Frock you, frock me, lets frock together-it's how it should be


Just frock it, and frock it good!

Yeah.

It's frocking Friday, that lovely day that just keeps coming round.

Like Monday!

I can't see the point in being grumpy on a Monday, actually.

It just keeps coming, so why waste your time being shitty once a week, every week, all year long?!

Bollocks to that.

I have better things to do!


Like pose fabulously in this divine frock my gorgeous Sarah sent me this week!

The sleeves!

Look at the sleeves!!!

I do love a good sleeve.

I'm wearing it with:

Long waistcoat, or whatever you might call it-vintage, opshopped

Tights-retail

Shoes-Trade Me
Hair bow-made by moi, with flowery addition from a chemist

Sunglasses-opshopped

Earrings-Selcuk, Turkey

Necklace-Oaxaca, Mexico

Silver cuff-Vix


Yes, we really did get our cats from Trade Me , Curtise sweetie!

You can get anything on Trade Me, it seems!

A young South African couple had to move back to South Africa, and Humpers and Pee Pee needed a home!

G spotted them; I was still raw from losing Boris, and not thinking about new kittehs at all! Then G called me over and started showing me various cats in need of a home on Trade Me.....needless to say, I wanted all of them! I still think about a tabby called Spud who looked really cute; I hope he found a home. But we wanted two, and these two sounded and looked perfect-so we went to meet them, and that, as they say, was that.

I'm quite besotted!


And a little pouty.

Our Cousin Phil is coming over for dinner tonight, I'm making a jungle curry for him, which I think is both a Northern Thai and/or Burmese thing; it has no coconut milk.

Terri love, I've never made pho-but my understanding is that it's a Vietnamese dish? It does sound lovely. There is a splendid N chef/TV presenter, Peta Mathias , whom I admire, who loves pho and even wrote a travel/food book about vietnam and the perfect pho.

I'm very keen to both go to Vietnam and eat Vietnamese, but so far have not managed either!

I'm such a slut for Thai food, having been there at least 5 times and eaten enormous quantities of it!


Hmmm.

I expect I should have a costume change.

It is dinner, after all!

X

20 comments:

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Oh what a fabulous dress! And it's divine with that luscious green gilet xxx

Vintage Coconut said...

Oh my Heavens look its Helga in a stunning number!
OOOO Your dress is gorgeous love the colors.
That waistcoast is WoNdErOuS because its in my favorite color. *Delicious*
I love your hair art it looks fabfreakintastic with the whole outfit.
*YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

OP SHOP MAMA said...

Bloody marvellous.
And thai food is SO GOOD. You are clever to be able to make it..

Dam I'm hungry!!!
x

Nelly said...

You look terrific in that rocking frock.Love the long vest/waistcoat thingy too. xxx

Perdita said...

The long waistcoat has something of a fairytale princess, but waaay cooler. Love it. Have you tried it over shorter dresses? It could look quite cheeky that way!

pastcaring said...

Posing well today, Helga my dear!
I love the gorgeous dress from Sarah, a floaty sleeve is indeed a thing of beauty, and what a clever styling idea, adding the green maxi waistcoat/gilet/whatever it is. Ooh, you could put that with all sorts of things - do you ever wear it with something SHORT?? A flash of leg would be tempting!
Thai food - wonderful. I have to confess the last jungle curry I had was a little too fiery even for me, and I like it hot - but what's life without a bit of danger?! Enjoy xxx

PS. Lucky Humps and PP to have found you, I'm sure Spud found someone lovely too. I wanted every cat in the Cat Shelter where we got ours...

Miss Peregrin said...

Those sleeves are divine! What a gorgeous dress! I love how you've paired it with the green waistcoat thing - marvelous!

Misfits Vintage said...

Oh darling - what a stroke if frickin GENIUS to wear that fab floor length waistcoat over that frock! INSPIRED, I TELL YOU!

And that bow with added floral embellishment is exquisite - I would be SUPER happy if the bow fairy sent me one! (Ooh how rude I am!!)

Hope you are having a marvellous jungle curry evening and I HIGHLY recommend you get into some Vietnamese food - it's light and spicy and fresh and flavoursome... you'll love it I think.

Happy weekend darling!

Telephone, Sarah xxx

Mary ♥ Mur said...


Oh, nice post.)) Love your blog!!!.))))))

I need your help ... Soon I am flying to Greece and I will have a two-day shopping in Athens .. You were there ever? If yes, what places you advise?

VintageSweetheart said...

Amazing dress I dream of finding something that beautiful!

Love that you got your cats off trade me, we got our cat out of a box at the swap meet for $5. He was $10 but my dad bartered them down. Shame he's a jerk cat haha

E :)

Krista said...

Love this combination and the green waist coat over is perfection! That heart necklace I must see more it looks crazy good!

Slut for Thai food, you have a way with words! I am so happy you and the kitties are living happily together, what we would do without our animals!

Have a yummy dinner you sexy creature!

seƱora Allnut said...

you look superb with your long green waistcoat, and love how you wear it over that maxi, showing us that magnificent sleeves!
And wish you have a delicious dinner!
besos

Bonnie said...

Frocking awesome Helga! Give Vietnamese food a try, you'll love it as much as Thai. Give your kittehs a hug and a kiss each from their Aunty Bonnie!

Young at Heart said...

fabulous...hope you have a great weekend and don't get too frocked!!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

You look like a fairy-tale mediaeval (funk-) princess with that blue and green - Robin Hood might be along at any moment to whisk you off to somewhere!

And... I thought you were joking about the pussers and Trade Me - But what a fabulous story! Bon weekend, ma fabuleuse fille! xxx

lasophia said...

I pho-king love pho! I eat it whenever possible. Its so affordable as well. I wanna taste your jungle curry! or at least see it. hehe.

Trees said...

You have quite the internatinal outfit - with accessories from Mexico & Turkey! Fancy!

I do love Pho - Rich and I went to 'nam last year I think and I ate a whole bunch of Pho - I shall have to get your advice on "must eats" for Thailand ^^

Alex said...

Oh my gosh, you sexy woman. I LOVE this outfit. Full length waistcoat? In GREEN? Hell yes.

Come to England!!! I shall whisk you and Vix up to Liverpool and we can go to my favourite Thai restaurant and gorge ourselves on their buffet. It is deeeeeeeeeelicious stuff.

ps - Tuesdays are the ones that generally end up being crappy days for me. Mondays are nice and quiet at work so the stress levels reduce somewhat.

Smashingbird said...

Frock yeh! I think this is my favouritest friday frock yet! x

Vix said...

I love that green waistcoaty thingy and you can't beat a good sleeve.
I have no problems with Monday either, especially since I gave up working and didn't have to listen to my workmates blather on about X factor and dance shows.
Love you
Vix
xxx