on that subject, but bear with me-I must have been a good girl, because I received a parcel from the wonderful Kitty this morning!!!

2 gorgeous frocks!!
The pink one fits like a dream, and will only need shortening a bit. The other is a little large, but I will take it in and make it fit fabulously!!
I love them, Kitty!!
Thank you!
But wait....
there's more....

Some amazing rings!!! Freaking gorgeous rings!!
2 fantastic buttons and 3 belt buckles...I'll put these to good use.
Funnily enough, although I don't make New Year resolutions at all, I had been saying to Vix that I must sew more. So we have a plan....
more on that another time.
Thank you so much for my treats, Kitty!!!
XXX
Righty-o, I have to get ready to go out for a cruisey (geddit!? Haw.) bbq and band practice at Si & Nix'.
Be good possums whilst I'm away, darlings!
There is internet on the ship, so I should be able to keep up a bit and maybe even do a post.
Wacko!
You're all simply divine!

23 comments:

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh I shall miss you so much! I hope you have the most FANTASTIC time ever and take heaps of photos and hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday!

I love the scarf - I have HEAPS of scarves - they are so much fun and can completely change an outfit in a flash! I love playing around with them. Also I LOVE your frock - the fabric is so cheerful and pretty.

Wow - Kitty knows you so well huh! Great frocks and I love the rings!

Ooh I really will miss you Lady Helga.

Sarah xxx

Penny Dreadful said...

The pink dress from Kitty is gorgeous, and I really like the scarf on you - it really suits. This is a good tutorial for tying a longer scarf into a turban style:

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/07/28/how-to-tie-a-turban-style-headband/

And here is one for a basic square scarf:

http://www.theglamourai.com/2010/10/how-to-tie-your-own-turban.html

Might seek some more out and put them on the blog, I always just do the Russian peasant look because it is easier! Have a great cruise my dear xx

sacramento said...

You lucky, lucky girl.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Wowza, those dresses in the parcel are quite fabulous! And lovely rings! Loving the orange flowers and HOT red shoes in first pic xxx Comtesse xxx

Kandi said...

Have the best time looking forward to seeing the photos, fab goodies there, love the rings!
Kandi x

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, I know you love Frida too! Of course I got carried away so it took be bloody ages to do!

Love the dresses, rings! and the headband, you will look fabulous! Oh I wish I could sew!!

Have a totally brilliant time. I know you will, love C xx

Vintage Vixen said...

Have the most wonderful time, my gorgeous twin! I shall miss you soooo much and I'm so glad I've left the three weeks of posts you did unread so I can have a daily Helga-fix whilst your away.
Love those dresses, Kitty sure did you proud and the trinkets are out of this world, too!
Speak when you get back.
Loads of love,
Love you and miss you already!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

VildesVerden said...

I use scarves around my head all the time - saves the bad hair days. Love pink dress and the rings!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Love what you did with the scarf! And a cruise that IS posh :o) Enjoy!

Little Scribbler said...

Oh, I think you've done a cracking job with the scarf! It looks great and the sunglasses are perfect with it. Misfits Vintage had a similar scarf/glasses combo going on and it's just ace. No need for sunglasses here right now I'm afraid. It's all hats and boots. Enjoy the cruise.

Louise said...

I'm going to miss your blog while you're away, but I'm looking forward to seeing all the divine, glamorous cruise photographs when you get back. Have fun. xx

La Dama said...

You crazy beautiful mannequin poser..I love scarfs its endless what you can do to scarfs..love the little bow..I love flowery prints..red vinyl heels are so sexy..the coqueta earrings are my fave..more vestidos to frolock in mi amor. and what shiny gems.

Alex said...

Have an amazing time! Ooh I'm selfishly glad that the ship has internet - life would be much less fun without a daily dose of Helga!

heidisadventures said...

i assume you're already getting wasted at the pool bar having fun and enjoying life :) in german, i would say: hau rein! and please keep wearing this wonderful orangy flower dress. i adore you in it!!!!! heidi xxxxxxx (i'm in a great mood here despite grey, cold weather cause i have salsa tunes playing in the background :)

lady sélénite said...

It's always a funny time for me to come on your blog ! I love this outfit so colorful ! Have a nice cuise and enjoy !!!
http://selenite.weebly.com/

giddynici said...

Have an amazing cruise! Look forward to photos and stories when you can. x

Mrs Cleaver said...

What a lovely woman Kitty is!Those dresses are gorgeous.
Luv the colour combo of your outfit.
Wishing you all an absolutely fab time on your cruise,we will miss you while your gone:)

ana b. said...

Oh you're going on a cruise? Jeallloussss. The restaurant that does the flaming ouzo cheese thing is called Osteria Del Toro. They're on the internet.

Mrs Munster said...

Hope you have equally relaxing and rocking holiday. One things is sure - you are going to look so fabulous every day. Guaranteed Helga- style :)

Ari said...

You are amazing. Have you seen my blog http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/ about old ladies with great style!

Ari

Mexico in my kitchen said...

Please do keep us posted in your trip. I love to read your new post. You make me smile with your creative writing.

Have a fun memorable time.

Mely

devilishlypleasurable said...

Enjoy the trip, decked out with such beautiful florals and glorious energy!

x

Sarsaparilla said...

I'm so glad we haven't heard from you since the 8th - must mean that you are having a grand ol' time!

Kitty is an angel to send you those lovely dresses and rings...