Shouty Announcement!

I'm going to be in Sydney March 31st-April 3rd!
(Actually, April 3rd doesn't count,as I have a 9am-ish flight home)
Let me say again:
I'm going to be in Sydney March 31st-April 2nd!!
And....
I'll be hanging out with the incredible....
Sarah !!!!!
Eeeek!
Sydney is my home town, so it's always nice to go back home....and it's been a few years.....and, it's easy enough for Sarah to come up from Canberra....so we thought we'd meet up!
We're kinda hoping there may be some Sydney-ites who might like to meet up with us, or even some out of town or out of Staters who might like to come to Sydney for the weekend and meet up with us!!!
Just throwing it out there!
I grabbed a bargain flight, you could too!!!
So, that's my little bit of excitement.
I feel that this is the year for little trips.
We've done a cruise, been to Wellington, we're off to Dunedin next weekend, so why not add Sydney into the mix?!
***
I am wearing a revamped frock that has been kicking around in part-revamp for a year or two.
It's very unusual for me to go back to something, but I just knew I could make it funkier.
I just didn't know how.
Until the other evening.
I had an epiphany.
I'd already taken it up and taken it in, but every time I went to wear it, it just wasn't right.
My epiphany was that the sleeves, which were quite boxy, had to go.
Magic!
Now I like it!!
And then I decided to sew a scrap of lace trim that has been lurking in the drawer for years around the collar.
More magic!
Now, it feels right, and I love it!!
I got many favourable comments whilst wearing it.
It's a shame I never took a before pic; sorry about that.
I really must start doing that!
Frock-70's shirtdress, opshopped and revamped
Cardi-Dotti sale
Belt-opshopped
Fishnets-opshopped
Shoes-Hannah's sale
Handbag-vintage, opshopped.
I do like it when I'm clever.
Who's up for a jaunt to Sydney, then?!

PS!!!

My 3 contributions to Sexcapades were:

Pamela Anderson-but her boobs explode

Smells like cock

Eels with nasty, sharp, pointy teeth etc....

Y'all were bloody close!

22 comments:

Trees said...

I love the lacey collar! Nice revamp:)

Misfits Vintage said...

WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited!

You look FAB in that frock and you are SO clever - taking it in, taking it up, removing sleeves, adding lace... bloody hell, if I have to do anything more than wash it and iron I lose all interest! You're so clever Lady Helga.

I am counting the sleeps until Sydney!

Sarah xxx

Alex said...

But you are still so very far awayyyyyyyyyyyyy..... Come to England!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

*Applause* - bravo for returning to a refashion - I have several banished to the bottom of the mending heap:(. Ingenious job but more to the point it shows off those goooooooooorgeous pegs - fishnets, heels and Mrs Slocombe frock - what a amazing combo!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE you're going to Sydney? OMG you lucky, lucky wench!! xoxoxoxo

sacramento said...

I wish I could meet you all in Sydney!!!
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww wouldn´t it be fantastic!!!
Across the world...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kelly said...

I love what you've done to it! Little bit of lace can make the world of difference!
CAn't wait to see the pics of the meet with Sarah, I agree with Alex, come to England!

xx

Rose&Bird said...

Looks good - there's always potential in any old thing if you can sew, even just a little bit! Sydney sounds great - just a bit too far away for us in the UK x

Rachel (RooPaprika) said...

Come to us pleeeeeeeeeeeeease! I want to go to Sydney, I want to see Helga *stamps foot*

Magnificent refashion xxx

Kitty said...

How excitement, check your email :)

Jessycalouise said...

I love your handbag, its lovely :)
xxxx

wwww.forevermissvanity.blogspot.com

Vintage Vixen said...

Wahhhhh! I'm too jealous! Not fair, I want to come and play.
That dress is a triumph and well done for going back to it. I shall take a leaf out of your book and whip myyself up a divine frock from an old one. You look glorious, you really do.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Miss Claire said...

Woah, you look smokin'! I with I had some breast. I've got a couple of chicken fillets on me :( Oh boy, you girls are going to have so much fun, I wanna join!!! Funds probably wont let me, though!

xx

Miss Peregrin said...

That frock is gorgeous! Nice work with the revamp.

Kandi said...

That frock is amazing, it is the collar that does it for me, your revamp skills are top!
Kandi x

Louise said...

Oh I wish I could get to Sydney. You're having such an exciting year already. xx

seƱora Allnut said...

your frock fits you so well!, it was a great revamp!, and I like how you wear fishnet tights, love your style!
I wish you a funny travel and great adventures!!
besos

La Dama said...

that vestido is amazing love the lacy colllar and print..I wish we can all meet up someday that will be a barrel of laughts and drinks.

Comtesse de ferveur said...

oo er I love your lace collar and very, very cool dress. The meet-up sounds like much excitement! xxx

giddynici said...

That dress is great, love the collar.
So, so far away for me. But you will all have a fab time I'm sure!!! x

heidisadventures said...

Oh, I'd love to come, but I think it's a little bit too far away for me. Instead, I've decided that I'm gonna spend my Easter holidays on the allegedly beautiful Spanish island Mallorca.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, yes!! Come to England!

Love the lace collar and the shoes and fishnets are fab xx

Pearl Westwood said...

Aw man I didnt get any right! The collar on your dress is such a good feature x