It's a weird kinda hat

Yep, the hat.
I'm pretty ambivalent about it.
I'm quite fascinated by it's oddness, just not entirely sure.
Nothing Made Me March here; this is just what I felt like wearing.
Frock-opshopped
Cardi-opshopped
Weord hat-opshopped
Handbag-opshopped
Boots-Trade Me
Socks-opshopped
Belt-opshopped
Sunglasses-vintage, the divine Sarah
A wonderful lady from work, Mandy, who is about to retire, was driving with her husband when they saw me walking along the road. (I'd been picking up a couple of groceries) He apparently said, "wow, look at that" and she proudly told him I was her darling from work.
Isn't that just the sweetest?!
She reckons the hat look a-okay.
I'll go with that for now!!!

The knackered tooled leather handbag cost me $2 in my fave opshop last year.
It's odd, as it has the metal clasp thingy, and has an imprint of acorns !!!
It's been hanging in our foyer, so I figured it deserved its first outing!
Kibitz Knitz, darl, you were asking about my tattoo......well, it's still going!
I haven't had any work done since last year. Time just flies, and now I'm saving bucks for Sydney (supposedly).
My tattooists house (she works from her home studio nowadays) was badly damaged, I understand, in the quake. She is still working though, so I will have to look at getting back into it when I get back from Sydney.
Gagging to get it finished!
For new readers, I am in the process of getting a large-ish backpiece done, with a central Mucha design and peacock feathers. I'll show y'all where it's at when I get in for my fourth sitting.
Promise!!
Anyway, opinions on the hat?
Long time readers will know that I'm a bit funny aboput hats anyways. I like them, just never feel comfortable in them, so Winter can be stressful when I have to wear a warm hat.....
I simply must get over this!!!
***
O!
The incredibly stunning and stylish Sacramento and I have been discussing doing an international swap.
Just what and how exactly we aren't too sure. I was thinking about how some bloggers send a frock around, and each recipient styles it their way-but maybe something smaller, a bit different. Today I was thinking that it might be fun to see who wants to be involved, and maybe it's something as simple as making, say a hair accessory, and sending that around....or, maybe names in a hat, like a secret santa??
I do think it would be nice to make something, maybe each participant chooses what, and we allocate a partner??
Any ideas, darlings? Just throwing out my tiny thoughts here!!
We are a worldwide bunch of fabulousness, I'm sure we can come up with something fun to do!
***
Now, I have no idea why I look to be missing a tooth in that picture from Saturday night!! I figure I must have been scoffing something, and have it jammed in my teeth!! Ha! Might have been a bit of Dave's carrot/cashew and something-or-other vegan pie......whatever, I threw it up anyway!!
Bahahaha!
X

28 comments:

Hannah said...

i like the hat! =)the colours match your hair! (apart from the blue, but red and blu are complimenty coluors, so added bonus!)
The swap idean sounds so cool! maybe a small bag/purse ? or jewlery? i do like hair pieces though... !
p.s i saw an add with those towel animals and thought of you, i think it was an alpine cruise one...? )

Terri said...

Oh, an international swap sounds like fun...perhaps we could start with the hat you are wearing and each new person adds a new trimming to it!

Ivy Black said...

Yep...I can go with the hat....on you anyway. If I wore it, I would indeed be a twat in a hat.
I'm right up for an international giveaway...a vintage or handmade hairpiece would be brilliant & get us all thinking!
Love that lippy you've got on. Yummy!
xxx

Janelle aka Nelly said...

Looks great on you would look ridiculous on me.I like swaps so wpudl be interested in being involved in the one you are organising,Ideas? I have none as I am a follower not a leader just tell me what to do and Ill do it just dont tell me where to go tho lol

Janelle aka Nelly said...

dont you just love rereading what you wrote to see you have mispelt again and look like you cant spell? Why do I not proof read???? Ok am sure you have worked out that the word wpuld is meant to be WOULD but just in case lol.

