I'll look to the stars!


So, last night we decided to be totally outrageous and go out on a school night....
I was very keen to see homegrown talent Delaney Davidson, and the Reverend Beatman sounded rather interesting.
The gig at the Wunderbar had to cancelled, as they sustained damage (again) in the last big quake. It was re-scheduled at The Brewery, a new venue in town!



Hurrah!






Nix came along too!


The Brewery turns out to be in Woolston, an old part of Christchurch that amazingly, still has some old buildings standing!


It's a bit like a barn, and the place was bloody well packed when we arrived!


Nix and I thought it was a fine example of how starved Christchurch is for live music at the moment, being a Tuesday and all.


I love the posters.





Delaney and the Reverend (who wasn't very reverant!) played together, rather than as 2 seperate acts, and the music they were making was in a similar vein to the awesome song that plays over the opening credits of True Blood, only far swampier and more raw.



It was bloody good!



We bumped into Jo there.





I also bumped into Georgia Rose , another Christchurch blogger.



We hadn't met before, and she is so tiny and gorgeous!



It was totally worth having late-ish night for!



X

15 comments:

Louise said...

I love that sort of music. Sounds like an ace night out, even for a school night. Xx

Kitty said...

You guys must have lost so much through all these quakes, it's hard to imagine :(
Having said that you obviously haven't lost your heart or spirit.xx.

Rose&Bird said...

You devils, out on a school night! Sounds like you had a great time. I haven't been to a gig in years, do miss live music x

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh yay - one of my fave Sydney frocks! You and nix look gorgeous - and good for you for going out on a school night! I went out tonight but I was in my 8pm. Does that count??

Loveandfrocks, Sarah xxx

Vix said...

On a school night? You are soooo naughty!
I love that frock you're wearing, it's psychedelic and freaking fabulous. Those posters are brilliant, any bloke who holds a fag like that is proper hard in my book.
Love you!
Vix
xxxxxxxx

Krista said...

You said swampier and raw and that made perfect sense to me. Yeah for going our on weeknights too, it feels nice to break up the monotony of ritual.

I love live music and just hanging out with strangers. You guys all look like you are having a killer time!

pastcaring said...

Hurrah for going out mid-week!
And for looking so marvellous in your lovely frock. Particularly impressed with the colour of your tights!

La Dama said...

Going on a school night is always fun amor, love your vestido and hair clip flower. those posters are so cool.remind me of the rockabilly club posters here.

seƱora Allnut said...

So delightfully indecorous, going out on school night!!!, whouuuu, and you look fabulous in your colorful outfits!!
Love you have some music and fun on Tuesday night!
besos & music

Perdita said...

OOooOO you rebel! Looking fiine as always! :)

devilishlypleasurable said...

Hello Gorgeous! Looks like one fun night!

Vicky said...

Sounds like a great night out. I actually think that is where my cousin works LOL. I know she runs a pub over that side of town in or near Woolston and begins with "B" LOL

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Jeeez CC must be entertainment starved to be out on a cold mid-week night eh? It's so great to see everyone still thirsting for music and prepared to risk a hangover the next day though. It's a bit like wartime - have fun whenever the opportunity arises. I love the jumper Nix is wearing and if I could just snatch you hair thingy and tights I would be in dress-up heaven! You had me PISSING myself at your comment this morning! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Trees said...

Out on a school night? The Scandal!!

I want pink tights like yours!!

Bonnie said...

Yet another fun evening and on a school night! I am loving your dress by the way,

~Bonnie