I frocking love Friday's-but who doesn't?!


Well, hi there!!

Glory be to the power of Fridays, and Friday's ability to jerk even the sourest puss out of a slump!


Out there is the bitterest wind.......

My coat I call the Coat of Indeterminate Colour.

I can't make up my mind if it is grey, brown, or what!

Nix gave it to me, it's quite unusual. Modern, but with a slight 20's feel to it.

It did the trick today, though, in keeping the chill off my chest.


My hair mound blew over in the wind, dammit!

I loathe a lopsided bouffant!

Frock-vinatge, Rozelle Market

Cardi-opshopped

Collar-vintage, opshopped

Belt-garage sale

Petticoat-vintage, opshopped

Tights-Vix

Shoes-Trade Me

Handbag-vintage, opshopped

Sunglasses-Etsy


The earrings were a gift from G, and he also bought me the top necklace, we got it in the markets in Vientiane (Laos) many years ago.

The bottom necklace is a swordfish eye!

It's fecking heavy; I once gave myself an enormous bruise from drunken boogie-ing with it on.


There you go, a little glimpse of cleave!!!

On my way home I popped into the local opshop for a nosey, and was happy enough to come away with this bowl.....


......and this knitted beret and funky skirt......



But then upon my doorstep was not one but two parcels!


One bearing these fab glittery Mary Janes I scored from Trade Me for $8......


..... .the other bearing many delicious goodies from sweetheart Nelly!!!

I squealed up a storm!

There's a gorgeous frock, an Indian inspired tunic, bows!, shoe bows,a darling knitted neck warmer, a book on lingerie, a cute book of witticisms and a some ties and a hanky for G!!!

OMG!

EEEK!

Thank you so much, lovely lady!!!


Well, I think that solves the WTF will I wear out to dinner at our friend Dave K's tonight!!!

X

22 comments:

Nelly said...

I hope G squeeled too whan he saw his pressies lol looking forward to seeing the dress on you

Frocktasia said...

Dearest Helga,
I love the turquoise shoes teamed withlilac tights, very Desiree ;)
That swordfish eye necklace is a wonder to behold, I love it!
How very sweet of Nelly to not only send you some fabby goodies but to keep your uber groovy man in mind too. I'd love to see a "G's wardrobe" or "G guide to dressing like suave style GOD" post sometime. I am rather jealous of the fact that your G embraces style & funky threads like no other bloggest better half that I know of....G man YOU ROCK!
Hope you will both have a deightful weekend!
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx

Kitty said...

Oh wow I'm so jealous of those red shoes, I want some toooooooo!!!!!
Go Nelly, great gifts!

Louise said...

I got so excited because your new shoes are EXACTLY the same as my beloved ruby slippers. Good taste! I love the fish eye necklace, that's so unusual.

Have a great weekend glamourpuss. Xx

OP SHOP MAMA said...

You could click your heels together in those shoes and end up in Kansas. Fabulous!

Perdita said...

Love those tights! Too bad it's chilly though. :( We have sunshine... but not for long I bet!

Lori-Lyn said...

I love your blog so dearly. That bottom necklace is incredible! XOXO.

VainGlorySinner said...

OMG! Swordfish eyeball necklace! How bizarre! It's soooo weird but I just can't take my eyes off it! Maybe it has hypnotising powers - Ooooo!

I love that orange cardigan with the furry trim - gawjus!

*SCREAMS* RED GLITTERY MARY JANES! You lucky woman you! They'd just be so perfect on you!

What a lovely parcel of goodies! I see G's pink hankie with G on it! Wonderful! xxx

sarah said...

Dearest Helga,

I just wanted to let you know how much I love reading your blog daily, always makes me smile, most times laugh out loud. I would love to have the courage to wear the clothes you wear, but have not as yet.

Please please please keep doing ur thang!!!
love
sarah
guernseygirlgetscrafty
xxx

Misfits Vintage said...

Well, it goes without saying that you are exquisite beyond belief! All of those beautiful colours together are just perfect - I especially love the tights with shoes and the orange hair flower with the pink sunnies.

AND that beret is crocheted and SUPER EASY - you could make one in less than an hour!

AND I have been LUSTING after some No Place Like Home red glitter shoes!! You will rock them like nobody's business!

Have a GORGEOUS weekend, darling!

Loveandglitteryshoes, Sarah xxx

Vix said...

I frocking love Fridays (and you), too!
I loved the pendant after I'd torn my eyes away from your magnificent cleavage!
The big hait, orchid, rocking cardi and frock are just too fabulous.
Do those divine cacti survive outside all winter?
Nelly's parcel is awesome. I need to see that many buttoned green thing on, it's gorgeous.
Love you
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Krista said...

Swordfish eyeball necklace NOWAY!!!! I love your new Dorothy slippers how you!!!! The fact that you get out there in that wind and smile for us is amazing. You look beautiful in orange!!! Boobalicious!

What great stuff from Nelly she knows what you like :)

Ivy Black said...

You look fab, love.
I'm mad for that swordfish eye necklace...absolutely stunning.
Great stuff from Nelly, she is a sweetie. Can't wait to see you in the dress. Have a great weekend.
xxxx

pastcaring said...

Ooh, lovely lovely things! What a great parcel from Nelly, and those shoes are YOU!
I love your frock, and I agree the colour combinations of dress/cardi/tights is very Desiree-inspired. Are you no longer Queen of MatchyMatchland?
Glad the coat kept the cold off the magnificent chest, don't want frozen boobage, do we?
Have a wonderful weekend!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Those ruby red Dorothy slippers are fabulosa - What finds you have made, Helgy!

I love it that the cat had to make its show-stopping appearance in the second shot, being missing from the first where you showcased the fab fuchsia skirt - Little minx ;)

Have a fun time at your soiree x

Vintage Coconut said...

LOVE ALL YOUR CACTI!
The Jewelery you adorned yourself with is very nice. You look Fabulous in the colorful outfit you put together.
WOWEE those sparkly Mary Janes are Gorgeous.

Nellys gift looks great, what cute prezzies!

Mo said...

I squealed when I saw your glasses, I bought the very same pair from a charity shop in Brighton today! x

La Dama said...

I am loving your arrays of color today amor, Swordfish necklace, how cool, love it.
fantastic pouty foto love.
ooohh mary jane glitter shes, me needs to get me some glitter,still dreaming about glitter.
How sweet of Nelly, dont you just adore blog amigas?

Trees said...

Amazing Dorothy Shoes!! JEALOUS!

Terri said...

Ruby slippers and swordfish eyes and gorgeous pink sunglasses--a feast for the eye.

Miss Peregrin said...

I love all the colour you have going on today! You look spectacular. That swordfish eye necklace has got to be the craziest piece of jewelery I have ever seen - and of course, I mean that in a good way.

Shayla said...

I thought i was in lust with the ruby slippers until i saw your swordfish eye pendant! I cant choose so you'll just have to send me both - wrapping not necessary!! Such treasures!