That miraculous disco glow


Not sure what was going on with the camera, but I loooove the glow effect!

We had a great time at the party last night.

It was a typical party situation for us, though.

It was a case of "to make disco, add G and Helga".

It was as flat as a pancake when we arrived, which was about 8:30ish.

The birthday girl, Alannah, is a former neighbour of ours.

(we have great relationships with neighbours)

She lives, nowadays, in Burwood, off Lake Terrace Rd.

Lake Terrace Rd is a favourite area of ours, as it was built up in the 70's, and looks like Bradyville! It's freaky, but in a good way.

Now, admittedly, we'd had a nasty 5.3 aftershock at about 5:50pm (which startled the hell out of me, mostly because I was sitting under the remains of the chimney and was rained upon with bits of wall and cornicing) , and that upset many people, in addition to bringing on the demolition of a Victoria St building, so, fair cop that the atmosphere was a little....flat when we arrived. But Alannah had gone to tremendous trouble to make a great party, providing loads of nibbles, a margarita slushie machine, loads of fab lighting and great music.

So, G and I got on in there and did our best and had a groooovy time!



Here's Alannah and G getting down.

I love her frock.

Shame she's so tiny, or I'd flog it!



Alannah and her 20 yr old son, Ben.



As the birthday girl, Alannah had the obligatory costume change.

O, how I would love to see a white pillbox hat, handbag and shoes with this frock!!!

To Alannah's right, outside, is her friend Judith. Judith was wearing the most scrumptious turuoise 60's frock.jacket, very Jackie O, and was carrying a pristine white Rex handbag!!!!

The hilarious thing is that G spotted the Rex!!!

Now, she'd bought handbag & suit for $2 each.....and didn't see them as more than a fancy dress costume......and seemed a bit stunned when I said that I wear this shit all the time, and that I would gladly buy her outfit off her!

I slipped my number into her handbag when she left, so I hope I hear from her!


My boy wore his safari suit with a fabulous crimlene top.

Mmmmmmm.


Here's a gooey kitteh pic!


hahahahaha


Kitty , I don't know what it is about my blog that makes you want to drink, but I usually am when I doing it........!!!


I wear all the frocks you've sent me! You have been totally on the mark!


Hannah , the crochet hook reads 4.50 DISC 7


Does that make any sense?!


Meep!


Sarah - does that crochet hook measurement make sense to you too?!


I'll get some wool this week; might have to buy it new.


EEK!


***


We've just had G's Mama and her boarder over for a roast lunch. The kittehs performed beautifully.


I'm a little plastered now, and it's raining, so I think I'll settle on in for some relaxing tele......


X

22 comments:

Shewearscrazywell said...

Hee hee! You and the boy look swwweeet! My new dreadlocks match your dress! No one wears vintage like you...you look amazing in those pics! Hearts, Janna Lynn

Kitty said...

Mwah ha ha ha! See, it's now 2pm as I write this and I'm reading your blog and I want champagne again! Again! Maybe it's all this fun partying stuff you show us that gets me in the drinking mood. glad the dresses are okay for you, I need a shirt or something to go under the brown one you sent me so I can wear it in winter at the shop. I have a ton of wool sitting around here, will send it over for you.xx.

señora Allnut said...

love all that party pics, with such pretty&handsome friends, and love the disco glow effect, you're shining as stars!!
thank you for sharing all that fun!!
besos

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Glad your fabulous turquoise glow of party readiness got the celebrations started! And am greatly admiring the fact that even earthquakes and impromptu showers of masonry don't dampen your spirit :-)

Your friend Alannah looks like great fun
x

Dusk said...

You are glowing!!! and ohh yes I did worry when i heard about the quake and aftershocks but you... are a force of nature yourself so of course you would shake up any place that needed to be all shook up!

You look sooooo tall in that pic with Alannah in the red. I hope that Judith calls!

Ivy Black said...

See, that's your inner glow coming out!!
I did wonder how it was with the aftershocks, but I'm glad to see yo all ok and on fine party form.
xxx

Scarlett Fontaine said...

Glad all ok - looks like you had an amazing time :o) Scarlett x

Miss Peregrin said...

You all look smashing! I love the pics of you & G together - adorable!

lady sélénite said...

oh Helga ! What is this glowing light ? You must have super powers I'm sure !
http://selenite.weebly.com

Straight Talking Mama! said...

The glowing light makes the pics look fabulous! Oh I know what is it about when people buy stuff real cheap for a costume and it's fabulous, still at least you might get her dress!

Cute kittie pic!

giddynici said...

Haha great disco glow!!! Good on you 2 for getting the party going. x

La Dama said...

I love your Royal Queen dress, the glowy affect make the your fotos more beutiful.
I can imagine you two could light a room in an instant. G Man is looking good in his outfit.

Rose&Bird said...

Great outfits! Was it hot or cold in the room - I guess the glow thing might be condensation on the camera lens?
Scary times with the aftershocks, glad you are all ok though. You know how they say some people are the life and soul of the party - I think that must be you and G!

Rose&Bird said...

P.S. I just looked on ebay for Rex handbags - the prices are a bit mad! Also LOVE your bag from yesterday's post - I adore anything with flowers on it!

Smashingbird said...

You are a vision in blue my love, and G's shoes are awesome! If all else fails DISCO!!!

Louise said...

It's a good job you were around to inject that Helga party mojo. I love that frock on you, it's such a gorgeous colour. You and G both look fabulous! xxx

hookedonlove said...

Looks to me like you got something smeared on the lens... Let me guess G has been doing god-knows-what with your camera?

Misfits Vintage said...

You are the party-disco-angel all glowy and heavenly in that frock! I ADORE G's shoes (close up???) and how marvellous that you all went ahead with the party, despite chimney dust and drama. I just can't imagine how stressful and alarming the aftershocks must be. How long are they expected to continue, darling??

4.5 is the width of the crochet hook in mm. The smaller the hook, the smaller the yarn you need and the slower your work will progress. That's why I think it's better to start with a larger hook and wool so you can satisfy that need for instant gratification!!

Telephone love Sarah xxx

Hannah said...

the dress is amazing! you look the you were the life of the party! ;)

Most Nz store sell crochet hooks by thier size in mm.4.5 is a good size for wool, like double knit ect.You can get sizes up to 10, which is pretty big. I think i 4.5 o 5 are good for making crochet flowers, YAY what are you going to make first?

Vintage Coconut said...

That looks like one HELLA-FUN Birthday party!
And such a cute pic of the kitties.

Terri said...

Aftershocks and disco? I'm loving Ben and G.'s shirts...and glad you could be the life of the party.

Alex said...

No way is she old enough to have a 20 year old son! She looks amazing in both frocks.

Crikey, that aftershock sounds scary. Are you ok?