Down by the river-I shot my baby

As if I'd ever do that!
We're listening to Neil Young whilst G makes dinner preperations, actually.
My favourite Neil Young song is Cortez the Killer, if you're interested!
I'm really into this coat, and look forward to wearing it a lot this season.
It is, in fact, a little muggy this evening, but it went so well with my red and yellow outfit I had to sweat it out a bit.
Coat-60's, opshopped
Frock-my beloved Vix
Slip-vintage, opshopped
Cardi-opshopped
Tights-Chinatown Markets, Sydney
Shoes-Trade Me
Bow-made by moi from a scrap of spotted crimplene I opshopped a while back.

Check me out in soft focus!!!
Ever so flattering.
I feel better today.
Better get a bucket!
***
Just to re-iterate the swap idea, I'll re-cap from yesterday:
I'm making a patchwork denim tote bag; this will be sent from participant to participant, and you each must add something to it, be it decorative or functional.
Then take a pic of yourself posing like a wally with it!
When you send it on to the next person, include a little something you've made for them to keep.
In the end, it will come back to me, and it will be put up as a giveaway.
So we all have a bit of fun, we all get a little something and someone gets to keep the tote.
Which may be a little overdone by then, but whomever gets it can edit it judiciously!
We've got a shitload of interested parties!
I'll post the list, in order of interest expressed, on Monday.
I should have the tote finished by then, and will show you whast you'll be attacking with your craftiness.
Hurrah!
X

23 comments:

Fanny Pinkleton said...

I'm looking forward to the swap idea coming to fruition and seeing what everybody does. I'm in transit so can't take part, but I'll be with in spirit for sure.

That's a fetching coat, I like a bit of tartan. Glad to hear you are on the mend! x

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Glad you're on the mend hon! I do like red and yellow together so damn cheery!

Ronnie Rabbit said...

Glad to see that you are feeling better, love the outfit, great colours :)

LandGirl1980 said...

Look at you in your cheery ensemble! Fab tights - as always!

Mo said...

Thats a fantastic coat you look great.
I would love to be included in the Tote swap it sounds like a fun idea. xxx

sacramento said...

You look beautiful my dear to soot your baby, hehehehe.
There are a few Spanish ladies who want to join in, so I will send you my list by email on Sunday. Fun, Fun, fun.
I thought the present doesn´t have to be made, it can be made or bought or something old to you and new to others...To put less pressure.
We are already decorating the tote...
Don´t you think????
hehehehe.
Besossssssssssss

Alex said...

Hurrah indeed! It sounds much fun!

Your dress is utterly fantastic - does Vix ever send you anything that isn't awesome? The coat is ace too! Love a bit of tartan.

Perdita said...

Loving the tartan, looks fab with the yellow!

The soft focus is a great effect, not that you need it sexy lady!

Rose&Bird said...

Loving the coat and the dress!

I'd love to take part in the swap please x

Penny Dreadful said...

I love Neil Young too. My favourite is either Needle and the Damage Done or Harvest Moon. Too many to choose from though! xx

Vintage Vixen said...

That frock is divineness itself. It's been so long since I posted that parcel I'd forgetten what I'd put in it. Everything looks so colourful and fabulous on you, I feel happy just to keep looking at you.
Heart of Gold, for sure. Especially now Sarah's sung it to me.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxx

heidisadventures said...

so good to see you're better. what a romantic photo of yours. i wonder if my camera also has that effect or did you do it on the computer? concerning your clothes (and please bear in mind that this comes from someone who is not into fashion): i so looooooove your yellow tights. they're splendid (totally my word now since i heard it in the king's speech). i might wanna get some more really colourful tights too now :)
xxx

La Dama said...

You and Sarita have all wanting to out and buy tartan.
I love all kinds of coats, your colorful yellow tights go perfectly with that beautiful dress.
loving the soft focus,so I see you close up now.

Ivy Black said...

Love the soft focus you!
I lurve Mr Young...gotta be Heart of Gold for me.
Looking forward to this swap...it's going to be a work of art in itself! xx

seƱora Allnut said...

Love your mustard and red plaid combo, so bright and delightful!, and love your coat (it seems to be so warm & comfy, and Tartan is always fine for me!!)
And I'm enthusiastic with that swap project, so funny!
besos

Smashingbird said...

I want some yellow tights, they look fab with the red! Love me a bit of soft focus.... xxx

giddynici said...

Omg that coat is amazing! X

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Ooh! Love the tartan and the spotty bow.

I've just realised it's a crafty swap thing! I don't if I could make something. Have you got to make it yourself? xx

Janelle aka Nelly said...

Had no net for a few days Did I get in on the swappy thingy?

Terri said...

Admiring the coat. Look forward to seeing the list!

Misfits Vintage said...

Well, as seems to be the way at the moment, I am DAYS late in commenting here (I don't know how this keeps happening!).

I LOVE this entire outfit - the tartan coat especially (and we were totally on the same wavelength yesterday!). I am OBSESSED with tartan at the moment.

SO glad you are feeling better!

Love, Sarah xxx

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Loving your awesome coat lass! xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

That is the most gorgeous coat on the planet and you have given it the look of the century - the frock! The yellow tights! The BOW!!! Fek me, I hope you wore this to meet Prince Willy - watch out Kate!! xo