Ronnie Rabbit said...

It is a strange hat but you totally pull it off

Penny Dreadful said...

I like the hat, I think it has quite a 50s look. They often wore bonkers headwear (I have one with stuffed birds and palm trees on it). Maybe you could try it with your hair back, red lippie and a 50s style dress.

Love Mucha, I didn't know you were a tattoo girl (I've always been too araid I'd get bored). Looking forward to seeing it when it is done! The bag is luvverly too xx

Miss Peregrin said...

I say yes to the hat! It suits you very well. The idea of an international swap sounds interesting. If you set something up I'd love to be part of it!

Vintage Vixen said...

That hat is totally fabulous, it's almost native American with those feathers. The print on that frok is so becoming and the Slocombe-esque pussybow is ravishing.
I'll get thinking about the parcel swap, there's a lot of crafty bloggers that do it and it works well.
I'm speaking to you now, how fabulous!
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helga! said...

Yes,you are,tee hee!!!

Misfits Vintage said...

I am IN like Flynn for any swap/craft/trade/blog project!

I agree re the hat - maybe it's the shape... you look gorgeous in hats but there's something about this one that's just not quite right.

That FROCK however, and your hair and the acorn bag! YES! GORGEOUS!!! The colour of your hair with the pattern of the frock is divine and very autumny.

Sarah xxx

Perdita said...

I love the hat, it's the colours and textures I think.

...but the dress is my fave from this outfit. LOVE the print and the primness, just super cute.

sacramento said...

My dear Helga, I see you are wearing your thinking hat at last.You look fabulous with your hair down.Loving the dress too.
I would think that sending a hat around is not such a good idea, for once nobody wears hats in Spain. Don´t ask me why????
I write to your email hehehehhe

Mil besos

Mo said...

I love the hat, but if you are still not sure about it, how about removing the bow?

giddynici said...

I think the hat looks great! It really works with the colours in the outfit. x

La Dama said...

You make the hat look good ,but I know what you mean,something is missing.
maybe if you made it into something else a bag.
your fashion skills and colors made the hat.especially love your bag,looks like a Mexican leather purse.
I noticed your wearing brown lipstick too,look great amor.

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

The hat is bonkers but it works for you that's for sure. You really do pull it off but then again, I reckon you would pull most things off.

Crystal Lee said...

I love the hat! I'd totally wear it. It especially looks good with your hair down. I knew you'd love Absolutely Fabulous, seems right up your alley!

seƱora Allnut said...

love the hat colors and how they match with the whole outfit and your color hair, such an autumnal color combo!
but I agree with you, there's something not completely Great about this hat (the bow?), but it's still nice!
besos

Franca said...

hhhm, it is quite odd, isn't it! It's quite high, almost like a top hat! maybe if the bow came off?

I'm so in the swap if its happening!

WendyB said...

I give the hat two thumbs up!

Alex said...

Ooh I love it! But then I am always very partial to you with your hair down anyway, so that probably helps add to the overall fabulousness.

The swap thing sounds really interesting. I'm not exactly super crafty but keep me posted on it and I'll see what I can do.

Louise said...

Love the frock. I went through this whole period of not liking paisley prints, but now I think they are fab, and your dress is the proof. It's fabuloso! xxx

Smashingbird said...

Oooh I'd love to do a swap thing. I love the hat, feathers are gorge!

Fanny Pinkleton said...

It works,it really works :)

Bonnie said...

I do like the hat. The band reminds me of pheasant feathers that crafty ladies in Hawaii make for their own hats. Anyway, I am interested in the exchange however I have no ideas as when I get home my brain is always fried. I must ruminate with the emphasis on RUMinate!

xo. Bonnie

Miss Claire said...

You a'workin that hat! Love love LOVE the frock too!!! Awesome colours!! x

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dearest Helga, what a great outfit! It's the least bright colour I've ever seen you in but I love it. The hat is fab and so is the paisley xx