Slightly frenzied, but not delirious


G and I are off to Wellington for a long weekend tomorrow night.

I'm unable to escape the panic,despite the fact that we don't have to leave the house until 8pm.

I just feel that if I get everything done tonight, tomorrow night will be cruisey!

A prime mission tonight is to henna my hair.

I can't go to NZ's capital city with grey roots!

Good heavens, what are you thinking?!


We stopped at the local supermarket on the way home to make sure we are fully stocked with kitteh supplies for the catsitter.

Wearing:

Frock-from my Sydney escapade!

Jacket-vintage, gifted

Tights-The Warehouse

Petticoat-opshopped

Belt-opshopped

Boots-vintage, Trade Me

Handbag-vintage, opshopped

Hair flower-gifted by Justine and Pixie


Then we came home to find 2 parcels on the doorstep!

These goodies that I bought off Trade Me for a song, and a bundle of wool, a large crochet hook and a couple of cardi's from darling Kitty !

Hurrah!

You know what this means.

I have to take my finger out of my arse and really learn to crochet.

I can do it!!!

(even if I bitch and moan and carry on)

Yowza!

X

20 comments:

Georgia Rose said...

That dress is just amazing!

Rose&Bird said...

Great outfit, especially love the jacket. I like the vintage patterns - I have a few myself.

I know the feeling about having too much to do before you go away, somehow I always seem to still be doing something as I'm leaving!

Have a great weekend away x

Vintage Vixen said...

I know the feeling! Everything's such a hasssle before I go off on a trip...roots, kittens, what to pack, what shoes, earrings, lipstick....arghhhh!
I'm sure it will all come together and you'll do us proud in Wellington, showing those big city dwellers how to be fabulous.
That dress is a stunner, are you packing it?
Love you (so wonderful to chat yesterday)
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Smashingbird said...

I'd love to learn to crochet, let us know how you get on! x

Ronnie Rabbit said...

Have a great trip and you look great in that coat, fab tights too!

Miss Peregrin said...

Ugh, getting ready for trips is such a trial! Luckily you already have looking fabulous covered. I wonder how the little kitties will go without you for a while? I stayed at my friend's place last weekend, and my boyfriend says my cat stalked the house, meowing to be let behind every closed door to search for me, poor thing!

delia hornbook said...

Loving those boots. How exciting a trip ;'-)) Have loads of fun and look forward to the stories after ;-)) Great patterns there isnt one there that i would not like to have myself. Its funny crochet is one thing i was determined to do this year and so far its not to bad well its ok i will get there. Good luck with it and have fun to the best thing i think. dee x

hookedonlove said...

Can't wait to see you guys!

Misfits Vintage said...

You look so MARVELLOUS in that frock love - I just adore the colours! Why do I not have a green hair flower??? You looks just so beautiful.

PLEASE remember to take LOADS of pics on your big adventure! We'll miss you!

Loveandpickles, Sarah xxx

Perdita said...

Adore that vibrant colour, it suits you so well. :) I second the request for many, may pictures (all very sober and serious, of course...).

La Dama said...

You gorgeous pink dress wearing biatch, have fun amor.
I hate packing Buddy is doing all the my packing as usual.
yes, we want to lots of fotos mi lovely.

Alex said...

Of course you can do it! I look forward to seeing the colourful results :)

Have a fab time on your trip my lovely. I hope there is much op-shopping planned!

Ashley Ording said...

That jacket is amaaazing! And I've got a karaoke photo for you coming up soon, the nagging worked! ;)

Hannah said...

Wellington! Oh you lucky thing! Do have a good time, go shopping and buy lots of wonderfull things! =)
Im hoping to win some vintage patterns of trade me to!

Ivy Black said...

Have lots of fun and shop till you drop!
xxx

Ivy Black said...

Have lots of fun and shop till you drop!
xxx

Nicole Needles said...

Great dress1 I always feel frezied too before a holiday - so many outfits and accessories to coordinate! Have a lovely time.

lady sélénite said...

I love this fluffy jacket !
http://selenite.weebly.com

the Citizen Rosebud said...

you CAN do it- you are Helga Von Trollop, dammit! And I love this outfit. Want to wear this outfit. xo. -Bella Q

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

I can't wait to see what you crochet! How brilliant xx