Geriatric Lovin'


It's true.

The elderly love me.

Especially the men.

I popped out for some groceries today, and whilst looking for a french stick, an elderly man came up to me....

"I just wanted to say that I like your colours, you look lovely"

Me:"O, thank you,that's very sweet!"

Elderly gent:"I've seen you around before"

Me:"O, have you?"

Elderly gent:"Yes, and your red tights are very sexy!"

Me:"Oooo,I'm blushing now, thank you very much!!"


I really did blush, which is a rare occurence for me!


Curtise, darling, I don't think I could ever relinquish my Queen of Matchy-Matchy crown.....!!!

As you can see, I'm fairly co-ordinated today, but am trying very hard to follow Desiree's lead!

Frock-Vix

Coat (on arm)-bought from a former co-worker years ago

Scarf (on arm)-opshopped

Hnadbag-vintage, opshopped

Crochet vest-Vix Or was it Sarah?! Shit!

Tights-retail

Shoes-retail

Red cardi-opshopped

Yellow necklace-Max

Brooch-gift from G

Earrings-gift from Justine

Beret-vintage, opshopped.


I must confess, however, to being a shameless flirt around elderly gents.


They love it!


I figure the poor sweet buggers need a thrill, and they are so wonderfully complimentary!


It's the least I can do.


Justine is repulsed by the fact that her 80+ year old father flirts mercilessly with me every time I see him, and he even copped a feel one day!


I thought she was going to cry!


I just laughed my arse off!



It's a little glarey!

So, last night we had a lovely dinner at Mr Kahn's; I wore the frock from Nelly, and one of her bows, plus my new beret.....but I didn't get very good pix. I will post them, however, for your perusal in a day or so.

The frock is heavenly; a little big which is a frigging miracle!!!

I'll take it in a smidge, but it was perfect to pop a couple of layers under last night, as we were out on our bikes in the cold.

Tonight I am hosting a girls night, with Justine and Jo.

We are going to get out the pasta machine!!!

And probably get rather pissed.
X

19 comments:

OP SHOP MAMA said...

Hee hee hee.. Maybe it's coz you carry a vintage handbag and a shawl Lol

Looking great as usual. Matchy matchy or not!
x

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Aw about the old guy!

I'm matchy matchy and I ain't changing my ways for no one, I love how you look and I love the matchy thing, but then I guess I would!

Louise said...

Oh Helga, they could never let us loose in an old people's home, you see I'm just like you and get lots of attention from elderly gentlemen. Lol. Brightens up their day though, darlings. Xx

Nelly said...

LOl bet he will say hello everytime now.You will have to wear differnt coloured stockings each time.
Shame the dress was too big least you can make it the perfect shape for the girls I am so happy you liked it choosing was hard.

Sharon said...

So glad you made the elderly gentlemans day LOL And no wonder, since you look fab as usual!

I always seem to attract the attention of elderly West Indian chaps ~ I can only assume they are drawn to my plenty-to-grab figure LOL

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

PHWOARRRRRR!! Boy if my grandad (Burt Munro) was alive he'd be singing your praises and giving you a mighty tight cuddle - he was famous for his lady squeezes the randy ole bugger;)). I love the old gents, they love a bit of a frock don't they - you are gorgeousness personified and I am giving today's combo a lotta LOVIN'!!!!!!! MWAH! MWAH! MWAH! xoxoxo

Vix said...

I can't say I blame those elderly geezers, perving at you and your fabulousness. That frock is magnificent with the red accessories.
Have a rocking girlie night with the ladies.
Monday, my sweet!
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxx

Misfits Vintage said...

I remember buying that vest and thinking you'd look bloody fabulous in it - and YOU DO!

I do love your ensemble today and mister was right - the red tights are very sexy. I also love your beret and hairdo - very glam!

I'm hetero and I could barely kee omy hands off you, so no wonder all the Dads try to cop a feel.

Loveandcrochet, Sarah xxx

lady sélénite said...

I love this association of colors and every details in this outfit !
http://selenite.weebly.com

Bonnie said...

I love everything about your outfit, color, print, everything! I'm somewhat afraid to ask, because I'm afraid of the answer (!) but what is a french stick???

Arohanui, Bonnie

pastcaring said...

Hee hee, her Majesty Queen Helga reigns supreme!
Looking good, Your Maj, very good, not surprised the old codger fancied you. Who wouldn't?
Those tights are indeed hot hot hot, dress is fab, cardi is crochet-tastic, and the complete ensemble is beautifully co-ordinated. Of course.

Tell Justine to look the other way and put her fingers in her ears while you flirt with her dad. Bet he lerrrrrves you!

Have fun tonight, hoping for pix of that lovely pasta machine again. Now that's what I call an accessory!

La Dama said...

Helgita,
thats sweet of the old guy. lots of old men flirt with me ,but I see them as pervy. I prefer the nice old gents. I can see why cause of your vintage frocks and sexpot nature.
love your yellow necklace amor.
have fun geting plastered hun.
besos

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

I totally understand the old-man-flirting/magnet. They are so sweet, plus if they get out of hand or cross the line you could handle it.

You look smashing! Love the guest visit by kitty.

I think its great that you write about getting 'pissed'. My mom just tisk-tisked me for writing about alcohol to much in my blog. I still have no idea how she found my blog in the first place. Ugh.

Have fun tonight!! Michelle ;)

Terri said...

What a wonderful story! Now I want an older man to say the same to me.

My DH has been grey since his late 20s. Older men are attracted to him because they think he is their age and amazingly vigorous. Looks deceive.

Vintage Coconut said...

You be careful out there Helga! There is tons of senior citizens out there.. they may follow you home.. wanting to see what other colors of tights you have. LOL

Trees said...

Ha ha ha - great story! I makes me giggle that he made you blush :D Love your little handbag - very cute!

Miss Claire said...

I adore your matchy-matchy-ness! You look divine. And you had me in giggles about the old fella! Oh and poor Justine!! Oh well, they're harmless, aren''t they :) I have an old man who sits behind me in orchestra....he serenades me and says embarrassingly darling things all of the time. I even got a letter from him while he's in Prague! What man my age would do that? So I think they are sweet old things :)

Lots of love to you helga, hope your head's feeling alright this morning! Xoxoxoxox

Trees said...

I gave you an award on my blog - because you're fabulous!

Rae said...

I'm with you on the elderly gents! And I'm glad to so see you are keeping them happy with your fabbyiness (I mean that in the nicet way)! Love your crochet gilet/vest with the felt flower