I don't mind if I do !

G has been such a sweetie, taking lots of pix for me lately.
He says he's really enjoying it!
It's so nice, as it saves me running back and forth, fiddling with the camera and the gorilla pod...
He's got a pretty good eye, not only for a pic...bahahhahaaa

This graffiti'd place is part of a small wasteland that lies between a railway line and Hagley Park, and we come through it every day.It used to be a stockyard of some sorts, I believe.
I'm wearing:
Frock-heavily revamped
Cardi-opshopped
Belt-opshopped
Fishnets-opshopped
Shoes-Trade Me
Handbag-vintage, opshopped
Underneath, I am wearing some bicycle shorts I made years ago.
I completely forgot to expose myself for you!!!
I do look very serious, though.
It's a serious business, being photographed for an adoring audience!
As most of you darlings well know!
***
I came home to a mother of a mail drop......due to the quake, mail had been a bit sparse....I expect things got caught up, roads weren't driveable. Things must be moving, cos I came home to:

A parcel from my darling Vix !!!
The most divine crimplene forest green maxi, a co-ordinating Mrs Slocombe-like blouse, a fabulous scarf and blue Barry M nail varnish to go!!!
EEEK!
Not to mention sweeties, divine sequined slippers (they fit perfect-like! And sequins! Hahaha!), a ring,an incredible pendant, a splendid cocktail book ( circa 1964!) and a shirt for G!!!
Thank you, angel cakes!!!
Plus:
some "red" fishnets (they're actually a pretty dusky rose colour, and I'm quite pleased with them), and some bargain mascara from Trade Me, and a cd from the ridiculously attractive Crystal Lee !!!
(thanks, blossom!)
Ah, it's all so very pleasant!
I'm a very happy girl!
X


25 comments:

Janelle aka Nelly said...

Shrimps and bananas? Interesting lol I wish my hubby would tale pics for me I usually have to rope one of the Gdaughters in to do mine lol

delia hornbook said...

I love the way your dress colour matches the graffiti ;-)) What a lovely parcel to, have a great day, dee x

Vintage Vixen said...

Hurrah for parcels! Lets hope the other one turns up one day!!!
You look beautifully business-like and strict today, no arguing with Madam Helga. Loving the side sweep and the frock!
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Perdita said...

That cocktail book looks AMAZING.

I love those shades of aqua and blue on you too, they suit you loads!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Those are great pictures! What a fab parcel to come home to as well, lucky girl!

Miss Peregrin said...

What a great place for pics! How kind of that graffiti artist to match their colours so perfectly to your dress, which is absolutely smashing.

Penny Dreadful said...

Hehe, before I'd even scrolled down I knew by the contents that pakcage would have been from Vix. You really are witchy sisters aren't you. G is doing a great job on photos, love the graffiti background x

VildesVerden said...

Those slippers look amazing!

Rose&Bird said...

Great package and outfit! Good to know the post is getting through again x

giddynici said...

What a fab parcel to come home to. How lovely of Vix. It all looks great. You will need to share some of the cocktails you make from the book. x

sacramento said...

I love how the background blends so well with the outfit. Helga, why don´t we do an universal parcel exchange??, it would be fun, but hard work.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Fanny Pinkleton said...

A parcel choc full of fun and love - best kind. xx

VainGlorySinner said...

I love the way you revamp your dresses, they look so fun!

What an amazing package from Vix! I love the pendant, it looks so beautiful and the sequin slippers are amazing!

You have to take a joint picture of you in your new forest green maxi and G in his new shirt for us all to see! xxx

VainGlorySinner said...

Oh and I forgot to mention! I love that handbag!!

Alex said...

I LOVE that graffiti background! Wish I had a nice photographer to take my pics. Actually no I don't, I am crap at posing for photos and human photographers keep telling me to look up and smile. I think I prefer the selftimer and scowling at the floor as usual.

Well missus, you have positively inspired me with all your revampy magic. I bought a beautiful vintage frock at the weekend but it does me no favours at all. I am going to hack it to bits and see what I can do with it.

Crystal Lee said...

Love the backdrop & your outfit! matchy-matchy! and I'm so glad you got my cd! Let me know what you think. and thank you for the compliment. you are beautiful

La Dama said...

I always love all your backgrounds.
you pose like a true model..very sexy school teacher again..like in my dreams.
I see your sporting your shoes amor.
Vixcita, is wonderful a true friend...lucky girl,
look at all those presents.
my fave is the pink shoes and pendant,shrimp and bananas how fun.
love ya

Ivy Black said...

Lovely photo, gorgeous.
Fab parcel...Barry M, yummy..and as for shrimps and bananas...be like a six year old and put one of each in your mouth at the same time until they're all eaten.xxx

Andreea said...

Beautiful outfit, i love the dress:)

♥ kisses ♥

http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

seƱora Allnut said...

love the graffiti background in your photos, it's modern and cool!
and you're pretty serious in your floral dress, beautiful but serious!, and very elegant!
And I'm glad you've received so many nice things, I'm waiting to see them 'in action'!!
besos

Misfits Vintage said...

How come I am always a day behind on your posts at the moment? There's a glitch in the matrix!!!

YAY! We both received parcels yesterday! You look AMAZING as always - I LOVE that frock and what a gorgeous background. Yay for G Liebowitz!

Sarah xxx

Oh - also I love what you are doing with your hair - that sideswept look is very flattering n you!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Great pics and fab outfit! And lucky you- a package from Vix!
Enter to Win My Shabby Apple Dress Give-Away- the Citizen Rosebud

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, love the pictures, you look stunning. Great backdrop too.

Isn't Vix amazing. What a great parcel. I can see you in everything. I'm loving all the Mrs Slocombe stuff. Have a great week, love C xx

Mrs Cleaver said...

I luv the lace that you have added,your embellishments always look like they were meant to be there.The shoes are fabulous,as are you:)

Sharon said...

That cocktail book! My parents had the exact same one ~ I wonder what they've done with it!! Will have to ask next time I see/speak to 'em ~ if my poor 'ole menopausal bwain remembers LOL