Canterbury Colours!

Hurrah for pharmeceuticals!
My bloody sinuses have been acting up, but we stopped by a chemists on the way home from Loburn this morning, and now I am drugged to the hilt!
We are about to go down to our friend Dave's house for a bit of a prty, which will involve jamming, much booze, nibbles and vegan bbq, methinks! (Dave is a long time vegan.) I have made a curried lentil dip-vegan-and we are armed with a couple of bottles of red wine.
Wearing:
Frock-ETC, a vintage store in Edgeware
Stole-Toffs
Fishnets-opshopped
Shoes-opshopped
Brooch-made by moi
Bow-made by moi

I also have a black ring-courtesy of the fabulous Kitty and pinkie ring-courtesy of sexy bint Vix-on, with my usual rings.

The rosette brooch is made from a vintage button of Elizabeth and Margaret as children; I found it at Riccarton Markets years ago, and some bits of lace and ribbon from my trims drawer.
***
I guess we've all heard about the dreadful quake/tsunami in Japan by now.
I don't know exactly where the glorious Iman is situated, but was rather concerned, but popped over to her blog to leave a message, and the lovely Terri has seen, via her Facebook page, that she is ok.
Hurrah!
Now I can go party proper!!
Have super times tonight, darlings, whatever you may be doing!
X

21 comments:

Terri said...

Vegan barbeque? What in the hell in that? I love your vintage brooch and think I may try something like it. And, like you, I was immensely relieved to hear that Iman in intact.

Misfits Vintage said...

Bloody hell Helga - you have outdone yourself!

You look AMAZING! The frock is incredible and you have styled it to perfection. Hope you have a gorgegous night with your friends tonight - and take lots of pics to entertain us! Yay for vegan bbq! YUM!

How many sleeps? Not many!

Sarah xxx

Misfits Vintage said...

Also I ADORE your hair and makeup!

S xxx

Vintage Vixen said...

Fabulous! That dress is such a divine print and the brooch is amazing maybe I could do the same with Jarvis Cocker?
Your eyes look so sexy and smoky. Hope the BBQ is fabulous. I'd love to go to a vegan BBQ. I usually get given a microwaved beanburger.
Have a fabulous weekend you equally sexy bint!
Love you!
Vix
xxx

Straight Talking Mama! said...

oooh you look rather sexy & stunning lady! The drugs clearly suit you ;o)

mmmm vegan BBQ, as a veggie I'm like Vix usually have to use a grill in the house of whoever's BBQ it is!

Kitty said...

Glad you are feeling better, love the eye makeup and what a great lip colour.xx.

ana b. said...

Oh very very dramatic! That fur(?) stole especially. So good to see your spirits are up in Christchurch.

Brians an unusual name for a girl said...

Looking spiffy love!

Penny Dreadful said...

I didn't have a chance to watch the news yesterday but have been catching up today. Isn't it terrible. Luckily my Japanese friends live in Tokyo which seems fine x

Smashingbird said...

Hope you had a great party - you certainly looked fabulous! I do like the brooch you made. x

Fanny Pinkleton said...

YOU are BEAUTIFUL. I want whatever it is you are having. Love the brooch.

Perdita said...

Every time I pop over I wanna say 'that colour is SO you'... you suit every colour you fashion goddess!

Missy Vintage said...

fabulous! I agree with Perdita, you seem to be able to work every colour! x

sacramento said...

My wonderful helga, you look so amazing...
Wow a vegan barbeque, how fantastic that sounds, yeahhhhhhhhhhh.
Iman is ok, yeahhhhhhhhhhh.
Much love and enjoy.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

La Dama said...

You freaking Hot creature,I love when you wear your stoles and glam it up with whore make up.
that dress fabric looks so groovy and love how the pattern looks like little records.
what an original Rosette brooch.
have fun amor!

Miss Peregrin said...

This frock is so damn "Helga". The quintessential Helga frock, I think. You glamorous scoundrel! You look fab!

seƱora Allnut said...

ooohhh!, you're so elegant in your almost red frock, and I love the color combo and the accessories, the fishnet tighs, the super-elegant stole and the amazing brooch you made, such an original idea!
Delightfully dressed for a vegan bbq!
besos

Alex said...

I bet a vegan BBQ is scrumptious! I do love meat (*snorks*) but I always feast like a queen when I stay at my vegan pal's house.

That frock is absolutely gorgeous. Like Perdita says, is there any colour you don't suit?

giddynici said...

Party, booze and BBQ all sounds like perfect medicine to me. Your brooch is cute! x

Miss Claire said...

Ohh, you do look divine! Would love to hear what was BBQ'd from a vegans kitchen! Loving what you did with that badge...I might have a go at doing that to some that I used to pin all over my blazerd when I thought I was a punky 16 year old!

Xx Claire

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, you look fabulous. I think this is my favourite outfit yet xx