All creatures drunk, soft and small


Friday night.

I was too excited to remember to take an outfit pic, and hurriedly snapped this a bit later on.


Ralph arrived late Friday night from Wellington, so we all went blearily out for brunch on Saturday morning.

I say blearily because we had 2 roaming kittehs all bloody night keeping us all awake!

We went to After the Red Verandah. Formerly known as Under the Red Verandah; the main building had to be demolished post quake, and they've just started operating out of a smaller building on the property. Ralph is friends with the owners, so it meant he could also catch up with them.



I'm inspired by Mildred Roper.

I've been in ecstasy all week, watching Man About the House reruns each night at 6:30pm.

I've just bought the first series on DVD off Trade Me so I can really study the styles and fabulous decor....


Saturday night was a write off for me, as I don't deal well with interrupted sleep, so I went to bed at about 8pm, with earplugs!!!

G went out to see some bands,and Ralph watched a movie, I think.

The kitties roamed a bit, I believe, and Pebble hopped into bed with us twice!

I've been calling her Miss Pee Pee.

This morning we went out for brunch again, this time to Leinster Rd Bistro in Merivale. Most places we would ordinarily go to are closed or gone due to the quake, so we were in foreign territory. Merivale is quite posh, and apparently good for botox victim spotting! Didn't see any of those, but we had a fabulous brunch and bottle of bubbly.


I didn't have the right hat to go with my outfit, so I tried a scarf on for size.




Salmon omlette.....droooool.




G's wearing his fantasmo "Rupert the Bear" pants that he was gifted a few years back.

Then it was home to play with the kittehs......


We introduced them to fresh catnip.....




Pebble left, Harvey right.

Here's a little video of their catnip introduction.....

X



22 comments:

Kandi said...

I love your new kitties, gorgeous colours! Also loving the Mildred look, she always reminds me of my Aunt Annie, long since gone :)
Kandi x

Misfits Vintage said...

I love both of these fab outfits - especially the blue/green! Your coat is gorgeous and I adore the headscarf. And look at you with your lovely friend - your hair matches!

Wish I were there with you having fun.

Love, Sarah xxx

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Aw, the cats are so cute! And love the blue and green on you - no-one rocks that combo like you!
xx

Kitty said...

My dear you are looking even more boobalicious than ever!@! Speaking of Mildred Roper I've been thinking about the 70s outfits on that show this week and have planned for next week a couple of outfit posts around that theme already, eek! New kitties are really big!!!!!!

VainGlorySinner said...

Love your blue and green outfit and of course that handbag!

Awww kitties! So cute and playful. Looks like you've got your hands full! It's a nightmare wondering what one naughty kitty is up to let alone 2! Catnip is great. I use dried catnip on my cat and she rolls about in it on the floor like crazy.. makes a hell of a mess though!

You should try catnip bubbles with them! They go down a treat!

Enjoy the kittehs! xxx

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I love the Mildred look! Ah kitties so cute!

Smashingbird said...

Kitties! I love that you colour coordinated your look to the venue, I do like your blue tights too. Have a fab one x

Miss Claire said...

Oh my gosh, the kitty cats! They are so cute and curious. I didn't know what carnip was until I looked it up just then...hehe no wonder they are sneeking up on it!! I love that your outfit matched the paintings in the background at the restaurant...Beautiful colours! I like the scarf.

Lots of love to you and the kittens Xoxox

Oh and to G in his groovy pants! :)

señora Allnut said...

love your red and mustard outfit and your Mildred inspiration (I'm a huge fan of the series!!)
I'm glad you're having a great weekend, with delightful brunch and bubbly!! and also love your green and blue ensemble, your coat and your video!, what a funny laugh you have!!
besos & kitties

La Dama said...

Your Mildred outfit look is awesome,love the blue/yellow tights.mmmm love the breakfast.
kittys are so darn playful.love your laugh amor.

Perdita said...

Cute kittehs and LOVE your tights... super super cool!

Rose&Bird said...

Great outfits and cute cats!

I noticed the pictures in the background in Leinster Road Bistro - that's my favourite painting - Tiger In A Tropical Storm (Surprised), by Henri Rosseau x

heidisadventures said...

I really enjoyed the kitties video. The cats are fab, but your laughter made it a delight. by the way, the fringe looks great on you. xxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Yup, adore the green and blue. Sweet kitties.

Used to love Man about the House, must look for the dvd on ebay.

Llara is the Little Scribbler said...

Aw, the kitties are so cute! I am SO allergic to cats it's ridiculous. However, I am still a fan of them. Awesome outfits as always - loving all the colour.

Also, just to let you know, I have tagged you in a Kreative Blogging (it's spelt that way - I take no responsibility for that!) thang I got tagged on. Feel free to give it a bash if you fancy. If not, or if you've already done it, I shan't be offended! http://little-scribbler.blogspot.com/2011/04/kreative-blogger-award-kreative.html

lady sélénite said...

A lot of beautiful outfits in this post ! I love the clashes of colors you make !
http://selenite.weebly.com

La Dama said...

oh btw "G Man" is looking rather daper,he reminds of the Australian guy Desmond for the show "Lost".

Hannah said...

Your laugh is so cute!! xx

Terri said...

the breakfast looks delicious...and the catnip video is a hoot.

Penny Dreadful said...

Awwww, so cute. And you funny little giggle, heehee! xx

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Loving every outfit you put together! The red dress with the red polka dot blouse under with the yellow tights I THOUGHT was genius, UNTIL I saw the brilliant green/blue/light blue with tan shoes ensemble that should get a Nobel prize for expert color combination. Wow. You are a magi in the color mix department.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Helga sweetie, I'm so glad you decided to tie one on;). I like meself a bit of a green headscarf too and I want to come to CC to steal your green dress - oh yes I am!!!! Mildred Roper rocks!!! I'm gasping for breath at the sight of your dress and the yellow tights!!!! Arrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxo