Welcome!

We had a splendid dinner at Welcome Restaurant last night!
It's a dear wee Chinese run place in Riccarton, and the entire menu-which is rather extensive-is vegan/vegetarian. Loads of tofu, meignon and other soy/wheat products. They also make and sell mushroom jerky! It's freakin' awesome!!!
Jem , as a vegan, you would be very happy eating here, I think!
It's a BYO restaurant, too, which is always nice.
Note G in forground, wearing his fab new shirt that Sarah sent him! It's a perfect fit, doll, and he loves it!
The birthday girl, Amber, being saucy.
But I didn't get a pic of ME last night!!!
WTF?!
I looked fabulous, too.
O well.
So I got G to get a couple of pix of me this morning on the way to work.....

Very slightly bleary....


It's getting a little darker in the mornings now, and a tad cooler too.
I'm wearing a darling navy coat that my Vix sent me.
Navy is surprisingly versatile!
Frock-70's, Recycle Boutique in Wellington
Tights-opshopped
Shoes-Trade Me
Necklace-Wellington
Brooch-opshopped, 80's, I think
Flower-local chemist sale table.

I feel a bit displaced, as yesterday felt like Thursday, and now that it is Thursday, I don't know what day it feels like!
At least my internal radio is being kind; it's playing "Under the Milky Way" by The Church.
I love that song!
X

20 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

Mushroom Jerky? Splendid! Maybe Jem, Sarah and I should all join you next time. The Chinese food here is rubbish, all watery mush and tinned crap.
How good do you look on the way to work? So bright-eyed and raring to go. I'd forgotten all about the coat. I've hated navy for years and do rather like it these days.
Tomorrow, my sweet, I'll be up and raring to go!
Love Ya!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Beautiful coat and dress and all! G's shirt's rather cool!
xxx

Louise said...

Aw, I love the frock... and the shoes. You're looking terribly glam as always!

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh I love that song too and now shll have it in my head all day. How lovely - it can replace You Shook Me All Night Long, which has been lodged firmly for days!

I love you in the shades of blue - those shoes are such a pretty colour. It does look very EARLY there darling!

Sarah xxx

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh and I am SO glad G likes his shirt - he looks gorgeous as always! Sarah xxx

La Dama said...

I love chinese food,I cant find decent teriyaki chicken here.all your dishes sound delicious.
G, hair is looking more tame..has he ever straighten his lovely locks? cool shirt.
that coat and dress go perfectly..those blue shoes are muy bonitos.

MissNeira said...

Oh man look at those heels! love it!!!

xoxo
Miss Neira

Rachel (RooPaprika) said...

Oh that chinese sounds amazing. Veggie chinese food is so hard to get here but since I've moved we've tracked an good 'un down.

You are looking gorgeous, I especially love your necklace. Are those little skull beads, so cute

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, I ate in a Chinese buffet restaurant for years before I realised it was veggie. I'd never noticed!

Love the frock and shoes and G's shirt looks great on him. I must check out that song xx

señora Allnut said...

That navy coat is awesome, and it seems to have a very good quality fabric! (love classic garments, and love your blue shoes and brooch!)
And lovely pics of the restaurant and all that party: everybody is pretty good-looking!
besos

Rose&Bird said...

Looks like a great party, just my kind of restaurant! Like Vix says, Chinese food isn't that great here. You look fantastic, what time of morning was that?!

Rose&Bird said...

Was slightly thrown by you saying it's Thursday - it's still Wednesday here!

Vintage Kewpie said...

Wish I had known about this place when I lived in Burnham, we always came into "town" for dinner.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Dammit those shoes are driving me crazy!! I would bind my feet to get my ginormous hooves into those - and the dress and knit jacket - stunning, just stunning!!!:)) xo

Trees said...

I love that dress! I can never find anything that awesome at recycle boutique!

Alex said...

Mmmm, that restaurant sounds gorgeous! I rarely cook veggie stuff for myself but I am very partial to it when I'm eating out.

You look smokin', especially when it's practically dark outside!! How on earth do you look that good that early in the morning?! It's taken me about 4 hours to even contemplate a bit of mascara today.

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Love the sound of a mostly vegan/veggie chinese, sounds delish! I did go to one in NYC once, it was such a treat to be able to order anything on the menu!

I know it's the way it is but I'm still always freaked that you are going into autumn as we are going into spring, not that you'd know it today!!

lady sélénite said...

You have so great parties ! I love your outfit in white and blue, it's very sweet !
http://selenite.weebly.com/

Mrs Cleaver said...

G looks very handsome in his shirt:)
I wish i could try the mushroom jerky,it sounds tasty.
I love the pattern on the dress & the shoes are totally fab!

Vintage Coconut said...

You look gorgeous in blue!! Darn I love those shoes.