Gush, blush and Squealies


It wasn't the most exciting day on record.

But......

I came home to some very exciting goodies indeed!!!


A parcel of wonderfulness from my beloved Vix !!!

All manner of delights; jewellery, nail varnish, the most incredible postcard I have EVER seen, warm undergarments, a perfectly fitting 2 piece.............and the piece de resistance.........a sublime vintage shower cap!!!

I'm in frigging ecstasy!



In addition, I received a parcel from the States!

G and I received bonuses from work!

So, I figured a treat or two was quite reasonable as well as paying off a little debt........

I went shopping for the first time on Etsy!

I got the most darling handbag and vintage hat thingy from Fancy Fine!
There are a couple of other things I got from another seller, which I shall reveal in due course.

Well, over the weekend, most likely.


Wearing:

Frock-opshopped and fixed a little. I've decided that I don't think I like it after all.

Belt-opshopped in Welly

Petticoat-opshopped

Tights-white fishnets over flesh colour tights, Love to Dance and Ballantynes respectively

Shoes-opshopped

Hairflower-made by my beloved Vix

Cat pendant-opshopped



Thank you all so much for the lovely compliments regarding my hair!!!!

Y'know, I actually don't really feel dressed unless it's up!

That is a big reason why I don't wear it out much!

Plus, it's really fine, and can look very straggly unless it's freshly washed. Which it was!

I'm encouraged to wear it out a bit more!!

Although it usually ends up in plaits a lot over Winter, as it knots so very easily under hats and scarves!

O, and I was thrilled to see that some of you either had or have kitty jewellery similar or identical to this pendant!!! I can't believe I've never seen the like before! I'm rather enamoured with it bobbing around over my booboids!!!

We recorded Downton Abbey last night, so we can skip the ads.

I'm very much looking forward to it!!!

Hurrah!

X

22 comments:

Smashingbird said...

Don't you look fab as always! Loving the petticoat. What a fab load of goodies too! xxx

Ivy Black said...

Srumptious as ever!
Lovely lot of goodies you have there. Vix nails it absolutely.
I like a bit of Etsy shopping you can find some proper gems.
Have a lovely rest of week.
xxx

Kitty said...

I quite like that dress, particularly the neckline..BUT I AM FAAAR MORE JEALOUS OF THE HANDBAG!!!!!! Its completely fabulous, of course, I have a AMJOR thing for wicker bags, can't you tell? I love 'straight to the pool room', and the fact that you found a link for it, awesome. I'm dying to know how many of your readers will get that one!

Scarlett Fontaine said...

Amazing lot of goodies! Lucky ducky! Scarlett x

Rachel - Firebird said...

What a haul of loot! Plus bonuses! Lucky Helga. Be careful on Etsy though, it can be addictive... x

Vintage Vixen said...

The Castle is one of the best films ever! Hoorah!
You look sooooo cute in the floral frock, pastel tights and hair flower. I love the ETSY bag and I can't wait to see the shower cap in action.
I hope G behaves himself with the latest safety pants.
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kelly said...

What a box of delights! The shower cap definitely need a pool room outing! :)
Love that little handbag!

xx

Trees said...

Yah! Mail from afar always makes my day too:)

VainGlorySinner said...

Ooo what gorgeous gifts! I especially like the shower cap and warm undergarments.. I hope we'll be getting a flash of those!

You were so right to treat yourself to that super cute kitschy handbag! It's amaaziiiiing! I've just recently got a new handbag in the posty too! Oh yessss nothing beats a new handbag! xxx

Penny Dreadful said...

Oooh Helga YOU BITCH! I was going to buy that bag from Fancy Fine and when I clicked the link it was already sold. It was you! I'll forgive you, just this once. xx

Psycho Sue- Sew Misunderstood said...

You look cute in the dress, i like that its a bit shorter and we can see your nice legs! And yes you should wear your hair down more, it's very sexy down. xxx

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh - you don't love the frock? I think you look bloody GORGEOUS in it! But of course, as our Vix says, if you don't feel FABULOUS in it then get rid of it!

I am INSANELY JEALOUS of the wicker basket - it's DIVINE!

AND of your fantastic parcel of wonder from Vix - the shower cap is bloody marvellous and I can't wait to see whatever that treasure is with the blue flowers on!

Sarah xxx

Shewearscrazywell said...

Wow!!! You got some treasure, lady! Sweeeet!! I love that picture with you going ga ga over your goods! Hee hee! hearts, Janna Lynn

Comtesse de ferveur said...

I have a few kitty bits and bobs, I ought to do a special! You look quite delightful and your new handbag is smashing. Isn't the nail polish a great shade of blue? xxxxx

Vintage Coconut said...

Thanks for putting a laugh in my morning with that silly face picture you added in the post. Very unexpected!

I LOVE THAT WICKER PURSE!!!!
Sheesh I need to find myself one of those.. I swear Canada is all out fo them or something. hahaha

Perdita said...

Look at you with your foxy little skirt. Sexilishus (I just made that word up, so it's spelt right m'kay?).

Do I spy a Spanish postcard with a fabric skirt? I used to FREAKING LOVE THOSE as a child. Any time we (or anyone) went to spain I would stock up!

Alex said...

Ooh that BAG! I am well jealous - it's gorgeous! I do have a rather cute vintage wicker bag of my own that's due an appearance on the blog so I suppose I shouldn't be too jealous.

Dunno if I've missed it during my weekend absence but do we know where the tote is up to now?

delia hornbook said...

Just look at your gorgeous legs ;-)) I think the dress is really cute. And i love the color of those shoes. What a lovely parcel to receive and that bag is a real beauty and soooo cute ;-)) Enjoy Down town Abby, dee xx

Debbie Baker Burns said...

I absolutely love that white wicker purse with the bright accents!

Nelly said...

How wonderfly exciting all those goodies I am partial to that bag bet it will be seen lots and lots from now on.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

You hair is gorgeous up or down. Mine goes like rats tails but I'm used to it.

That bag is stunning xx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

PS. Hope you love Downton Abbey