A little enjoyment


You may remember me blithering about this movie the other week.......we inflicted it upon Cousin Phil the other night, and he passed out with joy!

I love this movie!

If you are remotely PC, in any way, do not watch it!

It's a bit of a Russ Meyer meets Quentin Tarantino with a punch in the head from Robert Rodrigues kind of violent lesbian drug pimping church fest.

You have been warned!


These girls are NZ icons, and deservedly so.

They're yodelling queer twins from a farm, and they're fabulous!

No shit!


Loved this!

Freakin' fab story, freakin' fab acting by Marianne!

Miki Manojlovic is just darling!

And last night we watched this!
Wonderful music, and gorgeous to look at.
The plot got a little bit obtuse, but we did enjoy it.

We don't watch nearly enough movies, probably because we are glued to Antiques Roadshow so much!

Must recify!

X

OMG, I stupidly didn't mention yesterday that my safety pants were courtesy of darling Vix !!!

And now, the recipe for
JUNGLE CURRY

(to serve 4-6, or in our case,3.)

Curry paste:
4 fresh red chillies
4 garlic cloves
2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, sliced thin (I just use 2 teaspoons lemongrass froma jar if I don't have any fresh or in the freezer)
2 inches ginger or galangal, peeled and chopped
1 red onion, roughly chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chopped coriander root/stalk or ground coriander (coriander =cilantro)

Mix in food processor or blender, or pound in a mortar/pestle

Other ingredients:
4 tablespoons oil (I use bran or peanut)
5 baby corn cobs, split lengthwise
A pepper (aka capsicum), any colour, sliced
Handful green beans, topped/tailed/ halved
Handful fresh button mushrooms, halved (I prefer quartered)
A small head of broccoli, cut into florets
OR ANY VEGES YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE! (the point of jungle curry is that you make do with whatever is at hand; last time I used carrot and cabbage instead of broccoli and pepper)
1 block firm tofu, cut into chunks
1 1/2 vege stock
1 tablesppons dark soy sauce
4 kaffir lime leaves, sliced thin
2 teaspoons brown sugar
For garnish:
1/4 cup chopped fresh coraiander (aka cilantro)
3-4 red chillies, sliced

Cooked rice or noodles!

Method:
Heat oil in wok, add curry paste, cook until fragrant.
Add veges, coat with curry paste, cook a little
Add stock, soy sauce, lime leaves, sugar
Cook until veges are tender.

Enjoy!
Remember, if it doesn't burn twice, it wasn't as nice!!
Bahahahahaaaaaaaa!
XXX





15 comments:

Ronnie Rabbit said...

You can't beat that first title! Thanks for the recipe, I have just copied it out and will be trying it soon, sounds yummy!

Louise said...

We recently watched a film called London Boulevard. It was great. I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to films, but this one kept me with it. Xx

Ivy Black said...

I've seen Nude Nuns With Big Guns and it is a helluva film...not for everyone though I agree! It's sort of so wrong its right!
Ta for the curry recipe..perfect for end of the month and using stuff up.
xxxx

Misfits Vintage said...

Ooh I cannot wait to see the Nun one - sounds HILARIOUS! And the Topps used to tour here all the time - they were on Spicks and Specks quite a few times. They were such fantastically quirky, talented dags!

Loveandjungleboogie, Sarah xxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I love the Topp Twins, yes Camp Mother I do!! Oooh and thank you for introducing me to more wickedness - movies, curry, you are a woman after my own heart. xoxoxoxo

Frocktasia said...

Dearest Helga,
Irina Palm is one of my fave films ever. It was on the telly one night after I'd got home from work at the pub. Mark & I started watching & it had us nailed to the sofa, which has to be said does not happen very often.
Such a touching account of a sad reality & Ms Faithfull's acting is masterful.
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx

Krista said...

Thanks for the movie recommendations I am always open to new flicks and I am a fan of boobs and motorcycles :)

Marianne Faithfull...love her, can't wait to check this out!

That recipe looks so wonderful. Can't wait to try! Thanks for sharing!

Vix said...

Nude Nuns with Big Guns, sod the plot, the poster says it all. I freaking love it!
We don't watch enough films either, I seem to be loosing my attention span as I get older and keep wandering off.
That recipe sounds divine. I'm off for a curry in a bit and I can't sodding wait!
Love you!
Vix
xxx

pastcaring said...

Oh Madam Helga, you are spoiling us with your recommendations and your recipes!
Funnily enough I just heard Marianne Faithfull's Ballad of Lucy Jordan on the radio, I'd forgotten how great that song is. I've never seen her act though. I am shamefully useless about films, never get round to watching anything these days...

Looking forward to trying the curry. An ex-colleaugue of mine always said a curry isn't worth having unless your arse is like the Japanese flag the next day. Charmed, I'm sure! xxxx

Perdita said...

Quality filmage. I love an odd movie now and then, the worse the better!

Thanks lots for the recipe, looks delicious.

La Dama said...

I have that movie on my lovefilm list amor.I love weird movies myself.recipe sounds muy bueno.

Alex said...

Ooh thank you for the recipe. I shall definitely be giving that a go. I'm so unadventurous when it comes to cooking proper meals - I channel my energies into baking instead.

Penny Dreadful said...

The nude nun sounds right up my alley (OOH ERR!) x

Trees said...

The title of the first one made me giggle - trash cinema - how I love thee!

Miss Peregrin said...

Nude Nuns With Big Guns sounds like my kind of movie! I think I'll have to track it down for the next movie night with the boyfriend. Sounds like it would be right up his alley too!