It's Friday-what are YOU wearing?!

And here we are again!
Friday's come round bloody quickly, these days!
But have no fear, Helga's here!

I fancied being rather lurid today.
This frock I have had for a few years, but had almost forgotten about it, until I rummaging amongst my frocks the other evening.
It's almost ugly.
Well, it probably is, but in a good way.
Frock-vintage, opshopped
Coat-vintage, opshopped
Tights, necklace and vintage bag-gorgeous Sarah
Shoes-retail
I popped out for a wee lunch with Justine, and then went and picked up supplies from various places around town-G and I are hosting a family dinner tomorrow night, and we are doing all the cooking!
The menu runs:
Entree-Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
Main-Roast Chicken, Roast Beef, various roast veges, a Carrot & Mushroom loaf and a Broccoli Slice
Dessert-Orange and Pistachio Olive Oil cake with whipped cream and/or icecream.

We had enjoyed the family dinners we'd had on the cruise earlier in the year, and decided we wanted to relive it. Doing all the cooking ourselves means we have quality control, too. No nasty potluck scares, and also, a sit down dinner rather than a buffet.
G will take care of all the roasting, and I'm doing the rest. So this afternoon I am starting on that, to the tunes of PJ Harvey, and have already made the Broccoli Slice-which is basically a crustless quiche. Next I'm going to do the Carrot & Mushroom Loaf, and I'll do the cake tomorrow morning, and the soup later in the day.
Organised!

Here's a close up of the crazy print on my frock!
Carpets!

And here's a little blast from our not so distant past; our flash dinner first night in Mexico!!
Look at the margharita glasses!
We guzzled a few of those!
I so wish I had bought a sombrero home, but really, it would have been a pain to carry, and I'm too paranoid to post for some dumbass reason!

Ooooo, we watched lucious Colin last night!
OMG I love this movie!!!
Colin is sublime!
As is Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham-Carter.
And Guy Pearce is always a pleasure!
I freaking loved the art design on this, every detail of the interiors and costuming was perfectly fabulous!
I reckon the Oscars were well deserved!
I think I have to watch it again over the weekend.
Tote news!
Last I heard, the tote had arrived with Boheme.
This post (21st March) has the original list and all the links.

X

23 comments:

Nelly said...

Yay Helga saved the day lol well DD did too and VC so where have you been woman!! We beat you today lol xxxx
I hope the tote is on the move again.

Trees said...

I want yellow tights!!

Love the sombreros - I want one too. Not sure if you watch the mighty boosh but there is an episode where Vince Noir makes the comment "Its impossible to be unhappy in a poncho" - I think the same could be said of a sombrero^^

Misfits Vintage said...

As usual, your colour combo is frickin exquisite amor! That coat is fabulous and I reckon I could take a bath in that margarita glass!!!

Happy weekend love - hope your dinner party is maximum funnage! Could we get the mushroom and carrot loaf recipe please?

I am such a pleb, I haven't seen the movie - I will try to see it this week!

Loveandcake, Sarah xxx

Kitty said...

Ooh I was just looking at that movie in JB hi fi today, wondering if it was any good! Colin looks particularly dishy on the cover, doesn't he?! Those margaritas look ridiculously tempting too!

VainGlorySinner said...

Haha! 'Have no fear, Helga's here' LOVE IT!

The dress looks like a menagerie of indian-esque style rugs! It's quite bizarre and very 70s. You styled it up very well!

That chunky necklace is so cool! It's HUGE!

You family meal sounds divine! I wish I was there to taste the fine cuisine that you and G create together! xxx

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Love the outfit - a most delicious colour combo if I may say. G looks fabulous in his sombrero. Enjoy your meal. xx

VintageSweetheart said...

Love the colours today! I want some coloured tights I need to find some!

That pattern is out of this world!

E :)

Vix said...

I love those colours, a bit of lurid's just what I need today, it's so grey and dank here and you've cheered me up no end. Those tights and shoes are gorgeous.
Love G in his hat and am in lust with the size of those glasses.
I didn't know Guy Pearce was in The King's Speech, the film doesn't really excite me but he might!
Love you.
Vix
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Boheme.Fille said...

Lovely outfit! Love the colors!

P.S: I've tried to contact the next person over a week now, but she doesn't respond. Should I go to the next person?

AMINTA said...

I adore the bright colors on this outfit!! The best of all are your shoes with your yellow thights!! always so fun and creative <3
Much love,

amintasfashion

KibitzKnitz said...

Love the Flying Carpet Dress! I'm Such a fan of Red/Orange and you look Mah*Velous in it. If you are so inclined, please post the carrot loaf recipe; I have friends who are vegetarian (I'm not) and am always looking for good things to feed them!!

Krista said...

You should be tap dancing in those lil shoes and tights. Bright as a sunset and peppy to match. Happy Frocking Friday. You two in Mexico would be an instant party!

My must see movie list continues and as soon as the weather turns I will hibernate and begin my winter watch list.

Big hugs to you Helga!!

La Dama said...

Amor,
You always save the day with your array of colors. love this frock just cause its different and colorful.
You two look great in your cute sombreros, I think I have on of those sombreros laying about in green.
Have you seen Colin in the movie Dorian? he is splendid.

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Broccolli slice, droooooool!

Those colours on you and the flower in your hair, drooollll!

Colin Firth. No words necessary!

Have a frockin' fabulous weekend! xxx

seƱora Allnut said...

whooou, it's a really awesome and bright outfit, so pretty color combo!!, love your mustard tights and red shoes and your always lovely red coat!, and also love your 'ugly' frock!, but love specially the great flower on your hair, it looks adorable!
And so funny to have a great family dinner and have so much fun cooking and eating and drinking!!
besos & nice weekend

Perdita said...

Love that dress and those noms, I sadly cannot emulate you, in my PJs and with my vege pizza. Ah, I wish I had your glamour my dear!

LandGirl1980 said...

Nothing as fantabulous as this! Thats for shiz! Looking like a lovely autumn leaf! LOVE it!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

I have yellow tights on my post too - sherbet-tastic! Love The Kings Speech, must rewatch it soon, it really was fabulous cinema x

Vintage Coconut said...

OooO I love this one! The tights dress and shoes all should get MARRIED! lol I also really like the pic of the sombrero's heheh I am always tempted to buy one... I know one day I will!
HOLY HELL I just caught a glimpse of that necklace MY GODDDDDDDDDD ITS AMAZING!

Terri said...

It's good to hear that the bag is still moving along. Very impressed by the size of those Mexican margaritas and I look forward to seeing a recap of the dinner party.

Miss Peregrin said...

Loving the crazy print on this dress! I really think that I need to find some coloured tights for my own wardrobe as well - all yours look absolutely delightful!

I can't wait to see The Kings Speech! All of the actors & actresses are favourites of mine, and I've heard such great things.

Max said...

Outfit, menu, colin, all yum x

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

The color combo of yellow and red is lush! I have shoe envy too, those are great.

I have to wear a uniform on Fridays, but when I get back to the states I'll join you in Frock Friday.

Michelle