Nor' West by golly

Freakin' hell, we are expected to get up to 30 degrees today! There's already a northwester from hell out there. My nose is running, and I have a slight headache.....meh!
Cocktail weather!
This is the orange thing from the opshop pile, Terri! A light cardi. Nothing special, but useful, and a pretty colour. I wasn't feeling the best yesterday arvo, hence the faceless picture! Noice close up of my necklaces, though! The skull one from Wellington of course, and the red one is coral with an amber prayer bead, bought for me by G at a favourite shop of ours in Riccarton, called Ula. They have lots of ethnic jewellery and stuff.
The patterned thing, Alex, is a funky maxi that you'll see soon, I just have a couple of tweaks to do on it!

I did, however perk up when I found this parcel waiting for me when we got home yesterday!


EEEK!

A parcel of wonders from my beloved Vix !

Just what a girl needed!

I think I'm most excited about the red bloomers with the white trim.......



As an aside, really, I'm rather into this pic. I found it last night, but forgot to note where I got it from. I'm terrible for that.
(sorry! If it's yours, let me know and I will credit you accordingly!)
I quite like the idea of floating about in the Avon like this; however, there's a lot of duck poo in there , and that isn't too appealing.
Still.....
I like ducks!

19 comments:

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, love the necklaces and the haul from the fabulous Vix. She is so brilliant at picking the right stuff! Those colours are perfect for you. I know you wear loads of colours but I always think of you in oranges, pinks and reds.

Love the pond pic. Just as well you like ducks if you're going to recreate it. Love C xx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

PS. I'm just eyeing your White Russian recipe - I'm rather partial to one of those xx

Vintage Vixen said...

Hoorah for parcels! I do hope we get to see the bloomers in the flesh.
Is that Ophelia? I had the John Everett Millais picture as a poster on my wall when I were a lass.
Those necklaces look gorgeous together. Hope you feel more like revealing yourself soon, I'm sure a cheeky little cocktail (or two) will help.
Loads of love,
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Penny Dreadful said...

I love your orange necklace, nice and chunky. I can't be bothered with delicate jewellery, it gets lost on me. Those bloomers from Vix are brilliant, you'll need to do a Victorian style pin-up shoot with them x

Perdita said...

OOH what's that Barry M nailvarnish then? Fascinated- I'm a nail varnish addict.

Vintage Coconut said...

I like both of the necklaces alot, but the red one is so damn gorgeous!! I need to find myself something along the lines of it. the prezzies you got from Vix look delightful.
I don't know if I would fancy floating in duck poo either.
Ducks are rather nice, except the time I got bit in the foot at the beach. I am just glad I had shoes on! I think the darn thing thought my foot was a chunck of bread!

Smashingbird said...

That photo reminds me of the Millais Ophelia picture which is one of my all time faves. I'm rather intrigued by the bloomers... pix soon please! x

Louise said...

Fabulous skull necklace. Duck poo lol... I'd be more concerned about the damn cold!

La Dama said...

hope your feel better soon amor.
those necklaces look great together..I need to see that skull necklace paired up with loads of colorful flowere on your head like a crown.
another parcel you two are so lucky..you deserve it and more..oh god those bloomers are so sexy..need to see you wearing them mi dear.

Alex said...

Ooh it's a maxi? I bet it's amazing!!

We must have bloomer photos asap. Seriously.

I love ducks. And ducklings! Eek, it'll be time for them to start appearing soon. I drive past loads on my way into work and it always brightens up the morning.

Terri said...

Thanks for modeling the orange so quickly. Seems that Vix fancies you in orange too. We will get to see the red bloomers in action, won't we?

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Orange is just fabbers on you. As for those saucy bloomers, we all want to see style those bébés up!
xxx

Straight Talking Mama! said...

oooh I do love those necklaces!

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh Lady Helga, I hope you are feeling better. I loe orange and red together - such a happy combo. Those red bloomers look FABULOUS! Feel better - big hugs from me.

Sarah xxx

Misfits Vintage said...

And look how luscious and dark your hair looks in that pic! xxx

Mazzy Boy said...

I LOVE the vintage looking nail varnish bottle. Is that actually vintage or a replica? I wanted to send you some nail polish, but we aren't allowed to ship them from the USA (drats!) for airmail because they are flammable...wouldn't that suck to hear of a plane going down from Revlon top Speed lacquer?

cecylia.com said...

ooh I love the tangerine clothes you got! And I love the enchanting picture of Ophelia!

lady sélénite said...

Love the skulls necklace and the kind of Ophelia (but this one seems to be alive !) picture, it reminds me the Millais' painting that I love !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

giddynici said...

Yay for parcels! Your duck poo comments made me laugh! x