Raining cats and dogs-well, cats, anyway !


Yep.

It's pissing down.

Makes for a cozy day-except I got up early to see Gillian off, and go with Justine to a shoe liquidation sale at Addington Racecourse.

It was shite!

Liquidation, my ass.

We consoled ourselves with a nice coffee at a new cafe, and a look around Sydneham Savemart. I tried on 2 awesome frocks, but neither fit my booboids. I was tempted to have a tanty, but thought better of it, as I did at least get a pair of shoes for a whole $8. Plus a sweet scarf clip. Justine picked up a winter white furry bomber jacket, which she was very happy with.


I wore:

Frock-Rangiora Musical Society sale last year

Cardi-Dotti sale

Tights-The Warehouse

Shoes-Trade Me

Handbag-vintage, Shabby Chic Market

Necklace-vintage, opshopped

Hair ornament-gift from Justine

Belt-opshopped

Earrings-gift from Justine



When I got home, Harvey wanted a snuggle.

Soooo cute!



For band practice last night, I decided upon a motherload of cocktail rings.

From left to right:

Gifted from Kitty , gifted from Sarah , once belonged to G's nana


From left to right:

Gifted from Kitty, gifted from Nicole, gifted from a lovely reader!


I wasn't in the mood for frocking up, so I wore a favourite caftan, gifted from my beloved Vix .

Also a flower from Chinatown markets in Sydney ( a few years ago) and huge hoop earrings.

Note-whilst I've been typing away, Harvey and Miss Pee Pee have cuddled up beside me, cleaned each other, and are now snoozing in each others "arms".

EEEK!


Essential band practice supplies.

I was most noble, and played sober driver.

I like to offer, especially as G had a full on week at work and needed a blow out, but I always get tired and grumpy!

What a cow!


I dribbled over Nix's new guitar necessities case.

How cool is it?!


I wore this necklace, which I have had forever......can't even remember where I got it.

I suspect I got it on my first trip to London in 1989, but I really not sure.


Relaxing between songs.


We are trying to get a small, rocky-ish set together for our next gig; Good Vibrations #2.


Nix got bored with there being no venues after the quake.


None that were still standing, anyway!


So, she decided to find somewhere to play, and the Canterbury Bowling Club was willing to open their doors! They can't bowl, as the grounds are fecked, but the clubrooms are fine, and have a bar! So Good Vibrations #1 was held last weekend-I didn't go, as I wanted to stay home with the kittehs-but G did, and apparently it was an excellent night! Our Nix is a mover and a shaker-lucky for Loafer, as the rest of us are bloody not!


So.


Some awesome encouragement and tips from you all about crochet!!


Thanks!


Looks like I have a couple of tutorials to look at, as well as my books. I should be fine. I just hope I get it quickly-I have high expectations, and get fecked off when I don't get the hang of something straight away!


O, Claire , sweetie, Miss Pee Pee was head first in the box cos G put her there!!!


Sarah , my electric avenue telephone rocker, we so could Skype a crochet lesson!


Cool idea, will advise when I find a ball of wool. And I will try and remeber to show you yesterday's frock without the cardi, etc.


Alex , darl, it's my personal mission to brainwash you into loving pink!


Sue , baby, you better believe it!!!


Hannah-there are crochet hook sizes?!


Georgia Rose , URL changed!


Whoop!


Tonight we have a 40th birthday party to go to, 1971 is the theme!


I think I know what I will wear.........


Right now there is a doco on about Paris in the early 20th century, and they are looking at man Ray and Kiki de Montparnesse-one of my many, many interests!


I shall have another vodka/tonic and watch it, I think!


X

22 comments:

Kitty said...

What is it about your blog that makes me want to start drinking?! Don't take that the wrong way- prob its coz your blog is always so fun, I always love hearing about what you're up to. Glad you're enjoying the rings I sent you, I might have missed the mark with those last 2 dresses though.xx.

Georgia Rose said...

OH MY GOD. That dress, it is amazing! What a find!

I just checked out Good Vibrations 2 and it definitely looks like the kind of thing I would enjoy! I'll try to round up a group of friends and hit it up.

sacramento said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, my dear Helga I have fallen in love with your green dress, your bag, your jewellery, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.You are so much fun and joy, my dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

delia hornbook said...

wow your so busy i would love to sit in on one of your jamming sessions ;-) I love the green dress its the music notes there so cute and that bag is lush ;-)) Cant wait to see what you wear for your 70's party have a great time i know you will ;-) dee x

Hannah said...

tehe, epic rings! you can never have to many! Yes, of course there are sizes, haha, sometimes they have a letter from the alphabet, or a number. And in the UK,single crochet is america's double crochet- or is it the other way around... Hah! don't let me put you of! Its actually super easy, (First lesson is best with a gin and tonic to go)
=) shhh

Straight Talking Mama! said...

I am loving those cocktail rings!! Fabulous! And your life is so full of fun, how amazingly fabulous :o)

VainGlorySinner said...

What a fab dress! Love the musical notes ;D and the polka shoes are yummy! The ring from a lovely reader is also very gorgeous.. so many pretty things, not enough describing words!

Cute kitty lap warmer.. everyone should have one!

BTW.. I love your mustard coloured sofa! xxx

Perdita said...

Those rings, such sparkle! Even on a dully day, you're bringing so much sunshine into our bloggy world! Gawsh!!

Shewearscrazywell said...

Seriously...in that first pic...that dress...those stockings..that handbag...should all be duplicated immediately and magically appear in my closet. Of course....you look amazing in it all!!! Hearts, Janna Lynn

IMAN said...

Beats across the boobs is super. That dress is truly one of a kind.

Psycho Sue- Sew Misunderstood said...

my band in the states is having hard times getting gigs these days too. the economy is shite, so places dont book like they used to and there are 300 bands gunning for the same bars. totally pissy! hope to see pics and a video of you at your next gig. i would really go mad over seeing you in them!

liz said...

Musical note green dress = yes please! It's always fun to visit here. :)

YvonneSedition said...

Love that dress! xx

La Dama said...

You know I want all your vestidos, especially that green musical notes,the color and cut is gorgeous,fits you like a glove amor.
I been drinking mango drinks today with sol beer.
oh want to see vids of your rockin and singing.
have a good time!

Alex said...

Huzzah! I am such a fan of that gorgeous musical notes frock. It deserves to be worn more often but then you have so many amazing dresses that I could say that about.

ps - You shall not do it! I will NEVER like pink!!

Misfits Vintage said...

I love EVERYTHING especially the beautiful green frock (that shade is so beautiful esp with your hair!) and that FABULOUS handbag and the caftan (full length shot please?!) and the cocktail rings (esp the blue and the floral ones!).

Grab yourself a 5 or 6 mm hook and some 8 ply wool and let's skype!!

Looks as though you are having a fun weekend!

Telephone and kisses,

Sarah xxx

Dusk said...

...sigh... I love EVERYTHING! What you're wearing (the caftan!), the rings, your glorious colours, your sexxxaaaayyy eyes... your attitude, rcok star spunk attitude... just everything!

Miss Peregrin said...

That green frock is probably my favourite of all your frocks so far! I just adore the colour, and the music notes print. Plus, how adorable are your kitties? Love!

lady sélénite said...

I love the outfit with the green musical dress, beau-ti-ful !!!
http://selenite.weebly.com

giddynici said...

Love the green musical dress, it's fab! And yay for another gig, good luck with it. x

Terri said...

I love the color and the detail on this frock!

The Sequin Cat said...

First outfit is smashing! Love you Ms von Trollop!