Cruise Repeat


So, like I was saying before we got so rudely interrupted by the snow, G and I hosted a big family dinner party to re-live the fun we had at dinner on the cruise we all went on in January!
(posts concerning this are here , here , here and here .
Here, kitty kitty!
These are the smoove flares G got in Oamaru a couple of weeks back!
I wore:
Frock-sweetheart Curtise! (where are you darling, I miss you?!xxx)
Bow-darling Nelly!
Shoes-sexacious Desiree!
Earrings-Oaxaca, Mexico
Necklaces-Vientiane, Lao and Kensington Markets, London
Brooch(on chain mail necklace)-vintage, opshopped

***
As requested,
Carrot and Mushroom Loaf
(from Alison Holst 's Meals without Meat 1990)

Ingredients:
1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp oil or butter
200g mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper
3 cups grated carrot(make sure you squeeze out moisture!)*
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs(I've used egg substitute when cooking this for vegans, and use soy cheese)
for topping: 2 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
2tbsp grated cheese
paprika

To make:
Cook onion & garlic in the oil(or butter) until onion is soft,
add the sliced mushrooms  and cook until softened,
Transfer the cooked onion/mushroom mixture to a bowl, and add the next 9 ingredients.(note, I stole the idea of adding about 70g chopped walnuts to this from our mate Dave K, and they add extra yum and crunch!)
Mix throughly, then transfer to a well greaesd loaf tin.(I line mine with baking paper).Add topping,dust lightly with paprika.
Cover with foil and bake 180 degress for 1/2 hour, then uncover and bake a further 30 minutes or until the centre is firm when pressed.(I don't find it gets as firm as I like,so I bake it up to another 30 minutes longer.)

* I squeeze the hell out of the grated carrot, cos any moisture will result in a soggy non-loaf!

We often have this with a roast, as G and I dislike any roast vege except potatoes!
Gravy is fabulous on it!

X

21 comments:

VintageSweetheart said...

Your rocking the purple and G rocked those flares and snake skin shoes! You're a stylish couple!

E :)

two squirrels said...

You look so good in that colour, what a great dress.
Love the pop up furry tail in the photo!!!!
Great brown flares G!!!!

Miss Claire said...

Oh that loaf sounds delish!!!

I love your frock, look at the outline of your wicked legs! Nice bow, thanks Nelly! G looks positivly gorgeous in those flares and platforms, what a dapper lad he is.

Xoxoxox Meow!

Kitty said...

G looks awesome and so do you!! Actually I think you're getting sexier every time I see you, and I LOVED your b/w/red outfit yesterday, so beautiful against the backdrop of snow. Please fill us in on which war movies you've been watching-you and I seem to have developed a taste for them at exactly the same time-I bought 7 war movies on Friday.xx.

Louise said...

I love purple, it' my favourite colour, it looks great on you. G's flares rock too. Xx

VainGlorySinner said...

I love that HUGE silver bow! The dress is gorgeous too - anything purple is always a winner for me! It looks like hairy tentacle is coming to get you!

G looks uber groovay in those flares and snake skin booties! Very suave! xxx

Trees said...

You too make an amazing couple! Loving your purple frock and G's snake skin boots - rock on.

Nelly said...

Thatg colour so suits you.Id love to find some shoes like Gs wow great score.Dod we miss making snow angels already?

Perdita said...

You both look super schmoove. G's boots are pure genius, love em!!

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh you look gorgeous in that beautiful maxi, amor! And I love the spirally thing you've been diong with your hair - it's a little bit Elizabeth Bennet, but extra fab with the fuck-off silver bow.

That loaf looks gorgeous - I can make it with gluten free breadcrumbs - or I can ask awesome sister in law to make it for me because I am too lazy!

Has the snow melted? Are you back at work? So many questions!

Loaflove, Sarah xxx

La Dama said...

You look heavenly amor, love that color and frock rocks.sliver bow is so pretty. of course your hair is looking magical.
G is looking very stylish, love the snakeskin coakaroach killing boots.

Vix said...

That dress does wonders for your already amzing booboids, my hot 1970's cruisy chick.
G Man looks rather splendid, too.
Phwoar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
That recipe sounds yummy, if I don't go to the pub tonight I may be tempted to give it a whizz.
Love You!
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bonnie said...

You look mahvelous Helga and G is looking very Rico Suave,I love his fashion sensibilities. I may try your recipe as I am looking for more meatless meals. Hope you had a fun dinner party.

Krista said...

You are purpleicious!!! I love that big bright silver bow and your necklaces are just dripping of your neckline, SEXINESS!!!!!

I just had a mini vacation looking at your cruise pictures, you two I am sure were the coolest cats on that whole dam boat!

seƱora Allnut said...

both of you look awesome, love G's shoes and love your purple dress, so Purple!!
And thanks for sharing your recipe, yum!
besos

Crystal Lee said...

You both look amazing! You look fab in purple. very royal!

delia hornbook said...

Loving G's flares how cool does he look ;-)) And you looking amazing as always love that colour purple on you., dee xx

Ronnie Rabbit said...

You both look so elegant, and thankyou for another yummy recipe, I can't wait to try it out x

Miss Peregrin said...

Huge fan of G's flares! I love your gorgeous frock & hair bow as well. The bodice of that dress is gorgeous, and it's such a pretty shade of blue.

Dial V for Vintage said...

You both look fabulous! I love that cat tail in the last picture, hehe!:)

Theeny said...

when I saw G's shoes I had to pick up my lower jaw off the floor...I manically searched the thesaurus to find a suitable word to describe their coolness, but I fear it has not yet been invented